Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1/NA1) Weekly devpost summary. Nothing new.

Reminder that there will be a special stream tomorrow @ 19:00 JST, and that I don't have NicoNico premium, so if anyone runs across a copy of the video, please post the link to it here. ^^
    Spot saved for link to official NA translation to be added whenever it gets posted.
    NA link added.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Anything happen on that stream?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    Anything happen on that stream?
    Dunno yet. Just found it on YT tho, will update w/ anything good to know. ^^

Have a Shadow Lord in the meantime. :D

EDIT: OK. Went thru it a bit.. Seems that there's nothing important for most of us. ._.;;

There's an announcement for another Dengeki Brigade broadcast on Aug 25, which actually is likely to have important stuff since the dev team will be participating in that one. Tickets cost 6,480 yen ($58.35 American), or 13,480 yen ($121.39) if you want a special T-shirt.
    Spoiler: show
    You too can show off your longneck pride!

There another broadcast event planned for 12/2/18, but didn't catch too many details about it.

The participants this time goofed around a bit in-game (on a live server,) then did ROV missions from scratch up past beating Siren. TBH, I got bored and skimmed thru most of this. :3 It's possible that they said something important, but doesn't feel likely from what I saw.
    ...... This entire broadcast seems to basically be just a watch-me-play + commercials for future broadcasts... for 3hrs. lol

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hey, it's a Kingdom Aketon, not a random shirt.

http://zam.zamimg.com/ffxi/i/images/...dom-Aketon.jpg

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz View Post
    Hey, it's a Kingdom Aketon, not a random shirt.

http://zam.zamimg.com/ffxi/i/images/...dom-Aketon.jpg
    Hence the "You too can show off your longneck pride!" caption. XD

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New Devpost:

JP1/NA1) August patch announcement. Scheduled a bit early, for August 7th. The Iroha "Master Trial -like thing" will surprisingly have an Easy mode for practice and seeing the content, plus a Hard mode meant to be challenging on par w/ Master Trials.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devposts:

JP1) Someone said that the Increased Seal and Crest campaign bonus did not apply to level sync'd parties. Reply was that they were unable to reproduce it from the info given, so please file a proper bug report with more details.

JP2) Complaint that the Wave3 bosses don't drop anything special. Reply is that since they are the focal point for the DREAM weapon augments already, they can't justify adding more rewards beyond the spiffy title. Also, though they won't say that it'll be big, they are considering adding something to rewards received for beating them.

JP3/NA1) Weekly devpost roundup. Nothing new on either side. JPside did include a link to the Dengeki page about the two events that I previously reported.

"FFXI Dengeki Brigade Summer Festival Offline Meetup 2018"
    Much nicer pics of the T-shirt at the above linked page, a full speaker roster and schedule for the first event. Odds are good there will be a lot of good info from this event, so if anyone finds the vid before I do, please let us know. ^^

Spoiler: show
    FFXI Dengeki brigade summer festival off party 2018

■ Date and time
    August 25 (Sat)

Part 1 starts: 18:15 concert: 20: 15
    Part 2 starts: 20:30 showing: 22:30

■ Appearance
    【Part 1】
    Katsuyuki Konishi (Voice Actor, Ken Productions)
    RiRiKA (Singer / Toho Entertainment)
    FFXI Producer Mr. Akira Matsui (Square Enix)
    FFXI Director Yoji Fujito (Square Enix)
    Community Team Mr. Issei Mochizuki Square Enix)
    Osho (Dengeki Brigade) and
    other members of the Dengeki Brigade

【Part 2】
    Dengeki Brigade members
    Kumi Tanioka (composer)
    FFXI Producer Mr. Akihito Matsui (Square Enix)
    FFXI Director Yoji Fujito (Square Enix)
    Community Team Mr. Nozomi Mochizuki (Square Enix)
    Opon Kikuchi (Dengeki Brigade)

The 2nd event that I didn't catch much about earlier is apparently going to be BIG. O_o;;
    Doesn't seem to have an official name yet, but sounds like at least as big a scale as the last 10th Anniversary VanaFest in 2012.
    December 2nd, details will be announced at a later date. May include some info during the Dengeki event.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devposts:

JP1) I think someone said they were tired of eating the same food items and wanted pizza. Dev response is that they do foods in order, so please wait for a pizza turn. GTrans shat the bed on this one, so may be wrong.

JP2) Again, a bit iffy.. Someone complained about Acuex* Ore clogging bags when killing them and asked if they could be changed to either stack or be given the Rare tag. Dev response is that in this case, they should be able to be stacked, but it may take a while to be implemented. Iffiness is due to no direct matches to English item names (アクエフの鉱石 / Akuefu no kouseki), but Acuex Ore is the closest spelling and fits the non-stacking description.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

JP1/NA1) Weekly devpost summary. Looks like I totally missed the food thing. >_<;; They were talking about the effect/help text on food, not new items. orz At least it's confirmed that I got the "Acuex Ore" thing right. :D

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

There was a video released like 4 days ago, if anyone was interested. There's a tiny amount of translation posted over on ffxiah, as well as the teaser pictures for some augments.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Double EXP/CP running all week to grease us up for the coming patch.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Posted on FFXIAH, but figured I'd post this here as well. It seems most FFXI discussion takes place on FFXIAH anymore, but thought maybe there were some lurkers that didn't know that (like me, prior to coming back).

A friend of mine has done a translation of the Freshly Picked to see if there was any additional information beyond the stats that Afania translated (the stats listed were correct, including the new stat for Drk neck). To be clear, this is a native JP speaker translating to Engrish that I've discussed with him and boiled down. We've been at this for a little over 2 days off and on. Some things may be a little misconstrued or lost between the languages. There were a few things the translator really wanted me to include as well. SE said repeatedly that things are still in development so some changes may occur. That said, some things of note were found.

-Necks gain the same augments between the qualities, but quality determines the cap of said augments

-RMEA weapons have one augment path each, each are unique

-Dyna weapons have 3 paths

-Of note with the Dyna weapons, the first two paths (referred to as baigeki, or 50% double damage, and tsuigeki, or 50% attack after attack, IE, Raetic) appear to be on each weapon – both are also confirmed to not work with WSs - while the third path is unique to each weapon

-To unlock the ability to begin the RMEA augment process, you must either damage the wave 3 boss corresponding to your weapon type (Bastok for Mythic, Windy for Relic, etc) a certain amount total, or go through the JP unlock process

-There is no unlock process for Dyna weapons, they're able to be augmented from the start

-There was a note about needing to have job master completed for augs as well as having your weapon AGed listed with the JP unlock process - It's possible you may not need to be mastered on the job or the weapon AGed to augment if you go the wave 3 boss route though this wasn't specifically said

-If you've already damaged the boss before the update, your points have been recorded, but even if you've earned enough to unlock the augments, you'll need to damage the boss again after the update before you have RMEA augments opened up to you

-If you've killed the boss, you've been flagged as complete and only need to meet (specified as meet, not damage or defeat) the boss to unlock your augments

-After augmenting has been unlocked, RMEA weapons are augmented with Reinforcement Points from an item that drops in both Dyna and Omen

-Dyna weapons are augmented with Reinforcement Points gained from killing “small fry” mobs in Dynamis with the weapon equipped or an item that drops in Dyna – This may be the same item as above for RMEA weapons, but they didn't mention Omen when discussing Dyna weapons

-No info was provided for augmenting the necks

Bonus point info:

-The next cosmetic weapon they're thinking of adding is Absolute Virtue's lance

-They're in the planning stages for Empy +2/+3 and updating old content, don't expect it soon

-They're planning on offering a new low man route for Vagary

-They're planning to offer a “choose your NM” option for Sinister Reign

-Someone asked if a Shadow Lord mount could be added – this was shot down

-They'll be adding a Goobue and Adamantoise mount

-They're planning on doing job adjustments – They want to do all jobs equally but slowly, not just jobs that are underperforming - New JAs, magic, avatars, and Pup attachments are largely off the table as they technically can't be added, but they're open to ideas from players

-FFXI is currently being ran at a profit

Campaign
    BG Level

Choose your NM for SR! Finally! Perf Samnuha shit THOU SHALT BE MINE FINALLY!!! >:D
    Sad about the fact it's been confirmed different neck qualities will have different caps in their augments, but honestly I was of course expecting that. Hope eventually the prices will go down but I'm skeptic about it, sigh. I have so much stuff I still need to buy that multiple 150+ millions necks isn't exactely what I wanted to add to my to-buy list.

Sorta happy about the rest. Looks like the Divergence Weapons will be more promising than they looked at first glance.
    Also really hope the Mythic augments won't be complete plain shit. Some of the "special" weapons could really use some special augments.

Did they comment wether or not stuff like Aegis, Ochain, Srivatsa, Daurdabla, Gjallarhorn and Marsyas will get augments as well?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They already said instruments and shields will not get augs

Campaign
    BG Level

Instruments it makes sense I guess, but Shields? Especially stuff like Srivatsa could've used some more stats to make it somewhat even remotely useful other than for lockstyle.

I guess the problem here is that they never released an "unified afterglow version" and they need that to enable the item-space required for augments. (of course they wouldn't have this issue with Srivatsa, but also obviously they would never release augments just for one shield out of three)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Naoki Yoshida talks XI's Future
    G: I’m guessing that Final Fantasy XI is drawing closer to the end of its life cycle. Are you thinking, when the time to close Final Fantasy XI comes, of ways to draw its remaining players into Final Fantasy XIV?

NY: Being in charge of Business Division 5, XI is still part of my group. I can tell you right now that it’s still going strong, and there are no plans to end it any time soon.

This year we have a lot of patches and a lot of plans. We’re going to talk about it in the coming months, even if it’s not a new expansion.

Yet, the team and the Producers want to liven up the project, so you’re gonna see the results in the next few months of work within the team as well as the PR teams. You’ll feel that the game is still going strong.

If and when, maybe even ten years in the future, Final Fantasy XI finally ends, then yes, we’d be completely open to doing some kind of promotion for those players. Maybe if they move to XIV we could give them a free year of subscription or something like that.

With that being said, we don’t want to force those players to move on to XIV. They’re completely different games, so it has to be their decision.

The memories players have of Vana’diel are memories of Vana’diel. And it’s because it’s Vana’diel that those memories are so strong. We’ll do everything in our power to keep the servers open for the players. It’s important for us.
    https://www.dualshockers.com/final-f...yoshida-soken/

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Would really love another omen/plus campaign. Farming cards is so dreadful. Another dynamis statue smasher or w/e would be decent too.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

How about instead of it being a campaign it just become a normal feature, while they're at it buff the rates of bodies in Omen, its fucking dumb that TH only matters on Ou.

How about instead of it being a normal feature they just remove that garbage from the game entirely. Fuck dynamis.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

So with the announcement of the first Fanfest since 2012, are you expecting any big news?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag