Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Jeuno was always a clusterfuck. One bad pull could end your run. There was barely a place to recuperate when you were rolling 40-50 deep in 2004.
    I was frequently called on to make sac pulls as THF there. Remember "sac pulls"? lol
    The risk of de-leveling was REAL back then. @_@

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I was frequently called on to make sac pulls as THF there. Remember "sac pulls"? lol
    And then they'd all mock you

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I was the main pull/sac THF. maxed R.acc set and capped xbow skill, Acid Bolts, TH3, evasion set. I was awesome at it. I even got to keep any currency I mugged, which was nice when they were 35k/each. Fun times. It was a lot of pressure because poor timing on my part could wipe the entire run but luckily it didn't happen often.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    We used to have organized XP/Merit parties for our Sac pullers, to keep them capped between events. lol

The good old days.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I was the main pull/sac THF. maxed R.acc set and capped xbow skill, Acid Bolts, TH3, evasion set. I was awesome at it. I even got to keep any currency I mugged, which was nice when they were 35k/each. Fun times. It was a lot of pressure because poor timing on my part could wipe the entire run but luckily it didn't happen often.
    I remember there used to be drama in some dynamis linkshells with greedy leaders demanding the THFs hand over their personal stolen currency. Definitely don't miss those days
    (those leaders were also often the same ones that would steal the bank and hop servers, lol)

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    We used to have organized XP/Merit parties for our Sac pullers, to keep them capped between events. lol

The good old days.
    Well, I was BRD main so exp/merits were never an issue for me. That didn't prevent deleveling when you went from lv75 capped exp down to 74 tho. >_>

We didn't have the fancy exp buffers or stupidly reduced exp loss on Raise, or Arise, or etc. back in my day. Spoiled kids nowadays. /harumph
    XD

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You most certainly had exp buffers back in the day; that hasn't changed any.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    You most certainly had exp buffers back in the day; that hasn't changed any.
    Compare TNL for 75 vs 99. <,<;; Factor in the increased exp loss on death back then and what we had was a LOT smaller than what we have now. I like now better. <3

Quote Originally Posted by jacobs67 View Post
    I remember there used to be drama in some dynamis linkshells with greedy leaders demanding the THFs hand over their personal stolen currency. Definitely don't miss those days
    (those leaders were also often the same ones that would steal the bank and hop servers, lol)
    If a shell leader told you to give them the cucu you were able to steal, your first and only response should've been "fuck you"

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

or give them shall shells. TNL @ 75 cap with 2400 xp loss on death/raisens was still a heavy hit. Home pointing was 10% (4500ish I think?) sac pulling usually meant you needed a day or so to recap xp loss from purposeful deaths during dyna back then. Those were the only deaths that ever felt worth it back then, despite knowing it was an hour of exp needed to get that back.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New stuffs:

JP1) Freshly Picked 37 broadcast is scheduled for Feb. 8, 2000JST/0300PST/0600EST -_-;;; Not gonna guarantee that I'll be awake for it.
    (YouTube / NicoNico) They will be going over DD-Windurst, and they are planning to respond to questions asked during the broadcast on the OF. I recommend YT unless you have a premium account on Nico.

JP2) Weekly devpost summary: Nothing new.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Delayed View Post
    or give them shall shells. TNL @ 75 cap with 2400 xp loss on death/raisens was still a heavy hit. Home pointing was 10% (4500ish I think?) sac pulling usually meant you needed a day or so to recap xp loss from purposeful deaths during dyna back then. Those were the only deaths that ever felt worth it back then, despite knowing it was an hour of exp needed to get that back.
    Yeah, and not to mention getting EXP as a THF at 75 was fucking hell, unless you were privlidged in your LS and got into good Bard parties. After TOAU, THF were not terrible for Colibri/Imp parties, but pre-TOAU, people typically meritted off of Weapons in Sky or in Lufaise Meadows. THF weren't as desired as WAR, NIN, MNKs were and were usually paired up with DRK and DRG in 2nd rate merit parties in Lufaise Meadows off of IT+ Rams/Rocs . If you were a smart THF, you capped xbow though and had an r.acc set and pumped those mobs with Acid Bolts for quicker kills, but alas most THF didn't (and still don't, despite how good of a debuff -12.5% def is)

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ahhh the days of rams and rocs. Good times....no wait...they were terrible.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Remember when all the colibri/mamool merit camps were packed full and someone went "Guess we'll go to the troll camp" and you could hear everyone groan simultaneously?

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Mean while, BLMs out in halvung like: FUCKOFF we got FLANS! AND A ZONE LINE!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Remember when all the colibri/mamool merit camps were packed full and someone went "Guess we'll go to the troll camp" and you could hear everyone groan simultaneously?
    I wish that Sanction didn't grant an EXP bonus so that other camps outside of TOAU could still be worthwhile. Bibiki Bay was still decent, as was Sky and KRT. Basically allow you to choose your camp based off party composition.

Anyway, the camp I hated the most was Kuftal Tunnel bottom floor. Tigers, Wyverns, and Cocktrices....

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    Ahhh the days of rams and rocs. Good times....no wait...they were terrible.
    But you could get 7k/hour! Think how many merits that is!

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I loved my free warp with meriting on BRD at colibri. You sing the charm song and it reflects it back and people kill you and you don't lose XP. Strange to think it was so long ago lol.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    I loved my free warp with meriting on BRD at colibri. You sing the charm song and it reflects it back and people kill you and you don't lose XP. Strange to think it was so long ago lol.
    You used to lose exp if you died while charmed, they changed that in an update though, probably around the early ToAU era

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    Mean while, BLMs out in halvung like: FUCKOFF we got FLANS! AND A ZONE LINE!
    Ah yeah that 1 merit per hour goodness

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag