Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    What the actual fuck. Seriously. Retroactively adding shit to dienamis? Can't wait for a set bonus to suddenly become a good idea too.

it's -time- for ilvl to jump if they're just going to keep adding more and more and more and more and more stronger shit and continuing to call it 119
    Not retroactive, they are adding the weapon materials to the new DD zones not yet released.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalrik21 View Post
    If they were going to jump ilvl it should have been when Aeonics/269 weapons were added, not at this point in the game. Pretty sure we are going to be stuck with 119 everything but just with increasing stats. Unless they are going to add an other form of REMA weapons, which I highly doubt.
    They should have done it for the first batch of higher skill 119 weapons, when they went from skill+224 > skill+242. +269 REMAs should be further above that. Armor stat vomit made similar increases at the same time, but armor doesn't have a simple marker to look for like skill+#, which can be confusing at times. And you are right to doubt ilvl being raised at this point, given that the devs seem to be openly adamant about being against doing so.

Campaign
    BG Level

Raising ilevel, while possible, would raise other issues with stuff that scales according to the average ilevel of players, and things like that.
    Can be fixed of course, but that plus all of the rest sounds like an excessive amount of work that could've been done if they planned for it 1 year ago, but starting now... meh, don't see it happening honestly.
    Think it's beyond their resources imo.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    They should have done it for the first batch of higher skill 119 weapons, when they went from skill+224 > skill+242. +269 REMAs should be further above that. Armor stat vomit made similar increases at the same time, but armor doesn't have a simple marker to look for like skill+#, which can be confusing at times. And you are right to doubt ilvl being raised at this point, given that the devs seem to be openly adamant about being against doing so.
    The majority of 119 weapons even when ilvl was first introduced were already 242, with only a select few being less.

Making Aeonics and fully upgraded REMAs 121 would have been be a neat endpoint to the system, as level 121 weapons with full 119 armor would make your average ilvl 120 (with a corresponding minor boost to trusts), but perhaps they had a legitimate reason not to, such as trust stats being capped at 119, and them lacking the manpower to make changing it worth it.

Not retroactive, they are adding the weapon materials to the new DD zones not yet released.
    You know damn well they can't add mats to one zone without adding something to every zone. Or only the new zone will be over used.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Would it be difficult for the programmers to just adjust ilevels from 119 to whatever the item level should be? There are clearly big differences between i119 pieces at the moment.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    You know damn well they can't add mats to one zone without adding something to every zone. Or only the new zone will be over used.
    I know damn well that they said the new mats would be from the zone(s) not yet implemented. You seem to think they actually understand how to balance content to avoid player congestion. /laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    Would it be difficult for the programmers to just adjust ilevels from 119 to whatever the item level should be? There are clearly big differences between i119 pieces at the moment.
    If Ilvl was raised to match the gear stats, then even just obvious impact would be that BST/DRG pet levels would go up (I think DRG is affected by mainhand weapon too,) and heaven forbid that happen. Might allow BST to catch up to standard melees! >.>;; Oddly enough, PUP/SMN pets don't care about your ilvl, so they'd both be indirectly nerfed by omission unless actual stats were changed on specific items. It would also be a manual adjustment, so someone on the dev team would have to go thru item by item and change the ilvl value.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

While some bst pets would go up not all would (or even do currently). For example NQ rabbit only goes to 118, NQ crab can only go to 119, NQ chapuli can only go to 120, Lizard can only go to 119 and then a bunch of old pets that still had some utility would fall further behind. And that's assuming relic hands + full BA merits if you didn't merit that fully for some weird reason or gear swapping messed up could really mess with a bunch more pets that would've otherwise been fine.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    While some bst pets would go up not all would (or even do currently). For example NQ rabbit only goes to 118, NQ crab can only go to 119, NQ chapuli can only go to 120, Lizard can only go to 119 and then a bunch of old pets that still had some utility would fall further behind. And that's assuming relic hands + full BA merits if you didn't merit that fully for some weird reason or gear swapping messed up could really mess with a bunch more pets that would've otherwise been fine.
    HAH Like BST has any choice when it comes to merits. No other job has as much of their performance dependent on annoying-to-acquire non-ilvl gear which gets used every 10sec of combat, or to jump thru any of the other hoops we do to reach baseline performance. Which pets would go up, and even by how much they'd go up, is far less important than the bitchstorm BSTs would have to weather (again) if ilvl120+ actually happened. ~_~;; Just look what happened the last time the devs got annoyed at the fuss about BST. I don't want to have my Ready range reduced to 2y next time. /endrant

NQs don't really matter except for the NPC jugs that don't have HQ versions. Most of the naturally ilvl HQ jugs naturally cap @119 currently, which would get bumped up to whatever ilvl they bump up REMAs the same day it got implemented, while PUP/SMN would need to pray that current a controller/sachet had their stats actually changed rather than just get an ilvl bump, or look forward to some overly difficult method to acquire brand new ones to catch up to BST since we're talking about SE.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You guys forget that Dynamis also had JSE accessories.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    You guys forget that Dynamis also had JSE accessories.
    Normal Dynamis did not. Those didn't show up til CoP/Dreamlands zones were added. Divergence is following the original's city route so far, so don't see any reason for accessories to show up until possibly after Jeuno.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Normal Dynamis did not. Those didn't show up til CoP/Dreamlands zones were added. Divergence is following the original's city route so far, so don't see any reason for accessories to show up until possibly after Jeuno.
    All I'm saying is that it wouldn't be out of the expected to see accessories come into play, especially since we got accessories with Omen NMs.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    All I'm saying is that it wouldn't be out of the expected to see accessories come into play, especially since we got accessories with Omen NMs.
    I think we should be more worried about the new weapons which may never get made due to the requirement of a completed escutcheon to synth them. And on the servers that do have the correct shields done already, expecting 20mil+ for NQ.. Just because they can. >.>;;

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1) This past year, they did long runs of which armor set was available in Ambuscade, but starting from this April they plan to swap tokens/vouchers each month.

Campaign
    BG Level

If they go on with their plan of 6 zones (which is not necessarily how things will come to be) then Jeuno could be Legs, Beauc bodies and Xarc a mixture of all the previous zones plus accessories and megabosses.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    If they go on with their plan of 6 zones (which is not necessarily how things will come to be) then Jeuno could be Legs, Beauc bodies and Xarc a mixture of all the previous zones plus accessories and megabosses.
    3 cities + Jeuno were datamined originally. Haven't heard of anything beyond that added yet, so don't even know for sure that it will continue beyond Jeuno atm. I honestly don't see accessories happening though.. Maybe a boss drop, but nowhere near as common as Dreamlands junk. Sounds to me like the weapons materials are going to be dropping in Jeuno, plus the new NM-onry loot, and I don't think they are actually dumb enough to dilute the loot pool any further than that in such a small zone. We'll probably find out in late March / early April, when they do the next FP. Should hopefully be a big one too, since it's the start of the new dev year.

I really doubt new weapon mats are going to be added to jueno, without adding them to sandy windy and lasty.

Would not be surprised at all if the mats line up with relic weapon drops to respective cities, I basically guarantee if mats get added to one they get added to all.

As far as accessories... Big No. Inventory is already bad enough fuck adding 22 more capes/belts

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1) OK. Totally unclear on this one tbh... It's about the BLU/TA "bug fix" in this month's update, and I think it says that gifts work on it now... Assuming I'm getting tenses correct, which I may not have. :/ Next poster makes it sound like it was actually a nerf, compares this to the GEO "Bug Fix", and is worried that the devs may start framing/hiding job balance adjustments as mere bug fixes.

本修正では、
    青魔道士のギフト「ジョブ特性効果

Old Merits
    BG Level

First poster asks for confirmation on what they're changing and would be content if they stated that they lowered or raised its effect.

What Salalaruru answers is that they fixed the bug of BLU's gift having an effect on Triple Attack. Next poster justs asks for confirmation on whether this means that it will no longer raise the value and roughly says what you implied.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Thanks for the backup Petitssk. ^^

New devpost:
    JP1) Weekly devpost summary. Nothing new, but some clarification/confirmation:

*Ambuscade armor: Current schedule is from October-March, so armor sets will start alternating in April.
    Note: This indicates that there is little-no chance of new armor being added this year.

*BLU/TA issue:
    Quote Originally Posted by GTrans
    Fixed a bug that Blue Mage gift "job characteristics effect up" is enabled in the "triple attack".
    So it was active, when it was not supposed to be, and is not active any longer.

Campaign
    BG Level

Uhm, I feel pretty dumb right now but I still don't get what you guys are talking about.
    So what really was this "fix" all about?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag