Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah I remember about a year ago Yoshi P said in an interview that he was asking the FFXI dev team to continually bring new ideas/problems to his attention so that he could justify keeping them there to the SE President. He felt if things with XI ever got too complacent there would be a lot of pressure to reallocate them to different projects…so it looks like that day has come.

Maintenance Mode+1: White Border Edition.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Bastards at SE, keep pumping out Forsaken and god awful games and then take out the losses on some of your only stable products. What a shame but most of us saw this miles away. Maybe one day someone with tons of money will invest it into XI and SE will allow it and not some private server lol.

Alternatively, they could jump on the shared sub idea with XIV, gauge population metrics, and utilize that to influence the production of future XI patches, expansions, and DLC. Or if we wanna be crazy, rebuild XI in the XIV 7.0 engine so they can shed that whole "decades old tech" excuse.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Any of that would be better than the literal millions wasted in projects like Forsaken. You literally have two stable MMOs with people actively paying and wanting to pay you more for content. They have so many whales on XI paying for 6 accounts and multiple mules for AMAN troves and lotteries yet they never even bothered to look into how they could implement paid race changes. They have so many opportunities to profit and get stable funds from their products and they willing pour it into failed NFT schemes and lame games. You just can't make it make sense.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

With how small their skeleton crew already was, operating under presumably a shoe-string budget, the loss of a single staff member was probably enough to tip it in this direction vs. trying to get someone new up to speed on whatever jank workflow they've been utilizing these past few years. Just is a bit of a sour note to announce while the game is still enjoying its 20th anniversary with whatever send-off finale TVR gives up.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Bastards at SE, keep pumping out Forsaken and god awful games and then take out the losses on some of your only stable products. What a shame but most of us saw this miles away. Maybe one day someone with tons of money will invest it into XI and SE will allow it and not some private server lol.
    Reality check, aisle 5.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Spaghetti code.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    Spaghetti code.
    Time to hire a rat that knows how to cook then.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Time to hire a rat that knows how to cook then.
    "Ratsui here, with another digest. This month we figured out the PLD empyrean body is causing unintentional damage spikes. However, we are busy cooking up virtualization and will not be addressing it. We would like players to work around it in the meantime. Please look forward to it."

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Was the Zeid thing referencing something specific?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I haven't played FF11 in a while, but that is a pretty good April Fools' Day thing lol.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That’s great stuff and really glad to see them have a sense of humor for a change

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    That’s great stuff and really glad to see them have a sense of humor for a change
    Easily the best quality April Fool's I have ever seen them do.

https://twitter.com/Spicyryan/status...yTgWKEHKA&s=19

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Famitsu interview with Fujito. He doesn’t say much that wasn’t already covered in his welcome letter, except for a couple fun tidbits.

He says he estimates most people will take about one year to finish the new weapon to completion, but if you were an early adopter you might get it done in 6 months. He says there are no plans to end FFXI anytime soon and that’s why they felt comfortable creating such a large time sink like the new weapons.

He says he wants FFXI to have more community driven events both ingame and outside of game. Used Conquest and world first races as examples.

He says the version update that was supposed to be in Dec 2022 was pushed back to Jan 2023 because their dev kits literally broke. But now they mostly work from virtual machines so failing dev kits is no longer a concern. I’m a bit dubious on that one…

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

So, getting one Eikondrite and ~20k Galli equals about 6 months worth of work for the new weapons in terms of completion?

How much of a head start can 2 stages really be?

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    So, getting one Eikondrite and ~20k Galli equals about 6 months worth of work for the new weapons in terms of completion?

How much of a head start can 2 stages really be?
    That's not what's being said. They are still to release more progression on the weapon. These things get steep quickly. That's what is at play. The other stuff is one single run, maybe two.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Think the hangup is the usage of "early adopter" which is why they mentioned the current stages. Since the next stage isn't out yet, saying that you'll finish 6 months earlier than someone else as an "early adopter" doesn't make any sense since everyone will start at the same point.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I would just interpret it as "hardcore who never misses a tag," but the gap between casuals and hardcores is typically way bigger than a 2x time difference unless there is an exponential back off in reward or something.

If it can be completed in 6 months, then that should mean it requires at most 180 Sortie runs. If he implies casuals will complete it in 1 year, that means the rewards remain individually distributed and he just has an unusually hardcore definition of casual.

SE historically has not understood their playerbase so I wouldn't put it past them to have this be like 180 basement boss clears.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag