Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

March FP is tomorrow morning at 7am edt.

Giving two spheres per drop doesn't change much and that's why they're going that route. You still have to get the drop from the small list, with competition.

Changing it to abyssea drops would eliminate literally all competition. There are 15 (r) items you can farm per zone in abyssea. Going from 15~ total to 150 is pretty obviously excessive. Abyssea has no real respawn, therefor no competition, equaling no effort.

The only thing they're ever going to add will be small amounts like testimonies at best

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    Giving two spheres per drop doesn't change much and that's why they're going that route. You still have to get the drop from the small list, with competition.

Changing it to abyssea drops would eliminate literally all competition. There are 15 (r) items you can farm per zone in abyssea. Going from 15~ total to 150 is pretty obviously excessive. Abyssea has no real respawn, therefor no competition, equaling no effort.

The only thing they're ever going to add will be small amounts like testimonies at best
    I've never had an issue finding a good place to farm spheres as is. Competition of farming isn't even close to the real problem with them: it's needing 100k points, and the absurdly boring time investment in not only synthing the spheres, but then synthing the spirit up.

I admittedly farm with a 2nd account doing the crafting, but I already always have more spheres farmed than I can craft at a time. Speeding up the rate of drops won't actually help that ratio. Doubling the rate of return from the drops as is? Yeah, that cuts farming actively in half. Farming solo exacerbates that problem, and the doubling increases that productivity even more.

Adding Abyssea wouldn't change the overall scope of things.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post

In addition to increasing the yield, they are increasing the number of valid items / zones to farm. Sorry if that was unclear from my previous posting. It's annoying as hell that they split this info up between NA/JA announcements and REALLY wish they'd stop giving us factually different information. ><;;

The devs have never brought up player competition as an issue from their POV, except for one element that got called out since it currently has only a single source for desynthing. That element will be receiving additional sources in this update. JP players have also been requesting Aby items being added to the recipe list, which has not been rejected yet, so it's not off the table yet.
    (Personal note: The devs have actually been pretty careful about not calling the sphere process "synthesis" or "desynthesis" so far as far as I can tell. Which means that it's possible that the recipes are not actually tagged as either. Has anyone been able to verify that stuff like Moghancement: Desynthesis actually affected spheres properly?)

Small unrelated note, our side got a Moderator post yesterday (and from a brand new mod)!!! The hope of being un-abandoned is not dead!!! \o/

Missed the FP. >_<;; Coulda sworn it was supposed to be April, not March... Looks like they broke their bimonthly pattern. Will watch it once YT archive is up.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

ALSO!
    New devpost:
    NA1) POL Frontpage: Info for the final round of Vanaversary RoE objectives is up. Aht Urgan + Abyssea this time. Make sure that you get all 5 KIs before the ending date in May since we don't know how/if it will be possible to do so after they get removed at that time.

JP1) Weekly devpost summary. Nothing really new.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just a few findings from JP stuff...

Omega mount in action.

Talks about updating the process how Ambuscade capes are made to make it easier by trading all items at the same time. Not sure what the last point means exactly and don't want to start speculation. This apparently is scheduled for April.

Talks about 5th Vanaversary objectives, mainly located in Aht Urghan / Abyssea. They include what looks like fighting Maat, participating in Besieged, and something related to Colorless Souls (maybe upgrading them?)

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Thanks for posting that, Volcanicweather. ^^ Still don't see the archive up on YouTube. Up now. Watching now. XD

The last two lines in the 2nd section about Ambuscade capes (which I painstakingly drew badly using a touchpad in GTrans....lol):
    Quote Originally Posted by GTrans
    5枠目を解放
    防御寄りの性能
    or..
    Quote Originally Posted by GTrans
    Release the fifth frame
    Performance close to defense
    Sounds extremely likely they are adding a 5th augment slot which will be defense oriented.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post

Sounds extremely likely they are adding a 5th augment slot which will be defense oriented.
    You started the speculation, not me! That's what I took away from it as well and it makes sense, seems likely it will be broken down to PDT, MDT, BDT (lol), and maybe a couple more.

Keep up the good work Nya! You're a great asset to the community.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You dont need to draw the symbols into google translate. on the mobile app you can use the camera > lower left button lets you choose a screenshot from your phone to upload.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

AG cuis +3 DEF:146 HP + 70 STR + 43 VIT + 30 AGI + 24 INT + 36 MND + 23 CHR + 23 Acc+39 Att+ 64 M Acc +39 Eva+47 M Eva + 100 Magical Defense + 6 Haste + 6% Double Attack + 6% Double Attack Damage + 11 Warrior Charge Effect Up Lv 99 WAR <ltem Level: 119>

FL francher +3 DEF:150 HP + 97 MP + 45 STR +45 VIT + 31 AGI + 26 INT + 40 MND + 27 CHR +20 Acc+39 Att+ 64 M Acc+39 Eva+ 42 Magic Eva+84 Magic Dmg +10 Dark Magic Skill + 18 Haste + 5% Weapon Skill Damage + 10% Muted Soul Effect Up Lv 99 DRK <ltem Level: 119>

PT Mail +3 DEF:161 HP + 102 MP + 64 STR +44 DEX +39 VIT + 36 AGI + 31 INT + 31 MND + 31 CHR + 31 Acc+ 40 Att+ 80 M Acc + 40 Eva+ 76 M Eva + 73 Magic Damage+6 Haste + 3% Jump Flying Dragon's Maximum HP 100%, Support Job Ability Added to Wyvern, Dragon Star Sword Effect Up Lv 99 DRG <ltem Level: 119>

PD gown +3 DEF:144 HP +99 MP +104 STR +31 DEX +31 VIT + 31 AGI + 31 INT + 39 MND + 39 CHR +39 Acc+40 MACC+ 40 MAB + 52 Evasion +61 M Eva+ 100 Magical Defense + 10 Healing Magic Skill + 19 Enhancing Magic Skill + 19 Haste + 3% Sublimation + 5 Enhanced Magic Effect Time + 12% Lv 99 SCH <ltemLevel: 119>

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Noteworthy things:

Dynamis Divergence @ ~20:00:
    * Enter Jeuno[D]. Showed off mob placement. Midboss = top of stairs inside palace. Boss at Mog House.
    * Statues = Impish Statue. Spawned goblins on agro. 1st one (green eyes) actually didn't appear to spawn anything on agro.
    * Saw spawn from statues in embassy square: Squadron Buccaneer, Berserker, Vandal, Fistfighter, Arcanomancer, Operative, Vivifier, Flautist, Defiler., Banneret
    * (To help with wikifying Arcanomancer cast Aero IV, Buccaneer cast Thunder IV. Defilers cast Blink/Haste. Vivifier cast Haste. Buccaneer cast Regen (likely RDM). Bannerets cast Protect IV.
    * Showed off some reforges:
    Spoiler: show

* Sounds like you have to enter/beat midboss in all 4 zones in order to unlock body reforging. Could be wrong, my trans on this part is kinda iffy tbh. orz

Ambuscade @ ~37:00:
    * V1: Moogle, V2: Wivre
    * The previously announced (on JPside) changes to the cape upgrading UI are coming. The new system will be: Trade 1x item to set path > Trade bulk to upgrade that path. (If you trade more than needed, it will only consume what is needed to cap out the augment.) If you trade the same item as for an already capped augment, it will let you choose a new path and reset the progress, so BE CAREFUL!
    * There will be a 5th augment slot which is defense oriented. (Confirming my earlier trans.)

Escutcheons:
    * HALP!! Need full accurate translation starting @ 48:30 mark. There is some sort of new Ex "Card" items which will drop from monsters in Adoulin areas. I >think< that these drops act as the current R/EX desynth items and we can turn them into spheres. Also sounds like they may drop from certain old area regions (I can make out "Elshimo" as one of them,) six are listed but kanji defeats me. Here's a pic of the listing:
    *Corrected below. List is of six items with increased drop rates, not zones.*
    If I'm not wrong, they just totally blew open the Escutcheon process and eliminated any/all concerns of player competition for sphere items. Did not catch by how much sphere yield is being increased. The Cards >MAY< be direct drops to the player with the shield rather than going thru the treasure pool, since they mentioned the concerns that players have brought up about the current disadvantage of solo players farming vs 2box+. :/ If they are direct drops, it will be interesting if they can drop to all qualifying players. If so, I am not looking forward to card farming parties pretending to be CP parties. XD
    Again, I would greatly appreciate translation backup on this section since I have little faith that a proper explanation will be included in our patch notes.

Vanaversary:
    * Most already mentioned above, only thing to say is HOLY CRAP OMEGA IS HUGE (for non-Tarutaru.) .___o;; Oh, and it looks rather impressive in motion. XD

They finished up ~15min earlier than expected and spent the time til the end of the broadcast talking with the NicoNico users. Hard to tell what's really going on when we can't see the NicoNico comments yet. Caught stuff about Uriel Blade, Mordion Gaol, GM equipment, newer players never seeing GMs, and weddings. lol

Done.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Escutcheons:
    * HALP!! Need full accurate translation starting @ 48:30 mark. There is some sort of new Ex "Card" items which will drop in Adoulin areas. I >think< that these drops act as the current R/EX desynth items and we can turn them into spheres. Also sounds like they may drop from certain old area regions (I can make out "Elshimo" as one of them,) six are listed but kanji defeats me. Here's a pic of the listing:

If I'm not wrong, they just totally blew open the Escutcheon process and eliminated any/all concerns of player competition for sphere items.
    Escutcheons

> Adding new "Cards"
    >>Cards can be obtained via desynthesis
    >>Drops from Adoulin area monsters.
    > Increase the drop rate of existing items
    >>Carbuncle's Ruby / Shoalweed / Elshimo Marble / Desert Venom / Bruised Starfruit / Lucky Egg

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Watched as well, some additional takeaways on DD - Jeuno...

-Entrance is down the stairs from the AH
    -Several red eye stats near chamber including two back by Maat area
    -A red eye stat by mog house during first wave
    -Squadron Operative is a Ninja goblin

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If you trade the same item as for an already capped augment, it will let you choose a new path and reset the progress, so BE CAREFUL!
    Not 100% sure this is true. He is upgrading multiple capes and I didn't notice it. Timestamp 43:20. Could be wrong though!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by volcanicweather View Post
    Not 100% sure this is true. He is upgrading multiple capes and I didn't notice it. Timestamp 43:20. Could be wrong though!
    Looks like it's actually the same cape, and Fujito mentions "continuing". As always however, I could be wrong. ^^;;

Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz View Post
    Escutcheons

> Adding new "Cards"
    > Increase the drop rate of existing items
    >>Carbuncle's Ruby / Shoalweed / Elshimo Marble / Desert Venom / Bruised Starfruit / Lucky Egg
    Ah. Thanks muchly for the corrections. :D Did you catch how the cards are used? Are they elementally based or single type?
    That list makes sense too. lol

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Escutcheons
    >Add New Item "Card"

Translation on the card:

Light Crest Card
    A card with the pattern for Light.

This makes me think there will be a card for each skillchain element. The recaps from Matsui indeed say minimum amount of spheres produced...

Speculation I can think of:

1. exchanged for spheres via npc somewhere at a 1:2 or higher rate
    2. can be placed in the machine and it will raise sphere count by more than 1
    3. EX tagged, so they are further desynthed into higher yielding sphere recipes? Doubtful... but plausible.
    4. FP image says "dropped from adoulin areas" i do not know if this means the cards are direct dropped from mobs, or desynthed from items that drop in Adoulin areas. Could be both cases.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Escutcheons
    >Add New Item "Card"

Translation on the card:

Light Crest Card

This makes me think there will be a card for each skillchain element. The recaps from Matsui indeed say minimum amount of spheres produced...

3. EX tagged, so they are further desynthed into higher yielding sphere recipes? Doubtful... but plausible.
    4. FP image says "dropped from adoulin areas" i do not know if this means the cards are direct dropped from mobs, or desynthed from items that drop in Adoulin areas. Could be both cases.
    3. Not sure they would have already stated that "minimum sphere amounts" would be increasing if that change did not affect all current recipes as well. I do think that it is likely that the cards get desynthed into spheres from what I can catch during the talk segment.
    4. That line is all in katakana and says "Adoulin area no monster ga drop" which translates basically as "Adoulin area monsters will drop (cards)" or similar.

Also noticed that it's stated they stack to an inventory friendly 99. XD

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Escutcheons
    >Add New Item "Card"

Translation on the card:

Light Crest Card

My hypothesis: desynthed like all the rares, but a "light" card turns into one or more light spheres. A "liquefaction" card turns into one or more liquefaction spheres, etc... If that is true, and if they are at all targetable, then shields just got trivial. Even if you can't target your farming, just them being ex instead of rare is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge step up. But please, SE... let them stack to 99.

Edit: just saw post above. Stack to 99 is huzzah. Nothing new should be added to the game-- including weapons and armor-- that isn't tagged to stack to 99, unless it's rare.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The graphic above translates into the following:

> Adding new "Cards"

The way the layout is, it makes me think these cards can be obtained by BOTH desynthesis AND direct drops from adoulin area mobs.

Another theory:

They might be changing the HQ tier system. Now, it is NQ > level 1 sphere, HQ1: level 1 sphere, HQ2: level 2 sphere, HQ3: level 3 sphere.

What if it is changed to: NQ > level 1 sphere, HQ1: level 2 sphere, HQ2: level 3 sphere, HQ3: Card. (This would only work if they only add Light and Dark cards...)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag