Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

BLU gifts were bumping up TA's potency when it shouldn't have been. Presumably it's now 5% across the board

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Or it's like 3% now considering blu's DA is 7% not 10 lol.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

BLU TA numbers were determined pre-gifts, and never changed after the fact. It should be 5%

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

As I recall, it was explicitly stated by SE that BLU's TA trait is 5% in the same post that informed us that our DA trait was only 7% (before that it was just assumed to be 10%).

I'm guessing it was being bumped up to 6% via the glitch.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I honestly don't see accessories happening though..
    I totally see them happening instead, but I don't think it will be JSE ones like Dreamland ones.
    They do need a 6th item to make set bonus with the reforged relic, similar to what they did with Regal accessories and reforged AF, no?
    So yeah, I think we gonna get something.

Edit:
    SE decided to prove me wrong!

March brings along with it Dynamis – Jeuno (D), the latest and final entry in the new Dynamis – Divergence series!
    /shrugs

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I totally see them happening instead, but I don't think it will be JSE ones like Dreamland ones.
    They do need a 6th item to make set bonus with the reforged relic, similar to what they did with Regal accessories and reforged AF, no?
    So yeah, I think we gonna get something.
    What makes you think there will be a new set bonus? The augments already take up that spot in the item data, so the armor itself can't have one. Which would mean your proposed accessories would be the only piece of the "set", and that doesn't make much sense design-wise. You're basically asking for a ring that has acc+15~acc+75, and I absolutely do not see them doing that. The set bonus on AF+2/+3 could be said to be there to compensate for not having augments. AF had nothing, relic had augments, empy had set bonus. They just added the set bonus to AF to bring it up to par w/ the other two.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

I'm a little shocked that they are passing on the opportunity to Divergence Xarcabard with a nuts Shadow Lord reincarnation. Maybe it's a little early to speculate, but could Beaucedine and Xarcabard come under a new event title? And I am curious how they are going to fit in 2 whole slots in Jeuno as well lol.

Campaign
    BG Level

They could add Legs to jeuno and then a new mat or something that can drop in any of the 4 zones and to be eligible to reforge bodies you need those mats and midboss kill in each of the 4 zones?
    No clue, just throwing random ideas.

Sounds pretty strange to me as well.
    On one hand I'm sad they're appearently missing the chance for Xarc_Divergence but on the other hand I'm kinda glad we're not getting Beauc_Divergence though...

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

I could see them cramming in both Legs and Body in Jeuno using that tier system they created after boss kills, higher tiers being able to drop shards for either slots etc. Maybe NQ mats from NQ mobs, second tier dropping HQ mats and Legs, then last tier dropping HQ mats and Body shard.

They could also add something entirely new! Who knows, but it has been quite fun speculating about these zones. It's a shame it is ending at Jeuno. Although now I think about it, I think am I with you on the Beaucedine notion... that place was far too big. Can you imagine that place as Divergence? Maybe it was for the best xD.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Interesting. I was kinda hoping for a 5th zone, but this doesn't surprise me given the release schedule, and the communities dislike of Beau lol.

I honestly care much more about how they are addressing the Escutcheon botting issue..

Other additions include more items being available for dissolution into spheres for the Escutcheon questline..
    OOOOoooh I hope they went w/ my idea and added Abyssea items to the list. lol That would provide plenty enough material that there should be barely any mob competition at all even on Asura. Not that I expect them to be paying attention to me, just fingers crossed for parallel reasoning. XD

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    and the communities dislike of Beau lol.
    Talking just about myself here, but personally it's not that I dislike Beauc. It's just that it's a mess to navigate. The thought of having an ilevel Divergence Beauc isn't particularly inviting.
    If we were talking about a real re-work of the zone with added teleports then maybe sure, but like it is... please no!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Talking just about myself here, but personally it's not that I dislike Beauc. It's just that it's a mess to navigate. The thought of having an ilevel Divergence Beauc isn't particularly inviting.
    If we were talking about a real re-work of the zone with added teleports then maybe sure, but like it is... please no!
    Honestly, with the way that they can dictate player pathing with statue spawn patterns, I don't think it would really be all that bad. Looks like it's a moot point now either way.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I really hope Jueno is not going to be a mess with too many upgrade items.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Feel like I should hold off a bit, but meh.. New devpost:

JP1) About the login campaign items. Apparently it is difficult to add any more chairs. Leaf Bench will be available in May from the anniversary event. They will consider adding "Pungent Powder II" for login purchase (which is amusingly and confusingly called "Baby Powder II"/「ベビーパウダーII」in the Japanese client.) They are also considering bringing back Abyssea NM items.

They would never add the abyssea (r) items as sphere items, that would be FAR to easy. Shields would lose all value in less than one day.

I know this, because that would make me actually finish a shield, and if it's an idea that works for me, I know its fucking -never- going to happen. Too much logic.

May as well make it Fire clusters at that point. Or relic armor drops.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    They would never add the abyssea (r) items as sphere items, that would be FAR to easy. Shields would lose all value in less than one day.

I know this, because that would make me actually finish a shield, and if it's an idea that works for me, I know its fucking -never- going to happen. Too much logic.

May as well make it Fire clusters at that point. Or relic armor drops.
    They would not lose value. They would lose cost. Which would make them more attractive to make and gain value. XD

We haven't been told yet how many items are being added to the list. It's actually possible that it will be a very small handful, just enough to specifically address the lack of sources for specific sphere elements. I'm hoping that they went for a true systemic fix rather than a small stopgap balance fix like that though since they have acknowledged that there have been a lot of complaints about this process (and those automating the process.)

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

March Campaign notice is up.

Assault - Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey Mysterious Item Campaign
    Vagary Campaign
    Voidwatch Campaign
    Abjuration Dial Campaign
    Monster Rearing Campaign
    Hyper Chocobo Digging Campaign

You seem to not understand simple economics.

Raise the availability/lower the cost > more have > value lost.

If it costs less, its worth less. Can't get any simpler than that.

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    You seem to not understand simple economics.

Raise the availability/lower the cost > more have > value lost.

If it costs less, its worth less. Can't get any simpler than that.
    Your description of economics makes me cringe. I think it is evident that you do not understand simple economics, and need to stop.

Edit: To clarify, cost, value, and worth are three very different things. Something can have a very high value, and a low cost-- or vice versa.

To the first point, since we're talking about shield's we're not talking about something you can sell, but the infrastructure to generate wealth. If a shield can make me, say, 2B gil over the course of a month, if it costs me 2.5B to make then it takes me more than a month to recoup my investment; it's plausible that there are better sources of income. If it costs me 500M to make, then I make my gil back in a week. Even if the profitability falls to 1.5B, I quickly recoup my investment, and am able to easily cap gil before I could have with the 2B shield. The value of the shield is relatively independent of the cost, since we're talking what I can get out of it, not what I can resell the item for specifically.

Worth is also independent of cost. Cost is an objective fact-- it costs this much or that much. There is some variability in that, particularly with shields where there are several paths to completion, but it's a relatively known quantity. But I could place a higher worth on the completed item than the cost of it; Walmart essentially succeeds because of this. In fact, generally speaking, capitalism is about the idea that you purchase items because they are worth more to you than their cost. And, at times, the cost going down can actually increase the worth. It increases demand, or places it into a new market, and while the theoretical worth has gone down, the practical worth goes up, because more people are actually valuing it at all. Especially when you are discussing that isn't valuable in its own right, but because of the wealth it can produce, cost-to-worth is enormously variable based on the individual and evolving circumstances.

Value worth and cost are identical. You can debate it all you want.

If I have something valued at a billion dollars, and you get one, it's not worth a billion dollars to me anymore. Period. The simple fact that you got one made it lose its value. And I would never buy a second one for the same billion, so it lost its cost too. You can't pay the people that made it the same price if I won't buy it anymore.

Point is if you make the shields -that- easy to get (it cant possibly get easier than making spheres from abyssea drops, short of giving it to you for free) every one will have it and its absolutely worthless.

And all you did was make it cost less. (regardless whether you buy spheres or not)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag