Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41

There's nothing that says an XI gacha couldn't exist and might even be decent. The historical problem here, of course, are the classic purists that shit on any inclination that it wouldn't be their precious CoP 75-cap game and would otherwise be modernized in various ways to be mobile friendly.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It'd definitely appeal to me if done right, but you're correct, the XI Purists would never ever touch it, most of them REEEEEE at the mere mention of the word "mobile" lol. I don't think this game was ever destined to attract that particular audience... but if they added more broad FF Appeal... I think it might have found some footing.

Not as some shitty ass TCG hybrid that Nexon was turning it into though.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    There's nothing that says an XI gacha couldn't exist and might even be decent. The historical problem here, of course, are the classic purists that shit on any inclination that it wouldn't be their precious CoP 75-cap game and would otherwise be modernized in various ways to be mobile friendly.
    Nothing with the word gacha in it is ever going to be decent.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I will always use “Another Eden” as an example of a very good mobile game that I often forget even has gacha mechanics.

AE isn't perfect, but they're also not nearly as scummy as other options. That said, I agree with the implied sentiment that compromising features for cash grab can go downhill very fast. In theory, every character could be acquirable without utilizing gacha, but instead via quest/mission progress. Money could instead be earned by selling skins for them. Let the thirsty pervs buy bikini sets for the heroines, or whatever would come along. Cosmetics can fuel a game. In the end, it'll never be a 1:1 XI clone, though. Touch controls just don't exist to make that possible and we have to come to terms that some XI mechanics were also dumb even back in the day despite players taking advantage of them.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

ive always speculated that if XI mobile were to come out it would be f2p with gacha that would likely revolve around the trust system.
    there really are so many NPCs for them to pull from and if they really wanted to go full in on the Trust system they could introduce customization like seasonal glams for popular trusts and different stances / AI variations (which we already see in FFXI). throw in gacha exclusive collab trusts like heroes from other FFs and you know it will sell. provided said gacha trusts aren't terribly overpowered, we wont reach P2W levels (also it depends on the job)

the other thing i thought would make for good gacha is like gobbiebox pulling - but with more specific categories, like equipment or weapons and whatnot

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag