Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 670
  1. #21
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,181
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    You cant get relic currency, nor can you get Abyssea NM items or HMP's...theyre pretty consistent on that one.
    They basically said "it's already easy enough" and that the difficulty level is where they want it for completing a modern mythic.

  2. #22
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    29,841
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Theres nothing difficult about it, its just very grindy.

  3. #23
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,096
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Grindiness is a type of difficulty.

  4. #24
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,181
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    JP weekly summary) Wow. Just those two devposts for this week, plus the announcement of the AEE being in Feb.

  5. #25
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    888
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    annoyed that you can get every assault point with Copper Vouchers except Nyzul....I get it, but man, how many mythics have I done where everything is finished before Nyzul tokens?

  6. #26
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,181
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    NA1) Feb patch notes are up.
    PatchDay is Feb 9.
    DD-Windurst inc. Hat reforging inc. (I think there is actually a joke on JPside about reforging RDM hat. XD)
    AmbuV2 is snolls.

    There are a couple of small devposts on JPside that I haven't touched yet because GTrans is choking on game terms.
    JP 1a / 1b ) Pretty sure that they are about part of the mythic creation process since Sanraku comes up. Think the player just didn't know how to get the zeni process started. Will confirm details once the normally simpler weekly summary gets pushed out.

    JP 2a / 2b ) A returning player was having problems converting a new trial account to a permanent one.

    JP3) In response to a well reasoned complaint about sourcing mats for Escutcheons, the devs said they will examine the possibility of adjusting things in order to flatten the difficulty across elements. They will be looking at possibly adjusting monster populations and/or drop rates, but expect this review to take a while, so don't expect it soon.

  7. #27
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    995
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    NA1) Feb patch notes are up.
    PatchDay is Feb 9.
    DD-Windurst inc. Hat reforging inc. (I think there is actually a joke on JPside about reforging RDM hat. XD)
    AmbuV2 is snolls.

    There are a couple of small devposts on JPside that I haven't touched yet because GTrans is choking on game terms.
    JP 1a / 1b ) Pretty sure that they are about part of the mythic creation process since Sanraku comes up. Think the player just didn't know how to get the zeni process started. Will confirm details once the normally simpler weekly summary gets pushed out.
    Nothing special, player started ZNMs years ago, was asked by Sanraku to do something, didn't finish it and couldn't figure out what it was when they tried to do ZNMs for their Mythic years later because Sanraku only reacts with a standard-phrase at that point. Devs guessed that they had yet to trade a Soul Plate, which was correct.

  8. #28
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,181
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by Petitssk View Post
    Nothing special, player started ZNMs years ago, was asked by Sanraku to do something, didn't finish it and couldn't figure out what it was when they tried to do ZNMs for their Mythic years later because Sanraku only reacts with a standard-phrase at that point. Devs guessed that they had yet to trade a Soul Plate, which was correct.
    Cool. That means that "Think the player just didn't know how to get the zeni process started." wasn't too far off. Thanks for the backup. XD

    ...On a side note, I still think that the devs missed a huge opportunity w/ DD by not changing up which city zones were used. Would be less unexciting if we weren't stuck in the exact same Dynamis zones that we've been in for almost 15yrs. Tho I kinda get the feeling that they may have actually planned on moving to other zones given the timeframe of how long they were working on it and it just wasn't doable with their current staff. Might be actually exciting if they weren't making the reforges so insanely expensive+lackluster too. =_= )<^> BST reforges.

  9. #29
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,557
    BG Level
    8

    Not sure I'm getting your complaint about getting stuck etc, but the pattern is quite different from the original dynamis area, if that's what you were talking about.
    As previously guessed by many of us they're following the same hierarchy pattern of Omen: Feet > Hands > Head > Legs > Body

  10. #30
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    888
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    I interpreted Nyralko's comment to imply they wanted to see like Dyna-D Aht Urghan, Adoulin....hell considering it caps at 32 players not 64, even Dyna-D Mhaura/Selbina could have been interesting....tight, but interesting.

  11. #31
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,181
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrindor View Post
    I interpreted Nyralko's comment to imply they wanted to see like Dyna-D Aht Urghan, Adoulin....hell considering it caps at 32 players not 64, even Dyna-D Mhaura/Selbina could have been interesting....tight, but interesting.
    Actually, I (male btw, "he" is better than "they" lol) meant to imply what I've said when the zone names were first datamined... I was hoping that just because a zone was "Dynamis - San d'Oria [D]" didn't mean that it had to use South San d'Oria as the zone map. It could have had the same name still but used North Sandy for example. It just would've been a nice change of pace to be in other areas instead of the exact same zones we've been using for nearly 15yrs.

  12. #32
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    888
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Actually, I (male btw, "he" is better than "they" lol) meant to imply what I've said when the zone names were first datamined... I was hoping that just because a zone was "Dynamis - San d'Oria [D]" didn't mean that it had to use South San d'Oria as the zone map. It could have had the same name still but used North Sandy for example. It just would've been a nice change of pace to be in other areas instead of the exact same zones we've been using for nearly 15yrs.
    my apologies good sir!

    Your idea is much simpler, stays within the confines of the original hydracorps/crystal war storyline, and would yield big enough zones to be functional- much better than what I interpreted!

  13. #33
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,661
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    I quit years ago but curious what the story of Dynamis [D] is...

  14. #34
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,181
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrindor View Post
    my apologies good sir!

    Your idea is much simpler, stays within the confines of the original hydracorps/crystal war storyline, and would yield big enough zones to be functional- much better than what I interpreted!
    It would also get us out of the infernal loop of Windurst Walls... ~_~;; I've run in circles there enough times that just zoning in makes me a bit dizzy after all these years.

    We only know of 4x DD zone names correct? How do y'all think they are going to handle the 5th slot? Both upgrades from Jeuno? "Surprise" final zone that has not been added to the dats to avoid being datamined? XD

  15. #35
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    888
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Hoping for a return to the Northlands. I mean, if we're gonna do this all over again, let's do it ALL over again! A stun-resistant dynamis lord could be interesting.

  16. #36
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,404
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I quit years ago but curious what the story of Dynamis [D] is...
    A goblin found a super extra special version of Dynamis and he'll let us visit and trade with us but also try to kick our asses.

  17. #37
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    312
    BG Level
    4

    Maybe they'll just skip Beaucadine and the final zone will be Xarcabard. That zone was always the most boring and tedious to get around. It's far too large for the allotted time limit for dynamis-D, so Xarcabard makes sense for the final zone since it's more compact in tune with the city zones

  18. #38
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,629
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    I'm hoping they skip Jeuno. That zone sucked balls back in the 75 era. Beaucidine also sucks because of the layout though.

  19. #39
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,181
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    I'm hoping they skip Jeuno. That zone sucked balls back in the 75 era. Beaucidine also sucks because of the layout though.
    Dynamis - Jeuno [D] was already confirmed in the dats, along w/ the 3x starter city zones. So, 4x zones total are currently known.

  20. #40
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,661
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Jeuno was always a clusterfuck. One bad pull could end your run. There was barely a place to recuperate when you were rolling 40-50 deep in 2004.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Dev Tracker: Discussion
    By Cairthenn in forum FFXI: Official News and Information
    Replies: 14645
    Last Post: 2018-01-10, 01:28
  2. Dev Tracker: Findings/Posts (NO DISCUSSION)
    By Yugl in forum FFXI: Official News and Information
    Replies: 827
    Last Post: 2017-11-29, 17:03
  3. Dev Tracker: Discussion (Old)
    By Yugl in forum FFXI: Official News and Information
    Replies: 7339
    Last Post: 2013-10-22, 22:02
  4. Dev Tracker
    By Burningthought in forum FFXI: Official News and Information
    Replies: 7282
    Last Post: 2012-09-25, 11:52
  5. Dev Tracker - Job adjustments 3rd June 2011
    By Eldelphia in forum FFXI: Official News and Information
    Replies: 200
    Last Post: 2011-06-15, 15:27