Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Ahh yes.. I remember that day 'the new generation will struggle to adapt to the game and it will crash and burn without the 1% to guide them' when said 1% didn't give a fuck about whatever generation of player and only wanted them in dynamis so they could get their weekly 500 currency.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    XI was confirmed dead when SE banned all of “the top best players” in 2009.
    you're wrong, the game has clearly only been increasing in population since 2007. sorry that you're mad that whatever game you play isn't as relevant as this masterpiece

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    FFXI has been "fizzling out" for almost a decade now...
    when someone says something is fizzling out they mean in a very quick fashion it's plummeting, you are wise beyond your years

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Thanks D44kpunk, very cool.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Those salvage bans were epic. Ah, I still remember the salt that flowed that fateful day. Salt the likes of which you've never seen, as near decade-long hardcore players who put thousands of hours into their characters lost it all forever. The exploit was pretty profound, but then again so was killing AV with the wall trick, yet those players never received bans. I thought SE learned their lesson, until they perma banned a few players for Ungarmaxing in 14.

if they ever start caring again the new banwave for bots will put that salvage banwave to shame

People at square are physically incapable of learning lessons in this(and any) regard. just keep pretending its not a thing for YEARS then flip a switch and ban 10% of all players.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Yeah botting is bad and so is RMT. People just shout for gil selling like its nothing in 14. The again, gil is largely worthless in 14 compared to 11, but still. People use bots in 14 for gathering but also rampantly for running dungeons, grinding FATES and chaining in Eureka.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I was shocked to see gil seller shouts in the game again. Particularly on my server which has a low population.

Gil in ffxiv is pretty worthless, you can enjoy the whole game with barely any. What the mainline quests gives you is enough to get by for teleports and food.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Idk there are some glamour items that are pretty hard to live without that cost about 11mil.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

You can powerlevel all the crafts to 70 with under 10 mil, I've done it, not with purchased gil, but it could be attractive to some who want to be able to craft or gather, especially going into the new expansion. Gil buying also increases when new crafted gear is released since everyone wants to challenge new content ASAP. Gil is also decent for having good HQ food and infusions/potions. That aside, gil's main purpose is for housing/furnishing, which <10% of players partake in anyway.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...1/detail.html#

January campaigns are:

Geas Fete PLUS
    Abyssea
    High Tier Battlefields
    Dynamis
    Incursion
    Chocobo digging
    Monster rearing

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...1/detail.html#

January campaigns are:

Geas Fete PLUS
    Abyssea
    High Tier Battlefields
    Dynamis
    Incursion
    Chocobo digging
    Monster rearing
    So about this months campaign, I thought I had read this morning (too lazy to link) from bg wiki that the high tier battlefields drop hmp, abj (or cursed?), etc. I tried the 6 orc one and got a bunch of normal crap. Is it only for higher than Normal difficulty? Or did I read wrong? Or just low drop rates?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    So about this months campaign, I thought I had read this morning (too lazy to link) from bg wiki that the high tier battlefields drop hmp, abj (or cursed?), etc. I tried the 6 orc one and got a bunch of normal crap. Is it only for higher than Normal difficulty? Or did I read wrong? Or just low drop rates?
    The six orc fight is done with Sacred Kindred Crests and that tier of fight is not the current campaign. When that is active it’s own thing called Macrocosmic Orb campaign.

The tier that is featured in the campaign this month is accessed with Kindred Crests and High Kindred Crests. And honestly these fights are kinda useless to a veteran player but marginally useful to a new player. While the campaign is active you have a good chance of getting a Kupon I Seal, which gives you all the necessary seals required to upgrade Empyrean Armor from base to +1. Just saves you time farming and trying to proc in Abyssea. But most long time players likely already have them done anyway.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

The six orc fight is done with Sacred Kindred Crests and that tier of fight is not the current campaign. When that is active it’s own thing called Macrocosmic Orb campaign.

The tier that is featured in the campaign this month is accessed with Kindred Crests and High Kindred Crests. And honestly these fights are kinda useless to a veteran player but marginally useful to a new player. While the campaign is active you have a good chance of getting a Kupon I Seal, which gives you all the necessary seals required to upgrade Empyrean Armor from base to +1. Just saves you time farming and trying to proc in Abyssea. But most long time players likely already have them done anyway.
    Oooooh that's why. Thanks! Yeah was reading about it this morning and also about some abj key you trade to the gobbie dial? Was half awake and also annoyed I messed up the last skirmish needed in RoE this morning. And....I'm three trusts short for 85 trusts so I can't start Filled to Capacity yet. I think I can get Gessho. Today is going to be so slow at work. Can't wait to get home and get hammering out more stuff!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

January update preview is up.

Devs plan that 2019 will be a year full of job updates. January will see yet undisclosed updates to DRG and DNC.

Plans to adjust the Besieged RoE objectives so that you will get credit for participating rather than winning.

Vol. 2 Ambuscade Very Easy to Difficult will get increases in Hallmarks and Gallantry rewarded upon success. No plans to change V2 VD or any difficulty tier of V1.

The Moogle Bonzanza winners will be announced.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

The Moogle Bonzanza winners will be announced.
    Oops. Haven't been feeling the game lately and cut back on my log-ins. Forgot this was even a thing so no marbles for me this year I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Xantavia View Post
    Oops. Haven't been feeling the game lately and cut back on my log-ins. Forgot this was even a thing so no marbles for me this year I guess.
    Then you're already a winner. Bonanza is a waste of time and inventory space. The month you have to hold the marbles is really stupid.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

You have 320 inventory that is only accessible via mog house (safe, safe 2, storage, locker), and 480 inventory available in the field (sachel, sack, case, wardrobe, wardrobe 2, inventory), not including wardrobe 3+4. gtfo with "its a waste of inventory".

Nah, it is a waste in an era where numbers could be easily flagged in temporary key items.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The investment/potential reward payoff on bonanza is too good to ignore. I understand some people wanna equate it to playing the lottery in real life and stand on the haughty "Ha! It's a tax for the poor!" high horse and shit, but come on. 20k of your videogame money that can be made in minutes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag