+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Rank 5; 2
    Rank 4; 85
    Rank 3; 123
    Rank 2; 8793
    Rank 1; 16713

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    220 items? How did you calculate that number?
    And they wouldn't even need to make new monsters, they could just recycle the old ones by balancing them with new stats/strats.
    Seals of "fuck this garbage +2" for each job each slot then stones of "oh my god this is retarded +3" for each job and each slot. They all have to be different, cause you wouldn't possibly want someone gearing a job they're not currently on.

22x5 + 22x5 = 220

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    I mean like, realistically, how do you make 220 items drop from VW. That would require a shitload of different mobs.

There's no way I can think of to make voidwatch give job related rewards.

Could you imagine the amount of bitching there would be? We can't ever hit mnk procs cause no one wants to unlock monk gear damnit! fix it!

Voidwatch, in the same style as it was, can't exist on a server with 200 people. (for empyrean, it would be fine for more plates/cinder/dross)
    Arguing that Voidwatch would be a terrible idea due to servers with 200 people is like saying Dynamis Wave3 is impossible to clear on those same servers. If 18 people are motivated enough they will do it, and they will then sell that content to those that cannot do it.

Voidwatch is pathetically easy and you can cover the procs with 12 or so people and skimp on by just fine while still being able to kill the target, we didn't have knowledge of fume back in the days of old so that would only make it easier to do with those kinds of numbers.

I believe they also mentioned salvage ilvl?

WAS being the keyword. New VW will have Merit ws procs, relic procs, emp ws procs, mythic procs all kinds of job specific stupidity. You won't be able to cover anything without specifically bringing that job.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

WAS being the keyword. New VW will have Merit ws procs, relic procs, emp ws procs, mythic procs all kinds of job specific stupidity. You won't be able to cover anything without specifically bringing that job.
    That won't necessarily be the case. Obviously, sure, SE could elect to design it that way, but subsequent proc/objective systems have not been as dependent on specific jobs. With how often SE has kinda relied on similar ideas for the jobs and content of a given era, if they use procs, they could end up doing them more like Vagary boss pops or Omen objectives.

At its heart, Voidwatch is just a tiered pop NM system, same as a fair amount of ilevel content. Seeing an ilevel version implemented in a similar way to Delve/UNM/Escha/Reisen/etc would not be that surprising. They could also use it as an alternative to Dynamis for those REMA points - they're accruing some invisible points already right? So what if they end up like Escha Beads, with Dynamis being like Domain Invasion for farming them, and maybe ilevel Voidwatch more like killing pop NMs. That'd possible give a reason to bring other jobs without strictly requiring all of them just to toss out JAs.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

WAS being the keyword. New VW might have Merit ws procs, relic procs, emp ws procs, mythic procs all kinds of job specific stupidity. You won't be able to cover anything without specifically bringing that job.
    Corrected for ya. ^^ Nothing is guaranteed yet. We know basically nothing besides "we're working on something."

On the VW2.0 idea, I sincerely doubt they'd include Relic WS in an adjusted pool due to the weapon requirement. Same thing for Mythic ws, which were around when the VW system was first made, so would be a bizarre inclusion at this point. Empy/Merit WS would both stand a good chance of getting added, but they are almost all multijob usable, so the extra burden would be light.

IF this year's new content really does end up being VW2.0, probably the biggest complaints out of everyone will be over the new pop KI's having a shitty recharge rate. :3

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The new battle content could simply be the new master trials they mentioned they were planning, and not anything related to empyrean reforges.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    The new battle content could simply be the new master trials they mentioned they were planning, and not anything related to empyrean reforges.
    They normally make a point to call out Master Trial's as "Master Trials", and don't wrap them into anything else. I also agree that what is incoming does not HAVE to be involved with Empyrean armor reforging, but I'd still say that the odds are good that we will see those happen this year or next.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    They normally make a point to call out Master Trial's as "Master Trials", and don't wrap them into anything else. I also agree that what is incoming does not HAVE to be involved with Empyrean armor reforging, but I'd still say that the odds are good that we will see those happen this year or next.
    We don't actually know for sure what they refer to when they say "battle content", so you can't actually claim they make a point of always calling out MTs as MTs. If they refer to MTs as MTs 50% of the time and battle content as the other 50%, it's patently false.

Campaign
    BG Level

Seals of "fuck this garbage +2" for each job each slot then stones of "oh my god this is retarded +3" for each job and each slot. They all have to be different, cause you wouldn't possibly want someone gearing a job they're not currently on.

22x5 + 22x5 = 220
    They could totally go that route, but that could also go the Omen route or something entirely different, bit too early to count the number of items necessary.

I mean like, lets be realistic. Theres no good way to turn vw into an entire year long upgrade 22 jobs content.

How are you gonna do it? "Cards" @ procs? Each specific mob drops/gives "scales" for different jobs? Treasure boxes with sellable "void items". all of these (for a system of job specific upgrades) sound miserable.

While VW is one of my absolute favorites for content, it's a horribad idea for empyrean +3.... almost as bad as dynamis. They would never even consider making new dynamis... ....... oh right.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Inc dreamland divegence for empyrean.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I mean like, lets be realistic. Theres no good way to turn vw into an entire year long upgrade 22 jobs content.

How are you gonna do it? "Cards" @ procs? Each specific mob drops/gives "scales" for different jobs? Treasure boxes with sellable "void items". all of these (for a system of job specific upgrades) sound miserable.

While VW is one of my absolute favorites for content, it's a horribad idea for empyrean +3.... almost as bad as dynamis. They would never even consider making new dynamis... ....... oh right.
    Look at the original Empyrean armors. There was 1x job/slot specific mat and 1x shared mat that had to be farmed. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they followed this model again, as much as my inventory screams in horror at that thought. Would it REALLY be THAT hard to give us some sort of method to store all these upgrade mats without worrying about crashing the servers? >_<;;; Who knows tho, maybe they will have mercy upon us and we'll just earn a new generic currency that we can use to buy the upgrade stuff we need rather than locking everyone down to specific jobs yet again... I can hope. Don't kill my hope. ._.;;

It'd also be plenty easy to drag out. 20hr+ KI recharge rate, cooldowns tied to specific NMs and/or NM tiers, doling out tiers over time (along w/ upgrade mats and/or reforge unlocks,) expanding the target roster at a later date w/ high challenge / high reward fights, etc. They could also extend the content's lifetime (read: timesink) by using new Atmacite-like KIs that would need to be farmed, add desirable gear drops, add new mats for new crafting recipes, etc. They'll find some way to keep us interested longer than it takes to upgrade 2-3 armor sets.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Rank 5; 2
    Rank 4; 85
    Rank 3; 123
    Rank 2; 8793
    Rank 1; 16713
    Thanks man! Well that rank 4 great sword is definitely not going to be sendable within your account I bet, and i wonned it on my mule. And i had a 62713 marble. But that shadow lord merit battle event has a great sword item right?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1/NA1) Weekly devpost summary. They slipped in a notice that another Famitsu broadcast will be happening on July 27th. This looks to be another NicoNico Premium thing, so if anyone runs across a copy of the video after it airs, the community would appreciate it if you let us know here. ^^

NA1) Hardware maintenance incoming @ Jul. 25, 2018 19:00 to Jul. 26, 2018 00:30 (PDT)

EDIT: Added link to NA translation of the devpost summary. As expected, it does not mention the upcoming broadcast.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Rank 5; 2
    Rank 4; 85
    Rank 3; 123
    Rank 2; 8793
    Rank 1; 16713

22x5 + 22x5 = 220
    Theyd probably go back to just JSE 'seal' items akin to Omen. So just 22 items.

I'd just expect that you get cards for beating the boss, based on lights.

Just finished pimping out my Proc war with full suite of OAT weapons too, so if we get Voidwatch I am very prepared! I think I have every weapon covered now too.

lolmastertrial

Against all the heroines? (Iroha) But have to assume there are multiple mobs

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

lolmastertrial

Against all the heroines? (Iroha) But have to assume there are multiple mobs
    That's the Orb's Radiance battlefield.. I imagine it's a fight against Cloud of Darkness, but instead of Iroha helping you, she's helping the Cloud?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Maurauc View Post
    That's the Orb's Radiance battlefield.. I imagine it's a fight against Cloud of Darkness, but instead of Iroha helping you, she's helping the Cloud?
    The important part... It's the short-hair model of Iroha. <3

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Maybe we'll get short hair Iroha as a new trust!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1) In response to a player complaining about no response over an apparent bug which allows you to complete the "talk in Unity" ROE twice daily instead of once. Fujito replied that they are still in the process of verifying the bug, but it's a very small amount and they are waiting on the player to give better instructions on how to reproduce it. Once they have confirmed the bug and settled on a fix, it'll get fixed with a monthly update or emergency maintenance.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag