BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by LidenbokValour View Post
    So with the announcement of the first Fanfest since 2012, are you expecting any big news?
    I think the only reason they’d hold a fan fest again is to either announce the end of the game or a new expansion. And I doubt they would end the game when it is still bringing in such a profit. So, against all odds, my prediction is a new FFXI expansion announced for 2019.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    I think the only reason they’d hold a fan fest again is to either announce the end of the game or a new expansion. And I doubt they would end the game when it is still bringing in such a profit. So, against all odds, my prediction is a new FFXI expansion announced for 2019.
    I'd love to hop on that hype train and it would certainly explain a lot if they have been secretly developing a new expansion for the last few years. But realistically could it be possible? We know they have been working with a skeleton team for a long time now. (I know they recently confirmed they have recruited some more people, which could heavily insinuate they took on more artists and coders for a new xpac)

This has came out of no where and the fact it's quite a large scale Fanfest with celebrities and stuff, it definitely seems we have something to look forward too.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

They already announced FFXI is profitable and will be supported for the foreseeable future. I'd expect at minimum mini expansions.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

They have been dropping hints for months that they would be announcing something major in the fall, right?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    The most likely thing is that the mobile version is finally ready to show, so they're putting together an event that'll actually get some media coverage. Perhaps a fanfest is better bang for the buck for media exposure than running an ad campaign.

What's probably more likely on the PC side is seeing them drop some of those assets in, or otherwise start on improving textures and the like. Given that we're seeing people making HD mods like that anyway, it wouldn't surprise me if SE decided to try and do the same thing over the course of 2019 or something. Ideally, we'd probably also see an engine update (or port to something more modern), but that might be less likely.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I doubt they would add new jobs this late in the game, especially with how difficult it's been to balance jobs, historically (given abilities, spells, merits, job points, job-specific gear, ultimate weapons, etc. I can see them adding mini expansions that tie up some loose ends of the story (THERE ARE SO MANY).

One really cool expansion idea, which likely would never happen, but it would be so fucking cool if there was a time-warp thingy where we can visit OLD Tavnazia and fight in the original battle of Tavnazia during the Crystal War. Kinda Dynamis-like, but mixed in with Campaign/Besieged. Tarus casting Meteors and shit.

Seems like the mobile game is the logical answer here.

Then again, square enix has absolutely zero concept of what logic is or means, so, literally anything/everything is on the table.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They've repeatedly mentioned that they're completely out of space for new spells and job abilities, so implementing new jobs would be basically impossible without switching to a completely new engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    They've repeatedly mentioned that they're completely out of space for new spells and job abilities, so implementing new jobs would be basically impossible without switching to a completely new engine.
    They say a lot things. They also lie about those things.

They could also go ahead and delete about 14 jobs from the game since they just insist on letting certain jobs be broken as fuck. That clears up a lot of space.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You know they can't actually do that.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

"We can't add new abilities or spells because we're running out of room." Meanwhile, monstrosity has a few hundred monster WS, which are separate from the real monster versions, and would have been at least doubled in number if they ever finished it.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    PS2 Limitations.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Hasnt SE already said once or twice before that they cant add anything new then low and behold...shits added!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

ps2 devkits are really magic hats with rabbits inside.

Also leaning toward mobile version. Honorable mention to HD texture pack (For $19.99!), I guess.

There's also a greater than 0% chance of mini expansions (abyssea zones) for Empyrean+3

I can't really see them adding more things to existing zones. and it's a hell of a cash grab.

1) mobile 2) abyssea 3) psyche, games ending (again)

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

"Can't add anything new" is their way of saying "we could, but it would mean pouring 100% effort into it over several months, which really cramps our 1 update/month style". TBH they can do it now that each month's patch includes some minor edits to existing content, like adding 1 fight (reskin mob, changed stats, and new gear which is actually existing models of old gear just with different stats).

I would have loved if they culled job abilites for non-magic jobs and added new ones to freshen things up. Or repurpose some of the situational ones (like Circle effects), or add new weapon skills. Lot of mages got some super awesome spells from job points while melees got...some extra DA/TA/STP/Quirky trait.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

It certainly doesn't help that they've backed themselves into a wall with certain spells, they cannot introduce a Protectga6 or shellga6 without completely fucking the point of merits for whm unless they want to make the merits universal across all tiers of spells and ga spells become scrolls of some sort.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

They can easily make Protectga V/Shellga V into scrolls, then simply convert those merits into "Protect Effect+" and "Shell Effect+". In fact I hope they do this. I mean, they gave Dragoon "Strafe" for free, and then allowed the Merit to enhance it. They could do the same with spells.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Hasnt SE already said once or twice before that they cant add anything new then low and behold...shits added!
    Nope, they haven't. For a long time they were saying they were running out of room for spells and JAs, but it was only recently that they said they were completely out of room.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag