+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43
    i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Andira View Post
    It is very bizarre tbh The game as it is now would work just fine with a fresh coat of paint. It's 'faster' and the grind portion really is not present anymore.
    Unfortunately, we can't expect new content. Who knows, maybe they will surprise us.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

https://we-are-vanadiel.finalfantasy...id=724&lang=en

Former XI devs talk about the development period around the launch of Chains of Promathia

Fun interview, interesting things I noticed:

Most of the XI team was disbanded after Rise of the Zilart so they were severely understaffed when developing CoP
    Despite this, it only took about one year of development time to be ready
    They wanted CoP to be accessible for first time players or those who had not yet reached the 75 cap, which is why so many level cap areas were introduced
    They originally wanted players to go to the ruins of Tavnazia proper as the hub city but it would be too resource heavy, instead we got the Tavnazian Safehold underground which worked the best from both a technical and story perspective in their vision
    They did not anticipate the difficulty spike in level cap areas, particularly in Promyvion areas and apologized for it
    They talked about how they created a unique way of creating Dynamis zones since instanced content was not yet a thing. They discussed different factors that determined drop rate for gear. Despite this, the drop rate for the RDM hat in particular was much more low than they had anticipated or estimated from Q&A groups and they apologized for it.

I feel validation finally I knew those fuckers had artificially low drop rates

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    https://we-are-vanadiel.finalfantasy...id=724&lang=en

Former XI devs talk about the development period around the launch of Chains of Promathia

Fun interview, interesting things I noticed:

Most of the XI team was disbanded after Rise of the Zilart so they were severely understaffed when developing CoP
    Despite this, it only took about one year of development time to be ready
    They wanted CoP to be accessible for first time players or those who had not yet reached the 75 cap, which is why so many level cap areas were introduced
    They originally wanted players to go to the ruins of Tavnazia proper as the hub city but it would be too resource heavy, instead we got the Tavnazian Safehold underground which worked the best from both a technical and story perspective in their vision
    They did not anticipate the difficulty spike in level cap areas, particularly in Promyvion areas and apologized for it
    They talked about how they created a unique way of creating Dynamis zones since instanced content was not yet a thing. They discussed different factors that determined drop rate for gear. Despite this, the drop rate for the RDM hat in particular was much more low than they had anticipated or estimated from Q&A groups and they apologized for it.

I feel validation finally I knew those fuckers had artificially low drop rates
    Sounds like the RDM hat solely wasn't a lower drop rate, but it's rate as a result of being pooled against other items was lower than intended.
    As someone who just spent 3 months messing with the drop tables for Dynamis from LSB, I can imagine.

Also, for being understaffed then versus later with the addons or anything after Adoulin. They did a great job.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag