+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    "All accuracies 25" AND 25 MACC?
    I'm guessing this has to do with step moves etc.

Old Merits
    BG Level

There is no such stat as "All Accuracies", it's just regular ACC/MACC listed there. I guess 全種 (All races) from the line before that was thrown into the translator along with 命中 (ACC).

Still, at last an item that raises the Wyvern's level, makes me wonder if PUP might get one too.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Petitssk View Post
    There is no such stat as "All Accuracies", it's just regular ACC/MACC listed there. I guess 全種 (All races) from the line before that was thrown into the translator along with 命中 (ACC).

Still, at last an item that raises the Wyvern's level, makes me wonder if PUP might get one too.
    I see I was going to say I never heard of all accuracies.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    That is magic accuracy on the DNC neck, not MAB. A bit more useful. Turns it into a macro piece for Waltz and Violent Flourish.
    I'd much rather have MAB.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Moonlight Nodawi on suicide watch

I think FFXI should be Free-2-Play
    BG Level

Mnk h2h is missing a stat. It also has macc+50

I think I preferred thinking those weapons were bugged mods and not legit items. Fuck, they're ugly.

Otherwise wondering what the Dispel+1 on the RDM torque would mean. Just more accuracy? Or might we finally be able to remove more than one buff at once?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I think I preferred thinking those weapons were bugged mods and not legit items. Fuck, they're ugly.

Otherwise wondering what the Dispel+1 on the RDM torque would mean. Just more accuracy? Or might we finally be able to remove more than one buff at once?
    Odds are that it lets you remove an extra effect off your target. If it was just more accuracy, then it'd probably be tagged as macc. Recently, the devs DO seem to be on the path to more transparency in equipment stats after all.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Viar View Post
    Mnk h2h is missing a stat. It also has macc+50
    Oops. Not going to bother fixing the first pass post tho.

Blame the GTrans app on my phone having problem with the crappy font + my shaky hands taking the pics probably not helping... I seriously do not understand how anyone can understand everything in the Japanese client.. some kanji just look like white blocks to me in the FFXI font. <,<;;

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I appreciate that someone at SE still has an eye for the little things. That shadow lord sword is so huge that we have to use it as a great sword instead.

I'm not really seeing the "competitive or better than REMA" from these lolweapons.

Base damage, yeah.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

definitely not game breaking or even competitive with most rema, but a buyable 269 weapon ain't bad for a new person or for a job you don't care as much about.

i guess needing master kinda makes that untrue, actually. lol.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I actually see a lot of 'em being damn good as offhands. >_> I want the COR dagger for offhand. Seems like a whole ton of acc/racc/macc and free DT-6% (up to DT-12% total maybe?) for my party would be a good thing.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

FP40 stream has been archived and is available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpa0kja6OLw

I'll do my 2nd pass tonight, hopefully I'll be able to fill in a few of the blanks in my first pass. Desperately need help with translation for these things, so if your Japanese skills are even merely somewhat passable, please pitch in. ^^;;

EDIT: OMG O_O I just realized that the archive actually HAS Japanese subtitles/ClosedCaptioning!!! The "auto translate" feature does not seem to work very well, most likely due to the mumbliness of the devs, but this means that we have access to a full Japanese transcript to work off of! Big question though: Does anyone know how to rip subs from YouTube? OK, I figured out how to get the full list to display and just copy/pasted it into a text file. Anyone fluent also kind enough to translate ~1hr of Japanese to English for the community's sake? :D

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

OK, 2nd pass is complete! I was blessed with the assistance of an ls member who's more fluent that I am, and I think we got most of the important things nailed down. :D

* RDM neck: "Dispel+1" removes an additional buff.
    * DRG neck: "Wyvern: Lvl. +1" works the same way that it does for SMN/PUP. The actual level doesn't go up, just gets a bunch of stats.
    * All the necks are technically incomplete right now. They will be augmentable (single path, RP style system) with the augments planned to be implemented in September. Once augmented, they are no longer able to be sold on the Auction House.

* Defeating the Wave2 boss will despawn all remaining Wave2 mobs.
    * There is actually new music for Wave3.
    - The elemental Circle fetter-like things weaken the bosses if you break them. The bosses are extremely tough.
    - There is a reward of some sort if you wear down the boss's HP, even if you don't defeat it. They were vague here but it looks like this is in reference to the RMEA upgrade system they talk about later.
    * Defeating the "Circle"s will weaken the boss.
    * Trash mobs around the circles can drop the new cards/medals.

* Materials used for synthing the new weapons are obtained by trading in medals from all three Waves.
    * They say that the new weapons do look somewhat plain (and very blue) but there is a reason for this.
    * The reason the weapons are not more impressive is that they will be augmentable in the future (again, planned for September.)
    * Weapon augs use an RP system and have multiple paths. Augmented weapons will no longer be sellable.
    * The above RP augment system will also apply to current RMEA.
    * Seems that RP is gained by dealing damage to specific Wave3 bosses depending on class. Example given: You see a boss holding what appears to be an Excalibur, you'd want to whack it with Relic weapons. Weapon class appropriate RP is gained for the whole group based on which of RMEA the target is holding, based on damage dealt to it.
    * We won't have any indication of how many points we have until September, but the system is in place already and points will still be tallied in the meantime. These points are stored on your character, not the weapon itself.
    * The weapon-typed points appear to be separated by zone. Four Divergence zones <> Four "Ultimate Weapon" classes

All done! And a better job that usual to boot. ^^

EDIT: Lines marked with - instead of * changed to match lsmate's translation reverified while I was asleep. ^^;;

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by gaira View Post
    definitely not game breaking or even competitive with most rema, but a buyable 269 weapon ain't bad for a new person or for a job you don't care as much about.

i guess needing master kinda makes that untrue, actually. lol.
    They're probably stage 1/stage 2 versions. I am sure they will get further upgrades and forms in the future.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    They're probably stage 1/stage 2 versions. I am sure they will get further upgrades and forms in the future.
    Quite unlikely. The items themselves are unlikely to be upgradeable further beyond the announced augments coming in September. If that was what was planned, then there'd be no reason to bother with implementing 3x different versions of each item to begin with. Kinda hoping for the possibility of upgrading from the current lower tiers to the highest tier, maybe only for augmented weapons to avoid nullifying the crafting market for them, but I'm sure as hell not going to be holding my breath waiting for even that to happen.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devposts:

JP1) Further clarification about the flying conditions for Azi Dahaka.
    * The mentioned "killing adds to make it land" thing works as such: It is not a cumulative total required, but a set value allowed to be existent. The value varies proportionately with the total number of adds allowed to spawn (or number of participating players in other words.) With a small number of participants, killing all the adds may be required. Adds only count as being "dead" once their corpse despawns, so the trigger condition will not be met if more adds spawn before dead adds disappear.
    * The trigger to start flying is when the number of adds increases to a specific value, which varies with the number of participating players. If no adds spawn, then it will not fly.

JP2) Weekly devpost summary. Nothing new. Notes that the summary for FP40 will be posted next week.

JP3) Fujito had to clarify (and seems to backtrack a bit) what was said about the systems/methods involved in the forthcoming DREAM weapon augments. There seems to be some confusion on JPside about the details (maybe a lot of complaints? XD) because he said they are still talking about it in the department, and what was talked about during the FP40 broadcast could possibly change by the time it's implemented in September. Because of the current flow of FFXI, and the feeling of slow/steady progress, he'd like to provide some alternate routes for the strengthening process, but please wait til a later date for further information. The FP40 summary, to be published next week, should have more concrete details about this whole thing. They seem to have "said too much" during the broadcast, and there were several points where Fujito/Mochizuki paused and asked for permission from Matsui to continue speaking...

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devposts:

JP1) Fujito rambles on for a bit... Says that he overpicked Freshly Picked 40, and something about twitter.. sounds like he posted something to his personal account accidentally
    TBH, I don't get what he's talking about, but also does not seem vitally important. :/

NA1) !!! As per what was said in the Reddit Q&A, they posted a translation of the weekly devpost summary. This one includes significantly more detail than the Japanese version, including add'l info from the Domain Invasion related posts themselves. =D
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhexos - POL Official Forums
    A player who recently participated in the Domain Invasion content with 11 players mentioned that they were unable to do much damage to Azi Dahaka in Escha - Zi'Tah because it remained up in the air majority of the time.

We explained that by defeating the additional monsters which appear with Azi Dahaka would switch it back from flight mode to its normal mode.

Next, they pointed out that even though they defeated the additional monsters, Azi Dahaka was still in the air, or only came down briefly.

To this, we explained that the system looks into how many additional monsters are remaining rather than how many were defeated as a total. So players would need to defeat the additional monsters until it reaches a certain number before the mode switches back. In addition to this, depending on the number of participants the number required would change. As such, with a low number of participants, you would probably need to defeat all the additional enemies. Furthermore, the mode switch is determined based on the number of additional monsters remaining when the last one was defeated, so if any additional monsters have spawned before this, it wouldn't count.

Since the number of additional monsters is determined based on the number of participants, if no additional monsters are available, Azi Dahaka will remain on the ground without switching to flight mode.
    Really hoping that the add'l info part is part of the SOP, so I'd have less work to do. >_>;;

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

YAY! i was not expecting them to do what they said when i asked that question.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag