Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

If you mean in current XI, they sort of already do. Rather than thinking of them as characters, they're more like Job+Gambit, because there's about a dozen healers, but some heal above certain HP%, some throw on Regens and use Cures only when below 30%, some use Haste/Refresh, and others remove status ailments, etc. If they released Gambits, it would obviate the need for most Trusts. Like I remember Ferrous Coffin uses Cure VI and Raise III and Haste, but had no way to resore MP. Apururu has Convert and Martyr, Cherukiki used Regens but no Convert, Mihli Aliapoh has Aflatus Solace's Cureskins but no Haste, etc

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lrak Sevenspears
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah that’s what I meant, I know they sort of already do but if you could customise it yourself to be more specific it would be good. Oh well

Gambit system would've actually made more than 6 trusts actually usable, can't have that

Imagine if Qultada actually gave the rolls you wanted, and you could turn off his burning blade... oh so broken *eyeroll*

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

What you're not thrilled about them weapon skilling freely while you're in the middle of your 6 step? This is why I prefer to just have 6 characters of my own rather use any kind of trust. I can program that character to act how I want, yay $12.95 trust.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

At the very least allow us a Trust menu to toggle spells/weapon skills on/off. But then again, they might just be like "At that point, just play with other people"

Campaign
    BG Level

I'd be happy enough with just being able to turn on/off weaponskills, even as a general command! I'm not talking about an individual one to be used on each specific trust. When you're solo and you want to multistep it's a real pain to have trusts around sadly.

AND GIVE US BACK CORNELIA GDI

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I'd be happy enough with just being able to turn on/off weaponskills, even as a general command! I'm not talking about an individual one to be used on each specific trust. When you're solo and you want to multistep it's a real pain to have trusts around sadly.

AND GIVE US BACK CORNELIA GDI
    sad that the best trust was the one that did nothing!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

What's odd is that you can turn off some weapon skills for your signal pearl fellow, but not Trust. God I hated leveling that fucking fellow...although he was clutch back in the 75 cap era for skilling up while solo, or for breaking latents on mythic/WSNM weaponskills/Magian. Also thank fucking God the magian shit is over. Looking back I can't believe the shit we had to do to get some of those weapons, I'm looking at you OAT Lance.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Also thank fucking God the magian shit is over. Looking back I can't believe the shit we had to do to get some of those weapons, I'm looking at you OAT Lance.
    Aside from the trials for REM weapons that we still need to do anyway... offhanding the 1000 TP bonus weapons is becoming a thing for a handful of jobs. So, less over than it might seem.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Dev Tracker: Discussion II

How about the OG relic trials?

Defeat target enemy with relic weapon skill

Spoiler: show
    2 5 0 0 t i m e s

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    How about the OG relic trials?
    You still have to do them but with how OP you are at 119 it’s not as bothersome as it once was.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Dev Tracker: Discussion II

Not 2500 times you dont

when i said OG, i meant O G

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I finished Spharai trials just a couple weeks before they nerfed the kill shots to shit.

Still bitter

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I finished Spharai trials just a couple weeks before they nerfed the kill shots to shit.

Still bitter

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

That shit was a MASSIVE ordeal. Presume 1 kill every 45 seconds for 1500+1500+2000 times = 62.5 hours. I was wrong with the 2500 before, it was worse lmao. Also, 45 may be a high estimate, but considering theres a 5% chance your WS would whiff, I think it balances out.

And then there were some total dogshit weapon / enemy choices that SE put together:
    Get Vidohunir / Leaden Salute (both dark ele attack) killshots on undead, who for the most part, completely resist dark element attacks.

BG Level

i'm really, really glad i missed that shit.

I still enjoyed the concept of the Magian system even if a lot of the objectives were dumb. Basically, anything that gives players something to do for meaningful progress without always having to rely on others is A-OK in my book.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I still enjoyed the concept of the Magian system even if a lot of the objectives were dumb. Basically, anything that gives players something to do for meaningful progress without always having to rely on others is A-OK in my book.
    The thing which sucks is they could have totally done more with it but other then doing an Emperyan, it's fucking worthless now. I know a ton of BLMs, SMNs, and other mage jobs who worked for weeks on multiple staves only to have them all made into shit once Item Level became a thing.

I wouldn't mind new trials for Item level gear since you can do them at your own pace.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Viewpoint View Post
    The thing which sucks is they could have totally done more with it but other then doing an Emperyan, it's fucking worthless now. I know a ton of BLMs, SMNs, and other mage jobs who worked for weeks on multiple staves only to have them all made into shit once Item Level became a thing.

I wouldn't mind new trials for Item level gear since you can do them at your own pace.
    I agree on this. I've never been bitter when updates happened and made gear you worked long and hard for mean nothing. As SNK knows I kind of just do my own thing so more content where I can get above average gear on my own would be nice. I'm not a recluse or anything, I just can't be bothered with group content most of the time because someone is going to be a dick or an idiot and that's not I'm going to spend my free time on. I'd also put some blame on myself because I've only put effort into Thief so I'm not really attractive for group content anyways.

Staves were a tricky situation since I kinda thought having to carry 8 or whatever, situation depending, was pushing the limit. On one hand, yeah, it can suck seeing all that work amount fizzle once a sufficiently strong enough ilvl weapon came around, but I wouldn't have really been for just making the magian staves ilvl, either. On one end, it'd just perpetuate the inventory drain. On the other, if you could combine in them some manner, what would be the criteria? There were a lot of variants, some of which I'm sure never even got made by players, while newcomers/returnees finding out they'd have to grind through all that old shit and then new reqs to make a passable modern weapon would also be justified to complain without a shortcut version.

Obviously, the staff problem had its origin with the elemental staves, where by the time we got the combined version, it was pretty much too late in the game's life and it still wound up being inferior in some ways. I could bark that this situation and mages in general were among some of SE's greater past balance blunders, but that's predicated largely on me thinking TP should've mattered for casters, too. Only stuff like Occult Accumen came way, way, way too late, but by then you can pretty much say the players were set in their ways. Then again, I wanted melee RDM to be better than it was, so grain of salt, etc..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag