Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The basic premise of economics is that you buy things that cost less than they are worth to you. That is the foundational principle of economic exchange. It must be more appealing to me to exchange what I have for what I want than keeping what I have. Worth and Cost are in competition with each other, they are very much not the same. Value is generally seen as the difference between worth and cost: if something is worth $10,000 for me, and I paid $5000, then I have had a transactional value of +$5,000. If something is worth $2,000 to me, but I paid $5,000, then I have had a negative value of $3000 on the exchange (which, generally speaking, rational people will not do, but desperate people sometimes will).

They are not the same.

Worth can remain constant, while cost goes down, increasing value. Cost can even go down, while worth goes up, increasing value. Cost can go up while worth remains constant, decreasing value. Worth can go down while cost remains static, decreasing value.

They are not only not identical, their movements in economic scale aren't even inherently correlated (well, value is to the relationship between the two, but cost and worth are very much independent of each other).

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Are they seriously doing Voidwatch again? I still have items from last time I need to sell...

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1) Q/A about storage slips. Maximum number of items that can be held per slip is 192. Slip 11 is already maxed out, slip 19 has room for 1x more item. lol
    Slips can not be changed to be Job Specific since stored item nature (augments, +#, etc) has to be the same per slip.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devposts:

JP1) Weekly devpost summary. There's some sort of joke about chanting "The next version upgrade is mid March." >_> lol Only new part detailed below.

JP2) Request to remove the cumulative magic resistance system. Denied. They believe that it's required for game/job balance, and as existing content is all balanced around it existing, removing it would take considerably more work than may be expected (since they'd have to adjust the entire game basically.)

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    JP2) Request to remove the cumulative magic resistance system. Denied. They believe that it's required for game/job balance, and as existing content is all balanced around it existing, removing it would take considerably more work than may be expected (since they'd have to adjust the entire game basically.)
    Thats unfortunate. They want to push large group content, but have restrictions in place limiting large group content.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Yeah honestly even with a single nuker the magic wall gets hit fast, in an alliance you should only have 2 or 3 of your top DPS nukers because anyone else is going to severely nerf your damage and Rayke only lasts so long. You get punished for letting weaker geared nukers or jobs where nuking isn't their primary function (RDM, etc.) nuke at all, lowering the diversity/fun. It also makes skillchains with magic weaponskills a problem, because that nerfs the magic burst as well

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Those points are basically the same as what the poster talked about. I think that, balance issues or not, the work/man-hours required to adjust every single piece of content in the game to compensate for removing the diminishing returns is the primary reason for the denial. The dev team is just too small at this point to even consider changes on the scale this would require.

@jacobs67: Are you saying that all sources of magic damage count towards the same reduction value? Aren't they separated out into types? IE: Use Burning Blade > cast Fire V = reduced damage for Fire V or only further fire based ws? It doesn't make any sense for the WS involved in the creation of a skillchain to reduce magic burst damage to me. :/

When using small numbers of nukers on L4 SC, you can reduce the impact by using diff elements sometimes... Assuming that the target isn't strong to everything but a single element. :/ Barely seems to matter these days since a lot of newer content has insane anti-magic stats which makes it not worthwhile to focus on nuking strategies.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

It's the same wall for all elements, IE: spamming wind nukes or whatever before darkness + death mbs will still fuck it up.

Idk if elemental WS effect the wall or vice versa.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

All forms of magic damage cause the magic wall to kick in. Very easy to tell in dynamis since everything is an NM. Leaden Salute skillchains will kill magic burst damage. Even one is enough to trigger it. For example a COR uses Leaden Salute on a statue but doesn't quite finish it off, I nuke it right after to kill it and I do less damage every time. It's not reliant on elements or type of damage, just high magical damage from any source will trigger it

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

It definitely doesn't have to be high damage, even t1s from badly geared players will neuter everyones magic damage.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

High damage will make the reduction cap though. After a leaden I usually get the maximum reduction (60%?), can't say the same about a t1 nuke. If everyone's spamming nukes then yeah, it adds up (it's cumulative damage resistance, after all)

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

NA1/JP1) POL Frontpage - Update details notice is up. JP version is worded a bit differently in couple spots, so don't spaz about anything just yet. lol Does sound like the Escutcheon adjustment is not nearly as large as I was hoping for in either version tho. NA implies increased yield, JP implies increased sources. Correction: It sounds different than what I was hoping for. Actual impact on shield construction should be significantly more than I hoped for if yield goes up.

JP2) Escutcheon related. Complaint about Ancient Papyrus being used for Vanaversary objective increasing competition too high. Sounds like there will be more sources in different zones for the same element sphere introduced in the March update.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The US page didn't say anything about the materials for new craftable weapons; did the JP page mention them?

Eww lag doubled.

Does sound like the Escutcheon adjustment is not nearly as large as I was hoping for in either version tho.
    Duh. Told you why last page.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    The US page didn't say anything about the materials for new craftable weapons; did the JP page mention them?
    Nope. Didn't really need to either since JPside players were already told directly about them. :/ However, given how it was worded earlier, and nothing contrary since then, it's a good bet that the mats will be Jeuno[D] exclusive. They're probably expecting to keep ppl going to the other cities with the body system.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    Duh. Told you why last page.
    Naw, you still don't understand economics terms. :3

They went with the stopgap rather than the systemic, and I get why. It's faster/easier to implement. There have been others calling for the same thing I have (adding Aby items) and the devs have yet to shoot the idea down, so it's still possible in the future but deep down I didn't actually expect them to get added in this short a timeframe.. That would be a TON of new recipes to program in after all and they've only got like 1-2 ppl to handle that aspect of the dev team I think. They're just going to babystep this with minimal changes/manhours til they get to where it needs to be.

It's also quite possible that the incoming increased yield alone will make a larger dent in the crafting effort/time required than adding Aby items. Sounds to me like the baseline yield is going up, which means that farming time should be getting halved at the very least, no?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Nope. Didn't really need to either since JPside players were already told directly about them. :/ However, given how it was worded earlier, and nothing contrary since then, it's a good bet that the mats will be Jeuno[D] exclusive. They're probably expecting to keep ppl going to the other cities with the body system.
    SE always puts all of their content in these special update announcements, so if the materials aren't in either page, then there's an extremely good chance that they've been postponed. I'm pretty sure SE always puts "new crafting recipes" in the bottom section when adding those.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    SE always puts all of their content in these special update announcements, so if the materials aren't in either page, then there's an extremely good chance that they've been postponed. I'm pretty sure SE always puts "new crafting recipes" in the bottom section when adding those.
    I kinda assumed that the recipes were added last month or the like, but looked thru the update notices on OF and last new recipe added was way back in September. ~_~;;

I would not be overly surprised if they decided to add the drops to Jeuno[D] in March, but hold off on releasing the recipes until 1-2 months after they nerf Escutcheon difficulty. The more I look at what they said, the more it sounds like farming time is getting cut by 1/2 or more.

Quote Originally Posted by POL
    Among these changes is an increase to the minimum amount of spheres produced during the Escutcheon-creating process.
    Current "minimum amount" would be 1 per synth, so a mere increase to 2 would be a literal doubling of production / halving of farming time. Could be more than 2, which makes it an even bigger shift potentially. Would actually make a lot of sense to hold off on releasing the weapon recipes which depend on having a completed shield until after they've nerfed the difficulty down to where every server should be able to have more than a handful of applicable shields per craft. Waiting a bit should also extend demand for the content.

We'll find out next week I guess. ^^;;

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devposts:

NA1) POL Frontpage: March Login Campaign is up. Of note: Aby NM / Empyrean upgrade items for 1k each. Looks like I will finally get around to finishing my Twashtar. :D

JP1) Someone asked for more store NPCs like the old ones that trade sets for KIs. Rejected due to data constraints of some sort. I think they're saying that they moved to the Porter Moogle system because there wasn't any room left on the old NPCs. (Which would mean there's not really much point in trying to go back to the old system.)

Note: They did recently mention that they may have found a new method for storing "upgrade items", but doubt we'll hear more about that until April's FP at the earliest. Fingers crossed they decided to add an NPC that lets you trade in stuff like empy seals for Mog Kupon I-Seal. =_=

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1) Someone requested to have last craftchain completed and amount increased / total spirit to display in the log. Rejected because they are worried it would be too much chat log spam. Which means whoever was in charge of making Synergy is no longer involved with development. lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag