BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Just because it's funny. XD

NA1)
    Quote Originally Posted by POL
    - An unimplemented item (labeled ".") could be obtained from the Gobbie Mystery Box.
    *If you happen to have obtained this item, we ask that you please discard it. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I sincerely doubt they will include synergy in the mix at all for anything truly relevant. The point of making them EX/Non-sendable would be to limit the availability of the REMA-replacement weapons.

Doesn't really matter tho since crafting's never been fair/equitable on the distribution of item types? Cooking (and leathercraft, and clothcraft, and alchemy) doesn't normally get to make weapons. >_< As a leathercrafter, I'd love to get a recipe, but don't think it'll happen.

My thought was "Why would they be assumed to be EXPENSIVE (verbally in caps and underlined)?" and best reasonable answer that I came up with was "The Escutcheon-owning crafter has to farm the mats themselves." That would reasonably make them MUCH harder to come up with mats for, and scarcity increases price. Tacking the mats onto the zone bosses would further increase the difficulty of obtaining them in the first place, and would eliminate a lot of craftbot-type mules from the running. Or maybe each recipe will require multiple mats from 2-4 of the zone/mega bosses? Or maybe the devs are going to be super-trolls and the NQ is literal NPC trash, with only an equippable HQ version with absolute T0 recipes...

I have absolutely no doubts at all that it will be as far from simple as possible since these things are intended to give REMAs a run for their money. Try to come up with a process that would be worth ~100mil because that's probably around the price tags the devs have put on obtaining these things. :/
    The shields cost substantially more than 100M. You could get every REMA for any job in the game for less than the cost of one shield. The idea of it being crafted only is ridiculous-- because even if you have a shield, if you want one made for a different craft, not only do you need to make ANOTHER shield, on the same character, you have to delevel the craft you already have maxed, and level another one. There is literally no way SE could do that and no lose their Japanese base entirely over it.

The idea that it will require materials crafted by people with the shield is still silly (but stated it will be), but doable. It will still be expensive. But requiring the player to have a shield-- and let me be clear, I have one and should have two before the update hits with them-- is beyond the pale even for SE.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Marootsoobutsu View Post
    The shields cost substantially more than 100M. You could get every REMA for any job in the game for less than the cost of one shield. The idea of it being crafted only is ridiculous-- because even if you have a shield, if you want one made for a different craft, not only do you need to make ANOTHER shield, on the same character, you have to delevel the craft you already have maxed, and level another one. There is literally no way SE could do that and no lose their Japanese base entirely over it.

The idea that it will require materials crafted by people with the shield is still silly (but stated it will be), but doable. It will still be expensive. But requiring the player to have a shield-- and let me be clear, I have one and should have two before the update hits with them-- is beyond the pale even for SE.
    Uh, you know that "the weapon being craftable only with the shield" is not the same thing as "you need to own a shield to get the weapon", right? None of the information we've gotten implies that any of the weapons are EX.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Uh, you know that "the weapon being craftable only with the shield" is not the same thing as "you need to own a shield to get the weapon", right? None of the information we've gotten implies that any of the weapons are EX.
    I was directly quoting someone who is speculating that you will need to have the shield personally.

I was explaining how implausible such speculation is.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Marootsoobutsu View Post
    I was directly quoting someone who is speculating that you will need to have the shield personally.

I was explaining how implausible such speculation is.
    None of what you quoted implies that you would need the shield personally to get a weapon.

Nyarlko's speculative scenario was:

1: Crafter with shield has to personally farm one or more EX materials
    2: Crafter with shield crafts weapon
    3: Craft with shield is free to sell said non-EX weapon to anyone, even if they don't have a shield.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Thank you Fwahm for explaining for me. ^^ That's a very clear way to put it.

New devposts:

JP1) About the gobbiebox gobbies going poof. Someone reported getting a R/EX item named "." Devs apologized that if anyone received one from the gobbiebox, the devs can't refund any keys/points involved or reimburse the chance at the dial. Also, that if you have one, please toss it and that it will never be changing into a different item.

JP2) Weekly devpost summary.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not really dev discussion, but I check into here occasionally and remember seeing some discussion about Mobile FFXI. Got linked to a Nexon job posting from 1/29/18 looking for a scenario writer for the game so it appears to still be alive. They even had some screenshots posted on the job posting.

It's looking less like a straight port and more of a reimagining of some sorts. The zones and characters definitely look familiar, but they don't appear to be the same.

Spoiler: show

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

shit ugly textures but what can you expect from a mobile game, idk what ws is being used in that bottom pic either, doesn't look like RLB, and I don't recall fighting any adamantoise as a normal encounter at lv. 8..

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

omg its alive!!!! please deliver ._.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Campaign
    BG Level

Some people in the other thread on FFXIAH are suggesting those are just static pre-rendered images used as loading screens and stuff.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1) Someone complained about the reduced number of resins available in Ambuscade this month. Devs apologized, said it was an error, that it will go back to 3x capes worth available starting next month, and that they considered an emergency maintenance to fix it, but due to the Welcome Back Campaign, they decided not to because they didn't want to reduce available play time. Think they said they also added safeguards to ensure that this can't happen again.
    EDIT: Forgot to mention that it also sounds like they are planning to add this month's missing resins to next month, so there'll be 4x capes worth available...

Simpler solution than forcing everyone to do more ambuscade next month would've been just mail out 5 resins. They fucked up, they should give them out. Not penalize us.

Campaign
    BG Level

Sending them for free would've been too much, it's not like they were supposed to be free this month.
    Anyway, as long as we'll be able to get 4 capes next month I'll be happy. Was starting to accept the idea to upgrade 2 capes from now on, so this is a great positive news to me.

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Celebrating Sixteen Years of FINAL FANTASY XI! (05/16/2018)

Let me begin by thanking each and every one of you, without whom we would be unable to celebrate sixteen years of FINAL FANTASY XI.

It feels like just a short while ago that we were celebrating the fifteenth anniversary, and yet here we are, already at the sixteenth. I can scarcely believe that the time has passed so quickly!
    In the past year, we added new Seekers of Adoulin quests, Dynamis-Divergence, the Escutcheon questline, and a variety of other new content for you to enjoy. There were also fifteenth Vana'versary Records of eminence objectives to remind us of Vana'diel's past.

The next year of FINAL FANTASY XI is shaping up to be even better than the previous.
    "Hey, since sixteen is a multiple of two, now's the perfect time to double our fun!"
    "Oho, you might be right!"
    Whether that conversation is real or fictitious is left as an exercise for the reader, but what I can say is that we've secured the assistance of many people both within and outside SQUARE ENIX, and we hope you will accompany us on this new journey.

Since the release of Seekers of Adoulin, the development team has made it our goal to provide an experience that anyone can enjoy solo regardless of how much time they have to spend on the game, as our players' lifestyles and the times have changed since 2002. Still, XI is an MMORPG, and playing with friends is always going to provide a richer gaming experience. In this, the sixteenth year of service, we are going to return a bit to what makes an MMORPG special under an overarching theme of "reunions with our friends."

Looking back, in 2002, social media hadn't yet taken off, so the only way our adventurers could contact each other was in-game. At the same time, this type of anonymity let people truly roleplay whatever they desired, be it a grizzled Galka warrior or a feisty Mithra thief. As such, many of our players have always valued in-game interactions quite highly, and we know how difficult it is when one of our treasured friends takes a break from the game. The development team is currently considering what we can do to alleviate this issue, and may ask you for your ideas, input, and assistance in the future.

Several campaigns have started up today, including the
    Return Home to Vana'diel Campaign, which supports adventurers returning to Vana'diel after a leave of absence. If you are one of our valued returnees, you might want to take a look at Records of Eminence to provide your first step forward into a brand new Vana'diel. Once you've got your bearings, you might want to get your hands on your very own Omega mount!

Let me close these greetings by stating once more my heartfelt appreciation for those of you who have spent time with us here in Vana'diel. Your support and passion for FINAL FANTASY XI are what has brought us to this day, and the development and operations team pledge to work even harder to provide you with fresh experiences that'll make you glad you choose to continue playing. Here's to sixteen years, and sixteen years more!

Akihiko Matsui
    Producer, FINAL FANTASY XI

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Sounds like a big hint about the mobile version in there.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I think you are just wanting it so badly that reading it is convincing enough for you.

I personally didn't pick up on that.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    I think you are just wanting it so badly that reading it is convincing enough for you.

I personally didn't pick up on that.
    I don't care about the mobile version particularly, and it seemed fairly obvious to me they were referring to it.

But I find it cool that they were able to secure more resources from within SE, not just licensing it out to Nexxon or whatever that company is.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

The mention of a new journey and the whole double the fun thing. I mean, I think that's quite a huge nod to the mobile game if you ask me. Unless they shock us with a new expansion lol.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by LidenbokValour View Post
    The mention of a new journey and the whole double the fun thing. I mean, I think that's quite a huge nod to the mobile game if you ask me. Unless they shock us with a new expansion lol.
    omg if thry make a new expansion with new jobs ill need to come back!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    omg if thry make a new expansion with new jobs ill need to come back!

Not until the 17th anniversary, would be a prime time to do it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag