Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
    Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Now I just got the Aurum Coffer, but I swear i've submitted 3 other times and was the first person and never got anything.

Them cracking down on botting is so odd. At this point they should want to keep whatever subs they can. Although I'm glad to hear something big is coming.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    And how is that any different for any job though?
    Because of the shear amount of gear required required to make use of these niche aspects of said jobs, with almost no crossover with other jobs.

Take blu, a job that uses far more gearsets than most. Pretty much every gearset it uses has a massive amount of crossover with other jobs, all of those sets can be used at any time (they aren't restricted to a specific pet or automaton frame), and they can be automated with stuff like gearswap or ashitacast.

An automaton DT set has little crossover with anything, just a couple of pieces with bst and smn. An automaton enmity/WS/nuking/curing/repair/etc. set has no crossover with anything. The use of many of these sets is also limited to using super situational frames, and the lion's share of it nowadays is augmented gear that can't be stored. Additionally, you can't even automate many of them without botting, because they would need to respond to pet actions. Even a pup melee set uses different shit because you need to cap pet haste at the same time, and if you want a set to max automaton TP by itself that's a totally different set. Than you still need all the same sets every other melee uses; DT, acc swaps, JSE JA swaps (which pup has far more than other jobs), etc.

I stopped trying to play pup or bst when we started getting flooded with augmented gear and capes, I'm pretty sure it would be impossible for me to play either of these and max them out, without straight throwing out gear for other jobs. If pets just scaled with player stats, like nearly every other MMO out there, none of this would be an issue, and the amount of gear required would be more in line with other jobs. Not that I would expect them to make massive changes like that to a dead game.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I will note that Fujito hit on bazaarers in that post

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1) Someone asked to have Vagary mats added to login campaign. Answer is "No." But they are planning on making an HQ version of the existing Vagary campaign, most likely to start next year.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devposts:

JP1) Weekly devpost summary.

JP2) Two questions asked/answered about RMT, in continuation of what the poster posted in the previously closed thread about botting, and specifically about /yell being used to advertise RMT.
    1) Is public advertising of RMT websites an illegal act that can/should be reported?
    Answer: Yes, it is an illegal act and it would be appreciated if you use the STF report form to report it.

2) Would it be possible to blacklist certain NG words so that RMT would be automatically caught by the system?
    Answer: Even if they created a new system to blacklist certain words, the offenders would just change their wording to bypass the system, resulting in little to no effect. Because of the unlikelihood of success, implementation is unlikely.
    "Illegal" in this context is not "is against the law", but "is against the TOS"... Before any smart alecks chime in on that. <_<

A blacklist for words would be pretty damn awesome though.

I'd love to never see shouts about basically any and every thing said in yell these days, that isn't Aeonic SR and Ambuscade.

Imagine how great it would be to never see Trump. Or PL <Do you need it?> . Or WoC merc <overpriced> <interest?> . CP shouts. +1 gear sales.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    A blacklist for words would be pretty damn awesome though.

I'd love to never see shouts about basically any and every thing said in yell these days, that isn't Aeonic SR and Ambuscade.

Imagine how great it would be to never see Trump. Or PL <Do you need it?> . Or WoC merc <overpriced> <interest?> . CP shouts. +1 gear sales.
    Not a single one of the things you want would be included in the blacklist. Guaranteed. lol

They were talking about how a system based solution to flag NG words intended to catch RMT would not be feasible since the RMT would just change their keywords as fast as SE could update the list.

Obviously a word blacklist that you customize, like your player blacklist... I mean, duh.

I'm sure you could convince someone with some windower/ashita knowledge to make a plug-in for that purpose.

That said, yeah, filtering is 100% a game of whack-a-mole. Ban the word gil? Then it becomes gi1. Ban that? Then they start using gold. Or g0ld. Or g01d. Or shit like bug with b=g, u=i, g=l. There comes a point where legitimate words for conversation will get caught in the crossfire similar to how some over-sensitive games would prevent you from typing glass because ass is in it. During the RMT peak days here, my take was more that they needed to target the frequency of message delivery and not just the content. The average player was not going to be sending a tell per second parsing through the online search. And while some people got zealous with shouts, cranking more than one or two out in under 30s was probably on the rare side. More to SE's fault, they were also incredibly sluggish about acting under the mantra of not wanting to ban innocents. Meanwhile, pretty much every legit player knew you don't keyboard mash your names and auto-follow one person everywhere 24/7. Having some GMs always in the world, wandering around and observing would've done a heck of a lot more good than some random desk jockey getting a report and not really knowing how to interpret it, as seemed to be the case most of the time.

But really, some form of RMT will always be a threat as long as trading is a thing. The trick is to not let people be able to monopolize things, which SE did slowly get better about. Unfortunately, some game aspects are still pretty autist like RMEA building, but some people have convinced themselves such content has to be there to keep people playing.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

The ingame language filter is hilarious tbh. I actually left it on on one of my characters just for the occasional giggle that it causes. It even catches a lot of things that have spaces in them, where parts of two words get ????'d out. Anyone know what language "nigra" is offensive? XD That one popped up today, when a ls member typo'd "-ing" into "-nig". The filter definitely covers more NG words than just English/Japanese too, since I've seen it bleep out things that I've never heard of.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Say "nigra" with various accents in the middle of Harlem and see what happens.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    Say "nigra" with various accents in the middle of Harlem and see what happens.
    I'm just curious from a linguistic perspective. Did they really blist a mispronunciation/misspelling of the English word, or is it some other language's version? As I said, I've run across NG words that are most definitely not English or Japanese based, and I'm just wondering how far they take this thing. lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

ah, good ol' loud nigra

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

My original char name was Ophanus but because it has Anus in it, the name was banned in character creation, I had to make it Ophannus :/

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devposts:

JP1) Someone complained that they got a 1 with Cutting Cards with Lanun Boots equipped and it should go to 5. Reply: Please file a bug report with more information, and that Lanun boots should only affect Wild Card, and if they are affecting anything else, then that would be a bug.

JP2) Question: Does equipment with "Weapon skill accuracy+", like Fotia Belt and Hepatizon Rapier, affect ranged weaponskills. Answer: Fotia Belt does, Hepatizon Rapier does not. Fotia is special since it's tied to weaponskill attributes. They are considering updating the help text to further clarify this, but would prefer to expand normal "Weapon skill accuracy+" to match Fotia's specifications (and work on everything in other words,) since that would be more user-friendly.

JP3) Weekly devpost summary. Nothing new.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    My original char name was Ophanus but because it has Anus in it, the name was banned in character creation, I had to make it Ophannus :/
    PSO (Phantasy Star Online) used to crack me up because they had a language filter and they also had a monster called "Grass Assassin" which if I remember right was basically a preying mantis or something. So naturally due to the filter nobody could actually talk about the monster as it contains alot of ASS.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Pokémon did the same thing with Cofagrigus when they went online. They had to explicitly patch the game before you could list it online for trade because it had the word fag in it.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The elusive Wave 3 strikes. Not we know where the final time extension is haha

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Color me shocked they didn't roll out wave 3 one zone at a time.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag