Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Man, that escalated as if we were arguing the merits of purple vs wrong.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Blurple.

Also, that Cloud gif is so funny.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

The real Dev tracker gossip: Why are there always 600+ people viewing FFXI section. The bots tryna do something?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    The real Dev tracker gossip: Why are there always 600+ people viewing FFXI section. The bots tryna do something?
    Everyone waiting for FFXI Mobile news.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Gotta keep that webtraffic coming some how to justify not shutting down the forums and telling everyone that cares to go to reddit or discord to keep up with the latest and greatest that is offered here.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

i heard someone call my name lol.

the images were a mix of UE development screenshots and mockups laid over said screenshots.
    mock ups obviously aren’t the actual thing and the artist did put some embellishments here and there like the WotG comet, but if his job was to add detail then it also gives you an idea of what they want to achieve.

the map and concept art tho, 100% legit. Nexon KR has already issued takedowns on most places sharing the images
    map is gorgeous in its full size

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

FFXI-2 out yet? next 20 years of my life need a time sink.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

No but FFXI is still around, go play and have fun!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Cursed View Post
    FFXI-2 out yet? next 20 years of my life need a time sink.
    it's called ff14

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

FF14 is trash, should have been called final wow

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's time to grow out of that fantasy

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Even if we got a FFXI-2 I doubt i'd have the free time anymore, and even if I did I'm sure my friends wouldn't lol. Don't think a game will ever quite capture that excitement like XI did... also mostly because I'm older now and its harder to give me a sense of wonder. I still remember the feeling of getting my first Crystal in the beta and wondering wtf it was (or trading it for a Faded Crystal at the Crags and wondering too, wtf it was for).

But we have a FFXI nostalgia thread.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/commen..._be_cancelled/
    https://news.mtn.co.kr/newscenter/ne...20913453521144

Mobile canceled.

Nexon has cancelled the development of 'Final Fantasy 11'. This decision has been made after it went into production for 5 years with the cooperative work with Square Enix. The development team will be placed in Nexon's new major development project teams such as 'Project NGR' and 'Tales Weaver M'.

This decision has been made after the development decision to focus the development resources on promising projects.

They have chosen Unreal engine 4 and started development back in 2016, but the project development didn't sail smoothly. It is known that the development direction has already changed significantly once back in 2018 when it was reassigned to Nexon One Studio (Footnote: One Studio is one of the many subsidiary studios under the Nexon Flag) It was planned to launch in the later half of 2019, but Nexon's development leadership has changed Q3 last year and all of the company's internal project was reevaluated and the launch was postponed.

'Final Fantasy 11' was one of the projects that was unclear if it would make the cut of the evaluation process but it has survived the 1st review process that took place in Q3 of last year. The new general manager for the new development was the newly promoted vice-president Kim Dae Hwon, and assigned director Sim Gi Hoon as the general director for the project.

After Director Sim Gi Hoon got involved, it is known that the gameplay has shifted in the direction of combining the RPG and TCG genre. An additional year of development was made but ultimately they decided to end the project.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Hopefully someone leaks assets or artwork so we can get an idea of where they were trying to go with it.

Would love to see what happened.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Makes me wonder if the product existed at all and the images we've seen so far are just concept images made to look in game i.e.:

Given the likelihood a vast majority of mobile phones out there would never be able to play a game that looked like that, I'm going to call mock-up. And the closer I look, the more that looks more like it'd be a XIV beta shot.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Given the likelihood a vast majority of mobile phones out there would never be able to play a game that looked like that, I'm going to call mock-up. And the closer I look, the more that looks more like it'd be a XIV beta shot.
    That... That is a XIV 2.0 Beta shot released around the Reboot timeline as a proof of concept so yah.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I kind of have a hard time believing you could pull the wool over investors and shareholders eyes for 5 years over a flagship title like this.

Don't think it was vaporware, just think they tried 2-3 different things and didn't feel like it would produce results at market. 2-3 years ago was their last chance honestly at any subscription based model working. Gacha is just too homogenized for that mobile platform now for anything else to work well enough for a larger studio to support it for multiple years.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Feel like, again, FF Grandmasters got as close to a Mobile XI as you could reasonably expect and even both never went Global and also died in Japan. But to be honest, if FF:Crystal Chronicles and Genshin Impact can run and play on Mobile, they COULD have made something XI-Inspired that worked, its just a matter of how they'd monetize it which is i'm sure where the game died.

Though, honestly? I think they coulda done Character Gachas. XI has enough NPCs AND the fact they could have imported other Final Fantasy franchise heroes as events that a Character-Gacha like Genshin Impact could have feasibly worked. Doing a Nyzul-Isle themed event as Cloud or Squall would have probably drug in some XI junkies as well as have broader Final Fantasy appeal like DFFOO and other FF Mobile games (RIP Mobius, ILU)

I'll never convince a "Never mobile games!" person of that, but I could definitely picture a functional, decent mobile XI... I just don't know if Nexon was the company who would have been able to make it lol.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Though, honestly? I think they coulda done Character Gachas.
    Oof, you know what? That sounds like a terrific but horrible idea hahahaha. Current XI has trusts and as far as I know, can be played mostly solo barring the end game events. A trust-gacha followed by gear (relic, mythics, and the entire lot). Your base avatar char can have the 6 base starting jobs, and through MSQ you get given 1 advanced job initially to pick from with maybe 1 or 2 more thrown at you down the line, the rest are gacha'd.

Likewise, trusts, some average ones can be thrown at you through MSQ, events, and promotions, rest are gacha'd.

The more I think about it the more it sounds appealing if a bit wallet busting XD

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag