Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast

There's nothing that says an XI gacha couldn't exist and might even be decent. The historical problem here, of course, are the classic purists that shit on any inclination that it wouldn't be their precious CoP 75-cap game and would otherwise be modernized in various ways to be mobile friendly.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It'd definitely appeal to me if done right, but you're correct, the XI Purists would never ever touch it, most of them REEEEEE at the mere mention of the word "mobile" lol. I don't think this game was ever destined to attract that particular audience... but if they added more broad FF Appeal... I think it might have found some footing.

Not as some shitty ass TCG hybrid that Nexon was turning it into though.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    There's nothing that says an XI gacha couldn't exist and might even be decent. The historical problem here, of course, are the classic purists that shit on any inclination that it wouldn't be their precious CoP 75-cap game and would otherwise be modernized in various ways to be mobile friendly.
    Nothing with the word gacha in it is ever going to be decent.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I will always use “Another Eden” as an example of a very good mobile game that I often forget even has gacha mechanics.

AE isn't perfect, but they're also not nearly as scummy as other options. That said, I agree with the implied sentiment that compromising features for cash grab can go downhill very fast. In theory, every character could be acquirable without utilizing gacha, but instead via quest/mission progress. Money could instead be earned by selling skins for them. Let the thirsty pervs buy bikini sets for the heroines, or whatever would come along. Cosmetics can fuel a game. In the end, it'll never be a 1:1 XI clone, though. Touch controls just don't exist to make that possible and we have to come to terms that some XI mechanics were also dumb even back in the day despite players taking advantage of them.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

ive always speculated that if XI mobile were to come out it would be f2p with gacha that would likely revolve around the trust system.
    there really are so many NPCs for them to pull from and if they really wanted to go full in on the Trust system they could introduce customization like seasonal glams for popular trusts and different stances / AI variations (which we already see in FFXI). throw in gacha exclusive collab trusts like heroes from other FFs and you know it will sell. provided said gacha trusts aren't terribly overpowered, we wont reach P2W levels (also it depends on the job)

the other thing i thought would make for good gacha is like gobbiebox pulling - but with more specific categories, like equipment or weapons and whatnot

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.pcgamer.com/amp/life-in-...ike-any-other/

Singleplayer version is under consideration.

Matsui and Fujito chimed in together in response to this. "Truth be told, creating an offline, single-player version of FF11 is something that is very appealing to us on the development staff as well! Just like the players, the development team feels it would be a shame that the creations we poured our hearts and souls into for so long would eventually disappear and not be accessible at all."

"Unfortunately, when we think about it from a logistical standpoint, it’s not as simple as just running our current FF11 data and program source through a conversion tool to create this experience. I’m confident it would likely require a development team big enough for a single, large-scale project of the current generation. As a single player experience, there would be parts of the game that simply could not be recreated faithfully from the original, and even for parts we can recreate, there would be debate on whether we should faithfully recreate it, or whether we should change it up into something more current. More than anything, when thinking about the 'FF11 experience,' [we] believe the existence of other players and a community plays a much bigger role than we may think."

"When we are working on content updates, we utilize a limited, single-player environment for debugging," Fujito said. "But we all agree that there is this feeling that something is 'off' when we’re using that version of the game, and it almost feels like a lifeless world where time has stopped. How to fill that emptiness will be a difficult task.”

Fortunately, this doesn't mean a singleplayer version is out of the question. "As you can see, there are various issues that we would need to overcome," Fujito said. "However, an offline singleplayer version of the game is definitely an appealing proposal. If we can find a happy medium that is not only satisfactory and meaningful for us as creators, but more importantly something that would be appealing to the players, then we would like to take on that challenge.”

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd welcome a FFXI offline in the same style as FF12 or Xenoblade Chronicles. They should rightfully allow you to make a custom character, more in depth like XIV, let you chose your starter nation, and just have party members be the major NPCs, perhaps entering/leaving party along the way. I think he's right in the idea it'd need a large scale team, I don't think just porting current XI into single player would work, you'd basically need to reengineer the game to fit single player, but there is frame-work for it to work, games like FF12 and the Xenoblade Chronicles series all kinda have that XI vibe, Xenoblade especially with the enemy levels and NMs existing, including NMs with specific spawn conditions, weather, and time of day.

Thing their biggest hurdle would be finding a way to deal with itemization, gear and such. I'd love if they kept as faithful to XI as they could, but XI's items were built for an MMO, they'd definitely need to redo the concept in some degree. But by this point, you're basically making a different game, but I think that would be a good thing to some degree, XI I think would look gorgeous as a modern era single player game. You'd probably still need to make the Expansions actual expansions, no way the game could fit in one go.

Its true, some of the experience would be lost moving it to Single player, but I also think it could make for a pretty compelling single player game with some work here and there, not to mention bringing the amazing music of XI to a wider audience would be a bonus. But we live in the worst timeline so it probably wont happen, but its good to know the Devs have thought about it and thought about how shit it would be for the servers to one day just be turned off and that entire beautiful made world is gone, essentially forever.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

If you can't re-live the drama of hoping your LSmate's claim botting tool beats some other guy's bot in Aery, why are you even playing the game? Single player? Where's the drama in a single player game? Where's the sense of community?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Hundreds if not thousands of hours of mission and quest content that you can clear with trusts.

I believe this answer was super hypothetical, though, like "if we had the resources, single player is something we would like to pursue."

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Offline XI would be a better 12

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Lightning Returns type gameplay.
    Xenoblade 1/2 aesthetic.

That wasn't so hard now, was it?

Yeah, an offline mode isn't conceptually much of a stretch with current systems, but I would certainly expect the equipment/inventory system to take the most dramatic change in the transition since you probably won't see gear swapping and have some formulae retooled. There are some aspects that will need specific attention, though, like Nyzul lamps or certain assaults that are pretty rough to do solo. Granted, I'd be most interested in it solely if they made some significant graphic updates, redid songs with better instrumental, and of course added music to the long list of areas without.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If i recall right, one of the Sword Art games had gear-swapping integrated into it right? I mean they could technically make gear swaps a thing, but yah, realistically I'd expect changes.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Would you need the grind times for content if the entire game was premised around playing solo? Would you need relic to require that much currency at the same drop-rate in dynamis if only one person was playing the game? Would people want a perfect conversion of the game, warts and all? Which version would people want, as well? Vanilla? Expacs included? The ability to switch between versions? Between patch versions?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Personally my vision/want for it was more looking for like, a FF7R situation. Same world/characters/story(ahem) and all, based on the FFXI universe, but a new game on its own. Not really just taking FFXI online and giving you a solo mode with a dead empty world meant for thousands of people.

Pick a starter City, create a character, and play a "made for single player XI", key story characters join your party through the game, and occasionally leave (Big cast, think FF6 with less death). I'd like to keep the combat very similar, as well as the world and such. NMs, etc, like FF12 and the Xenoblade series, update it to be an enjoyable single player experience. Like I can't give you a full game run-down 1 for 1 here but I could definitely shoot shit with you about what I'd love to see vs what I think could be removed for single player lol.

Think a game as big as XI would probably need to have DLC/Expansions to cover each major MMO expansion. But I think Default/ROTZ could be its own base game and be awesome, having the Sky gods/Ground Kings be "After story" Megabosses like traditional FF games have. Wouldn't even been terribly hard to translate MMO version into single player, just remove the RNG spawn times and have them be instanced/fought content, but gotta work your way through each of the pop NMs to spawn the minor one to get to Kirin, with the exception of it not needing to be farmed over and over and just being a one-time deal.

Behemoth's Dominion, Boyhada Tree, and Cape Terrigan could all be "Post game Dungeons" unlocked after the main story adding more content to do, Sky obviously unlocked as the final area for the ROTZ story with the Gods being only spawnable after the main story is done. I mean, the more I think about it, the more I could see how a Single-player "remake" of XI could work.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I just want to see them put out a Remastered version of ff11. Or allow the current system to be updated with new HD textures basically and just leave everything else the same. Those screenshots of the mobile version were gorgeous.

They do have things you can download to improve the graphics/HD textures of the current game prowlaz, but I also would greatly like to see a remastered version of FF11

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

A remastering of XI is to basically end the game and relaunch it. There is absolutely no reason to "remaster" a game developed on a PS2 kit that is on borrowed time. So it will not happen without starting fresh, and that means the game is gone. It never be a 1:1 conversion, and likely never pass the muster of cost benefit analysis.

So everyone will have to take their third party mods and like it or just deal with it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...85/detail.html

Yoji Fujito will take over as producer of FINAL FANTASY XI for Akihiko Matsui, who has acted as producer on the game since August 1, 2012. The entering and exiting producers would like to share a few words with the players.
    The most important part would be this Fujito quote I'd say:

First, I'd like to talk about our Development team. Most of our current Development team has served exclusively on FINAL FANTASY XI for many years. Remaining on the FFXI team full-time, however, would mean giving up certain opportunities in their careers as developers. For developers, working with new technologies and seeing the fruits of their labor take form in new products can be a huge source of motivation and an opportunity to grow. So rather than limit our developers to working exclusively with FFXI and its decades-old technology, I believe it would be better to allow them to gain experience in other development environments and bring back their learnings to FFXI. As such, I have elected to further downscale the scope of our Development team to provide more leeway for our operations to continue. The scope of our version updates will become quite compact as a result, but in exchange, we will focus on stabilizing our operations environment for the medium and long term.
    Basically, game is switching from bare bone updates and maintenance-mode into... uber-maintenance-mode

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag