BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I know we were all expecting it, but it doesn't make it any less stupid, sigh.
    There are dozens of other Trusts who are just another variety of "Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's bad DPS!" with no real utility or difference between them other than MAYBE weaponskill properties.

Cornelia was unique, and she was *useful* to almost any low-man party set up. I've known it's coming, but I'm going to miss her, because there are literally 25 trusts I would give up-- not 1:1, 1:25-- to keep her.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Why are the removing her again, and not any of the shitty PLD clones that aren't August (Exenmille, Trion, Rahal, Curilla, Mnejing, Rughadjeen, Valaineral)

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1) Announcement for Freshly Picked 39 Livestream is up. Scheduled for May 9th @ 20:00 JST ||| May 9th @ 06:00 EDT
    In the times above, EDT includes the "test broadcast" time, JST does not. JST should actually be 19:00 if you are trying adjust time zones in order to watch it.
    Quote Originally Posted by POL via GTrans
    We will introduce the detail of strengthening the faith, the update of the battle content "Ambuscade", various events to be held in commemoration of the 16th anniversary.
    NicoNicoLive >>> LINK HERE <<<
    YouTube >>> LINK HERE <<<

JP2) Weekly devpost summary. Nothing new.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Summary of changes posted/clarified:
    Omega mount will be obtainable forever, with the same method.
    Removing the crab NM as well as the sheep NMs (this is what target monster change meant). Chicken knife II and save the queen II wont be obtainable for now, but they will make them obtainable again in the future.
    ANV keys being removed. Any you still have will be redeemable, but new ones cannot be obtained.
    Cornelia being removed.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

An Update where they take away everything lol

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

lol did someone light the balance signal?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

sup?

Campaign
    BG Level

I mean, we've always known this would happen, but part of me was hoping in them saying "Change of plan, after receiving so many requests we decided to keep Cornelia!" or something like that.
    How fool, how naive of me, but it seemed so stupid I was truly, honestly hoping in something like that.

Unlike many of you I don't even solo that much so in the end not having Cornelia is not really gonna chane my game-life that much, but I still find it such a bad idea on their side that I'm really finding it hard to understand why they had to go that route.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

May Login Campaign info is up. I'm glad I've been telling my newbies to save 1500pts to rollover since there are like 20x ciphers available. :D Also, lol Coeurl Mount.

New devpost:
    JP1) Someone asked about the difference in material loss rate between Moglification: <craft> and Moghancement: <element>. Answer is that both have the same value. I think we can also take this as a statement that none of them are variable effects and have static values regardless of element strength in your Mog House. Also, that the devs are jerks since they didn't state the actual value.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So any speculation that "Adjust attributes set on certain equipments" from the update note means they are adding set bonus to relic +2/3 gear?

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    So any speculation that "Adjust attributes set on certain equipments" from the update note means they are adding set bonus to relic +2/3 gear?
    plz yes

Alternatively: unfudge THF legs and give them 10% WSD instead of that 6% bullcrap.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    Nyarlko claimed that it's not technically possible to add a set bonus on items that have the Relic special augment.
    Technically there are other items with an augment slot and a set bonus, so I'm not sure where her claim came for.

She came up with other good points about Relic not getting a set bonus. I guess we'll see but meanwhile I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Nyarlko claimed that it's not technically possible to add a set bonus on items that have the Relic special augment.
    Technically there are other items with an augment slot and a set bonus, so I'm not sure where her claim came for.

She came up with other good points about Relic not getting a set bonus. I guess we'll see but meanwhile I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.
    I was under the impression that set bonus and augments were in the same data space. I don't remember at this point where that belief came from tbh, so no idea if it was based on official info or something I was told by another player. We do have an existing exception tho (HQ ABJ armor sets,) so it might be technically possible as long as the set bonus tech doesn't conflict with the relic augments (which seem like they may be "special" since there's never been any adjustments to their values.)

The wording of the announcement does not indicate "sets" btw, it's "set" as in "setting". It could also be worded as "Adjust attribute settings on certain equipments" etc. Think of it this way.. If they were making as big a change as adding set bonuses to relic+2/+3, do you really think they'd include it as a ninja update rather than trumpeting "Hey guys! Look! Now this gear doesn't suck, so you shouldn't ignore this content!"? >_> I don't think they are able to push enough newness at this point to pass over an opportunity like that.

FP39 in ~16hrs according to the countdown on YT, so there's a good chance that if it's something big, they'll bring it up. Or WCS, we wait til patchday to find out for sure. XD

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I don't think the AF+3 items getting set bonuses were announced in detail beforehand.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz View Post
    Omega mount will be obtainable forever, with the same method.
    wish they hadnt hinted all this time that it would be gone after May. It makes me feel stupid after encouraging people who wanted it to make sure to get it before this May's update.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    I don't think the AF+3 items getting set bonuses were announced in detail beforehand.
    Weren't those part of the actual upgrade itself though? I don't remember them adding the set bonuses after the items themselves, which is what you're hoping for, and which would be the same as replacing 110 items. :/ Am I having an early senior moment?

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Weren't those part of the actual upgrade itself though? I don't remember them adding the set bonuses after the items themselves, which is what you're hoping for, and which would be the same as replacing 110 items. :/ Am I having an early senior moment?
    This was changed in the March 2017 update, see https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/March_201...Existing_Items

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Radec View Post
    This was changed in the March 2017 update, see https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/March_201...Existing_Items
    That's right. XD Senior moment confirmed. I've never really had a chance to Omen all that much. Wasn't that to compensate for the lack of augs on relic tho? AF was always super plain and without the set bonuses they were often still questionable as upgrades.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

First pass on Freshly Picked 39! \0/

* Ambuscade: V2 = Imp, V1 = Goblins

* Divergence: They brought up the new incoming weapons, and I think they said that they are comparable to REMA. >_>;; Will be going back thru it after it gets archived to try to pick out the actual wording, so don't panic just yet, but everything about their tone of voice and what I did catch puts the Divergence weapons equal or better than REMA. <_<;; Wait a sec.. Divergence weapons on par with REMA.... Wouldn't that make the new acronym... DREAM Weapons? XD

* Alter Ego Enhancement:
    ** Quest requirements: Possess "Job Breaker" KI, all AA Trusts, 86 Trusts.
    ** Stretch goal: Job Point like system, capped at 150. (Sorry, didn't catch if this really is per Trust character, or if it's an overall system thing.. Betting on individuals just 'cuz that'd be more annoying. =_=;;)
    ** Trust Level = Average Item level + Number of non-Trust Party Members

* "Over Picked Vana'diel" XD (the 16th anniversary section)
    ** After laughing about the segment name for a while, they went straight into talking about a bright blue lance (that's also been talked about on FFXIAH recently.) If I caught enough of the story...: They started getting a bunch of GM calls about Blurred Spear appearing with a bright blue appearance. They figured out that this was caused by a dat mod that was slipped into 3rd party map pack. They chatted about this for quite a while, but I did not catch what, if any, punishments are going out to those who reported the issue (since doing so is essentially equivalent to telling SE "I'm cheating". XD On my list of segments to go over more carefully after the livecast is archived.)
    ** Premium Mooblin Battle: Cornelia statue is intended to be "premium" and was emphasized on this repeatedly.. Guessing it's got a unique moghancement (Moghancement: Haste maybe? <,<)

Spoiler: show

* Return to Delkfutt's Tower HTB: Limited time loot will be added
    ** Showed off new cosmetic sword and shield, which are Kamlanaut's.
    Spoiler: show
    Didn't catch where they come from. ><;;
    *** There will be two more similar events this year.

* Mog Bonanza starts May 16th.
    ** Mog Bonanza: New Rank4 prize: lv1 Great Sword, Brave Blade II

* Screenshot Campaign: They will be giving 500 players (per campaign for 4x campaigns this year) another shot at getting one of the recent prizes: Aurum Coffer, Pretty Pink Subligar, Well.

* In the closing statements, they went on at length about the STF, how to contact them, etc. Sort of think I heard them asking players to not include the names of suspected offenders in publically visible media, and that they can't just hit a button and instantly see proof that yep, that guy's cheating, so it will normally take a while before punishments are handed out. :-| Could be totally wrong of course since sleepiness has already caught up to me. Will try to verify in 2nd pass, but backup would be nice.

~~ Will be going back to fill in blanks from the screenshots I took of the PowerPoint slides after the livecast is over.
    ~~~ As always for these, as I am up at 9am and haven't slept in over 24hrs, and I'm limited to a single pass while it's live (maybe two if I think I'll be able to catch something for sure and willing to risk missing something else down the line,) I reserve the right to make a few mistakes. :3
    ~~~~ OK. I'm done for now. Good night! :D

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Sword and shield are obviously from the HTMB. They are kam'lanaats

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text