Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

There is always bluestacks if you're not excited to play mobile games on an eye straining display that has to be held a half an arms length away or huddled over to view properly.

I doubt it will have any x-platform play if it is a new mmo experience and not just a way to port the story over to a solo play style so they can finally have a reason to pull the plug on the servers but still maintain a way for all numbered final fantasy titles to be played.

Not saying I want to see that happen but I could very much so see them think about that option.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It is very bizarre tbh The game as it is now would work just fine with a fresh coat of paint. It's 'faster' and the grind portion really is not present anymore.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I want to know if Nexon was given all of the actual source code to port over or if they are rebuilding the entire world from scratch. >_>;; I would not put it past SE to say "OK, we'll let you make it IF you can make it." and refuse to hand over server code for instance. lol If they are doing a full rebuild, that would definitely explain why it's been 3yrs since it was announced and still no sign of the actual game...

... I wonder how hard it would be to port the actual game over from Windows to Android.
    I'd assume that they're building it from scratch with their own engine/tools, but probably using the existing assets as a starting point. They have something like nine mobile MMOs in development, so it'd make sense if they've got a common base to build them on.
    Plus I'd imagine that it'll wind up segmented off into things that can be done in short bursts (and aided by a cash shop), as per most mobile games.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    There is always bluestacks if you're not excited to play mobile games on an eye straining display that has to be held a half an arms length away or huddled over to view properly.

I doubt it will have any x-platform play if it is a new mmo experience and not just a way to port the story over to a solo play style so they can finally have a reason to pull the plug on the servers but still maintain a way for all numbered final fantasy titles to be played.

Not saying I want to see that happen but I could very much so see them think about that option.
    I was not saying that I wanted to play the mobile/Android version on Windows. I was wondering how hard it would be to convert the current FFXI code for Windows into something that would work on Android. I imagine it would be just as large an undertaking as rebuilding from scratch, but if the current game was ported over, then it also might become easier to maintain for the devteam.
    I'm 99% sure that they already stated that Mobile was an entirely separate system, there would be no non-mobile version of it, and current accounts/characters would not be transferrable.

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    It is very bizarre tbh The game as it is now would work just fine with a fresh coat of paint. It's 'faster' and the grind portion really is not present anymore.
    SE, as a company, probably just doesn't want to deal with it anymore. This way allows the game to continue existing, players to keep playing/paying, and customor/company loyalties get to be maintained. They devs have been rather upfront about the hardware difficulties they face to keep this ship from sinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    I'd assume that they're building it from scratch with their own engine/tools, but probably using the existing assets as a starting point. They have something like nine mobile MMOs in development, so it'd make sense if they've got a common base to build them on.
    Plus I'd imagine that it'll wind up segmented off into things that can be done in short bursts (and aided by a cash shop), as per most mobile games.
    I kinda figured the same thing, which is what I was justifying the extremely long delay/development schedule with. I don't actually expect anyone at Nexon to know how to mess with PS2 programming. lol

Most modern FFXI content is designed w/ time limits built-in, so it wouldn't really take all that much adjustment to make it work. Maybe add a universal warp point to towns to act as a dungeon finder to reduce travel time, but the actual fights are not intended to take more than a few minutes and could work well as travel-sized gameplay.

The ONLY thing that really stuck w/ me from the early screenshots/mockups was THREE different buyable currencies at the top of the screen. -_-;;; Might've been more, but there were at least three...

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

There is no way that what we are getting on mobile is anything like the ffxi we used to know or even know today. All I can assume we are getting (if the project is ever released outside of japan, and isn't canceled in the first place) is a very watered down version with a similar world and other modernized assets that are familiar to ffxi. After the thousands of ads I've seen for their ffxv mobile adaption, is that most of the game will be pay to win.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Ironically FFXI is already pay2win since people don't even deny buying gil anymore, it's literally expected/supported/encouraged at this point by the entire playerbase

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Dev Tracker: Discussion II

Who the fuck needs to buy gil?!? Sparks print money.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

You think people who are so lazy they buy everything in the game through mercenaries are going to go out of their way to farm sparks? lol. Go read literally any FFXIAH thread

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Every MMO type game has a price and pay to win capability. The point is that it isn't coming from the company itself, at least that is how I see it. I don't see a problem with people buying gil honestly, its their money and time. I do see a problem with a company encouraging people to pay to get ahead of others though.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Who the fuck needs to buy gil?!?
    The same people who always needed to buy money in the past 15 years?
    People who have no time to play.
    People who have no patience.
    People who have no mules.
    People who have no friends.
    Blahblah, you name it, plenty of people.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Who the fuck needs to buy gil?!? Sparks print money.
    We're in an age where stealing is cool as long as you don't get caught though. Otherwise, it'd still be called "stealing" instead of "pirating".

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

And back to an actual new devpost!

JP1) The official reason for removing the Ex tag from shards/voids is now that they were becoming too much of a pressure on inventory. This change allows you to bazaar off the ones you really don't need. So, this is what they were talking about inventory in the FP... :/ Bah.. Was hoping for more on that front. They then say that they have no plans to make them POL sendable, since most of the items would just be hoarded on mules and item supply would decrease. -_-;; Which gets called out by others as a contradiction to their stated goal, but makes sense if there are just that few items going around since no one was bothering with doing the content.

Someone else pointed out that things in a bazaar still take up inventory space, so maybe they could be allowed to sell on AH as well (since AH slots don't take up bag space and will likely sell faster due to being searchable.) Devs said they "will consider it positively!"

Also, April update notice is up on POL:
    Quote Originally Posted by POL
    The next version update is scheduled for early April.

April brings along with it the monthly updates to Ambuscade, the addition of job-specific cape reforging slots, and the ability to trade multiple materials for reforging at once.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devposts:

JP1) Weekly devpost summary. Nothing new other than banter about Matsui's hay fever.

JP2) Someone complained that current campaigns are not listed on the actual front POL page. Makes sense that "this month's" events would be up front after all.. Website specifications limit it to 10x topics displayed at a time so please use the rotating banner (at the top of the frontpage) if you don't want to search past topics.

Man more constant bullshit from them lol.

If shards/voids are a burden, then stop fucking making job specific drops ffs. 22 omen cards are a burden on inventory too, better make those sellable.

We don't need footshard:run footshard:war footshard:whm footshard:blu footshard:blm just make fucking footshards.

The "problems" they always have are pretty damn simple fixes. > stop being retarded > problem solved.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    Man more constant bullshit from them lol.

If shards/voids are a burden, then stop fucking making job specific drops ffs. 22 omen cards are a burden on inventory too, better make those sellable.

We don't need footshard:run footshard:war footshard:whm footshard:blu footshard:blm just make fucking footshards.

The "problems" they always have are pretty damn simple fixes. > stop being retarded > problem solved.
    JSE acquisition method for JSE gear upgrades is not retarded. But there are 22 cards, but 220x D[D] upgrade mats. The level of burden is quite different. I think they also realized that there is a severe lack of interest in the content itself since there were so few profit opportunities involved and they needed to fix that. Doesn't mean that the gear will all of a sudden not-suck-ass, but at least now +2s are obtainable for everyone.. I know I've seen more yells for PUGs for this than before the change. And ironically, the most common WTB job so far that I've seen is lolMNK, so even if it's the lolJOB, people still obviously love it. XD

Monk is the most shouted for piece for a few reasons. Easiest to do "adequately". It's not as bad as the zealots make it seem. Banking on it getting adjusted so they have the gear before the prices skyrocket.

(yes, the weaponskills -are- bad, but that only matters to the 1% all the idiots thinking mnk is bad because the 1% say its bad is pretty hilarious.)

Assuran pickuptiergarbage dd it doesn't matter what job they are they're all equally bad.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    Monk is the most shouted for piece for a few reasons. Easiest to do "adequately". It's not as bad as the zealots make it seem. Banking on it getting adjusted so they have the gear before the prices skyrocket.

(yes, the weaponskills -are- bad, but that only matters to the 1% all the idiots thinking mnk is bad because the 1% say its bad is pretty hilarious.)

Assuran pickuptiergarbage dd it doesn't matter what job they are they're all equally bad.
    I know that MNK is not >THAT< bad due to having a blast w/ my MNK mule Pettanko. lol It amuses me that a no macro, no equipset, no GS, taru's white swings to match my 2h mules per hit (and MNK swings twice.) Her gear is nowhere near awesome other than the Comeuppances that the Unity Dial was kind enough to give me. lol

The point about the yells is not how good those groups are, only that there are more of them, which means the devs appear to have succeeded with their goals for the moment.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Depending on how you're doing this month's ambuscade, Monk can actually be pretty great for it.

Campaign
    BG Level

Shards/Void being sellable on AH would surely make for faster sells and slightly less load on inventory. I know I have like 20 inventory slots occupied by shards/void shit atm, it's a pain really.
    It's 10 potential inventory slots for each job.
    Imagine people who are gathering mats for multiple jobs, it's insane, period.

Granted on one hand I like that those items are job-specific, adds more "flavour" to farming runs.
    They should've made it in a different way though.
    With every shard/void (of the current zone) being a potential drop from EVERY monster, but then job-specific ones (i.e. related to the current monster's job) having a higher chance.
    NMs are fine like this, but having them job-bound for normal monsters as well is a bit of a pain imho.
    I mean, there are pros as well, I just would've liked it more if things were how I described them.

Wonder how long we'll have to wait for an entry cooldown reduction and how long for the first divergence campaign.
    May, maybe? Or am I being too optimistic? When did the first Omen campaign appear? Was it may? June? Omen launched in the same timeframe iir. November, just one year before Divergence.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Depending on how you're doing this month's ambuscade, Monk can actually be pretty great for it.
    Man, for Easy/normal I've been using a nothing special monk, holy shit when the moogle hundred fists, counters eat his face. Drop it 30% just from that. and then drop an 18k raging fists with 3k tp right after granted its not a 50k reso, but still neat.

and chi blast/shijin really cut down on time spent moving away from stewards

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag