BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Feb. Login Campaign up.
    Dynamis Beau/Xarc kupons for 100pts.
    Lilisette Statue.

JP1) Rejection on technical basis for a requested furnishing that would allow replay of cutscenes in Mog House. It is apparently impossible to do so, not just difficult.

JP2) Mithril sand grinder thingy in Palborough Mines remembers data if you log out in the zone, but forgets if you leave the zone, including Warp or Escape.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

FYI there will be a freshly picked broadcast tomorrow morning at 6AM eastern. Should include a couple sneak peeks of relic head items like they have done in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Ah yeah that 1 merit per hour goodness
    Takes me back to people getting butthurt about Campaign EXPing because getting 1k EXP every 10m singing songs meant no one would know how to play their jobs. Or Astralburns. Or Abyssea. Nevermind actual difficult content being leagues different than staying in one place poking crabs/crawlers/beetles/birds.

Among contributing factors why I've taken the stance that multiplayer activities should be done because they're fun and not because they're expected/mandatory.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz View Post
    FYI there will be a freshly picked broadcast tomorrow morning at 6AM eastern. Should include a couple sneak peeks of relic head items like they have done in the past.
    Mentioned that earlier.
    Also that 6am sucks and I am not going to guarantee being awake for it. >_>

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

AR petasos + 3 [head] allergy prevention 115 HP+56 MP+52 STR +24 DEX + 24 VIT + 24 AGI + 24 INT + 34 MND + 29 CHR +29 Hit +37 Magic + 43 鄺攵 +55 Avoidance + 56 Evasion +95 Magical +7 Spirit Magical Skill + 21 Heist 6% Hostile-7 Ancient Magical Damage Up Lv 99 ~ Black <ItemLevel: 119>

AR bay +3 [head] all-purpose prevention 120 HP +56 STR + 31 DEX +29 VIT + 22 AGI + 37 INT + 25 MND + 31 CHR + 26 flight +37 +62 magic + 37 evasion + 64 evil avoidance +73 Magical + 4 Hast + 8% Enemy 0 - 8 Rapid Shot + 14 Recycle + 38 Recycling Exciting Up Lv 99 ~ Hunt <Item Level 119>

Google translations. I'll do a better job when I get to work if no-one beats me to it.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Bored at work myself.

AR Petasos +3
    DEF115, HP+56, MP+52, STR+24, DEX+24, VIT+24, AGI+24, INT+34, MND+29, CHR+29
    ACC+37, MACC+43, MATK+55, EVA+56, MEVA+95, MDEF+7, Elemental Magic Skill+21, Haste+6%, Enmity-7
    Ancient Magic II Damage Up

AR Beret+3
    DEF120, HP+56, STR+31, DEX+29, VIT+22, AGI+37, INT+25, MND+31, CHR+26, RACC+37, RATK+62, MACC+37, EVA+64, MEVA+73, MDEF+4, Haste+8%, Enmity-8, Rapid Shot+14, Recycle+38
    Recycle Effect Up

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Remember when they said "No Bahamut, he's too big"? Riding Omega though... that's fine.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    Remember when they said "No Bahamut, he's too big"? Riding Omega though... that's fine.
    Bahamut would be too big still. Even if it was scaled down as small as possible, it would be too tall to go thru tunnels. >_> Wideness on the other hand would just look odd with bizarre clipping, but that's still better than trying to stick player's heads beyond the boundaries of terrain objects.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

So sticking players heads through walls is bad, but sticking omegas legs through walls is ok?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    So sticking players heads through walls is bad, but sticking omegas legs through walls is ok?
    Sticking Omega's legs thru walls would not directly affect a player's POV. Being able to poke our heads thru ceilings could potentially be viewed as an exploit since we'd be seeing Things That Should Not be Seen. @_@

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

1-You can already do that
    2-That would imply they are incapable of adjusting the first person camera
    3-Who plays this shit in first person?!?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    1-You can already do that
    2-That would imply they are incapable of adjusting the first person camera
    3-Who plays this shit in first person?!?
    1) I can't think of any ceilings we can poke our model thru. So no we can't do that. In previous cases where we could move our model "outside", we got stuck there. Like in the water in Selbina/Mhaura/Jeuno... Going beyond the ceiling could be worse though since beyond that is Undefined Space. Any current peeking "outside" requires jiggling the camera while at certain positions and angles, so unlikely to be judged as a possible advantage. Being able to do it on demand could be enough to irritate the devs to action.
    2) It would affect 3rd person view/camera as well. Do you really want to risk getting your camera and/or character stuck outside of the world?
    3) If it "can" be done, then it has to be accounted for by the devs. Wouldn't be a 1st person only issue though.
    4) I honestly think the real reason is that the devs think it would look too ridiculous to have mini-Bahamuts running around and it would dishonor the character.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I use first person view quite often, as it's often more precise for character movement, such as when you need to rotate a moderate amount in battle.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    1) I can't think of any ceilings we can poke our model thru. So no we can't do that. In previous cases where we could move our model "outside", we got stuck there. Like in the water in Selbina/Mhaura/Jeuno... Going beyond the ceiling could be worse though since beyond that is Undefined Space. Any current peeking "outside" requires jiggling the camera while at certain positions and angles, so unlikely to be judged as a possible advantage. Being able to do it on demand could be enough to irritate the devs to action.
    2) It would affect 3rd person view/camera as well. Do you really want to risk getting your camera and/or character stuck outside of the world?
    3) If it "can" be done, then it has to be accounted for by the devs. Wouldn't be a 1st person only issue though.
    4) I honestly think the real reason is that the devs think it would look too ridiculous to have mini-Bahamuts running around and it would dishonor the character.
    You're acting like 99% of players aren't fleehacking and clipping around all the ceilings and floors they want already with SE doing absolutely nothing

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'll roll with Nyarlko's last point as probably their strongest committment- to not dishonour Bahamut by shrinking him. Bahamut has held such a noble place in all FF titles, going back to at least FF4 in my book (true king of the summoned beasts on the moon, put Leviathan in his place!), and I really don't think they want to imply he's "tamable" by riding him.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by jacobs67 View Post
    You're acting like 99% of players aren't fleehacking and clipping around all the ceilings and floors they want already with SE doing absolutely nothing
    Of course I am since no where near that is doing so. Just because you cheat does not make a cheater of everyone else.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

SE didn't always do nothing. There was a time last year, or maybe a little sooner, where people were being swatted like flies. I'm only guessing its because there was something wrong in the code of the programs people were using but it seems to have been forgotten. It will probably happen again at some point but I see people getting away with it now.

For Bahamut, i was hoping SE would do something like Meteor where you put 3~6 SMNs together for a huge mega flare with 1hr. That would be really cool to see but probably not useful lol.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    SE didn't always do nothing. There was a time last year, or maybe a little sooner, where people were being swatted like flies. I'm only guessing its because there was something wrong in the code of the programs people were using but it seems to have been forgotten. It will probably happen again at some point but I see people getting away with it now.

For Bahamut, i was hoping SE would do something like Meteor where you put 3~6 SMNs together for a huge mega flare with 1hr. That would be really cool to see but probably not useful lol.
    They definitely were 3 years ago, RIP sweet prince, RIP.
    I honestly think it's still the old zone timers. If you zone into say.... Konschtat highlands, from the survival guide, @the dunes zone line, then Teleport to the gusgen mines zone instantly and try to enter, you will get an error message and spit back out into Konschtat. "Supposedly" that was implemented back in the 75 cap days to prevent pos-hacking. It's on a lot of the zones, but wasn't on adoulin zones when It launched. I fully feel it flags accounts, then the 1 or 2 GM's still monitoring players simply observe your character at some point when they get to it on their list and it's a crap shoot if your speed hacking/ pos hacking/ when they're observing you.

Campaign
    BG Level

Did they add the 5th and last category for Vanaversary? To get the last letter for Omega?
    Because... I'm not seeing anything in-game, yet they showed the Omega mount. Am I missing something or is the mount meant for next patch?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag