Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    I bolded it because you are apparently placing the majority of people who still enjoy the game into a negative light with the "can't let go." Unless you can explain that part, how is it they can't let go if they are paying for a service they enjoy? Is that a bad thing in your opinion?

I don't "knock on the game" from that time period. I've made posts in their respective threads over the years but I've never actively created threads or forced my opinion when it wasn't asked for or encouraged.

As far as the "you've grown so little" I have no idea what you're talking about, nor do I know who you even are lol.

SE announced the end of the game previously. They stick with this whenever they are asked stating that RoV was it, yet you still have people getting hyped for these events and making posts about how they want x y z content or a new expansion. You yourself have admitted that what they have put on recently is lame as referenced a few posts above. It's pretty safe to say that a lot of people who enjoy FFXI also can't let go. you can enjoy something but not be able to let go of it, i'm not sure what you're not understanding there.

Every time the previous iterations of the game are brought up you shit on them, no idea why you're refuting that when there is ample proof.

not sure if you're wanting me to feel insulted here or what? the fact that i have seen your name over multiple years and it sticks out to me means you're just an annoying individual.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

People who don't even play the game anymore posted that they were hoping something cool was announced, not just current players. Who cares if people post on a website forum about stuff? You seem really bothered by it and trying to come up with labels for people. I think what I'm not understanding is how you easily label everyone something that has a negative connotation to it. "Unable to let go" suggests they are crazy cat ladies or addicts. People are paying for a service and enjoying it, there's quite a difference.

I think most people had grounded expectations outside of some jokes. It was just a little surprising what actually took place. Also their "end" was only to the story, they themselves said they will continue content, so something like an add-on was not out of expectations.

Not gonna go into personal attacks or bringing up the past, I have no idea why you're coming off hostile and trying to attack me lol. Chill bro its a forum of a ancient game, right?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander
    WoW Realm
    Doomhammer

I'm not currently subbed, but I was excited for something. I obviously didn't think a full expansion was coming, but I was thinking something like an addon was likely. Considering how they've revamped most content for 119, a new Abyssea seemed possible to me.

The fact is SE generated some hype, whether intentionally or not, by doing this event, creating the refreinder, advertising it like mad, and making the weird morbol site. All with high production value. It's pretty reasonable to think that could have meant new content in some form. So I don't blame anyone for being disappointed, I sure am.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

RoV can still "be it" when doing a mobile or condensed single player version.

Even though we know the outcome of the event now, there was a LOT of "happenstance" following the announcement of the event to not have it be in fans minds that something was coming. From a very popular streamer (Ninja was it?) randomly streaming FFXI again, to the Refriender concept, advertising of the event, and the auxiliary stuff like the morbol site and the subligar merch, something was expected and fell short. Part of that is SE's fault, because I kind of feel like they intentionally led people on here in a low-key way.

I know i'm not alone in willing to buy XI again (offline or otherwise) in a mobile form for 30-40 bucks without subscription costs. I didn't experience the full SoA story, and didn't return for RoV, but the game was enthralling enough to me to return to Vana'diel for a slightly inflated price because I know I will enjoy the experience with proper coding behind it. My life just isn't allowing for a monthly fee and constant playtime in this format for what the current title is.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Nothing about this wave of disappointment is on them. Campaigns to bring back old players are not new, Ninja is not an employee, and the "Fanfest" wasn't theirs

I was bamboozled by the news as well, but that's on me for not taking 30 seconds to clarify who was hosting it

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

My point is there was a load of related events happening within the same window of the event itself. Ninja isn't an employee, but could have very easily been offered some incentive to stream XI. Fanfest wasn't SE's, but they went through an awful lot of effort as the company that owns it considering the current state of the game. On top of that, the return campaign's timing was a pretty big coincidence.

Because SE didn't own the event, they had every reason to pipe up and say "Whoa now, we don't have any plans to announce anything. Just enjoy the event." without harming their interest in it, but didn't. They low-key rode ~2 weeks of free press, which is not a bad thing at all. But without them having a vested interest in the event, they could have cleared the air, still rode the free press and circumstance, and noone would have gotten fussy. For that, I do put it on them.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

He was not streaming retail FFXI though lol

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Well they were pushing that refriender shit really hard all over social media.
    The same refriender list that forgot to let me login and forced me to make a new account with the exact same address but couldn't figure out I was the same person? Whomever did the code on that should be fired for making such garbage.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    My point is there was a load of related events happening within the same window of the event itself. Ninja isn't an employee, but could have very easily been offered some incentive to stream XI. Fanfest wasn't SE's, but they went through an awful lot of effort as the company that owns it considering the current state of the game. On top of that, the return campaign's timing was a pretty big coincidence.

Because SE didn't own the event, they had every reason to pipe up and say "Whoa now, we don't have any plans to announce anything. Just enjoy the event." without harming their interest in it, but didn't. They low-key rode ~2 weeks of free press, which is not a bad thing at all. But without them having a vested interest in the event, they could have cleared the air, still rode the free press and circumstance, and noone would have gotten fussy. For that, I do put it on them.
    So you're upset because of a timing coincidence, because Ninja may have been offered some sort of incentive to stream their game(your only basis for this belief is, again, coincidental timing), and because they didn't take the time to tell fans not to get excited about someone else's event

I don't know what to say other than lmao

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Don't know why people bring up that kid streaming. There is no way in hell SE would pay someone like him to play a PRIVATE server. If it was the official servers then it could be some kind of PR stunt, but hes playing the lamest of servers that is filled with bugs.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    filled with bugs

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Isnt Nasomi base+rotz? It wont have those bugs

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

if you watched his stream, he actually bashed the retail version of the game several times so there's no chance that he was paid or affiliated with SE at all while streaming a private server.

it's a bummer overall to kinda watch ffxi fizzle out like this but it is what it is

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Well maybe someday somebody can make a real and good private server where they never killed monstrosity and everything is super fun!

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    if you watched his stream, he actually bashed the retail version of the game several times so there's no chance that he was paid or affiliated with SE at all while streaming a private server.

it's a bummer overall to kinda watch ffxi fizzle out like this but it is what it is
    FFXI has been "fizzling out" for almost a decade now...

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

what is dead may never die

Yeah, unless some random streamer is sitting with a dev or something while streaming, I don't know why anyone would ever give some rando weight in a sort of "what's to come" scenario. It's more or less the VG equivalent of a reaction video, otherwise.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    FFXI has been "fizzling out" for almost a decade now...
    it's a slow kinda fizzle ya know?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

FFXI was "dying" before Abyssea, then Abyssea came out with the level cap increases and WAM so many people resubbed when they saw new spells, AF, job abilities, wepaon skills, etc. Sure it was hit or miss for lots of people, but to be honest, Abyssea was a good re-balancing of sorts as it made most jobs pretty viable to a degree. Despite people picking preferred jobs for procs, almost every job was a superb DPS/Healer/Nuker, and it wasn't till VW came out that people had to leave Abyssea and be shocked back into reality that no, their THF or MNK can't really be viable tanks, and DRG and BLU are once again meh DPS jobs.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

XI was confirmed dead when SE banned all of “the top best players” in 2009.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag