BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    You still have to do them but with how OP you are at 119 it’s not as bothersome as it once was.
    Doing the killshot WS trials is rougher than you would think. Have to fight the right mobs that allow you to build enough tp without killing them, but weak enough to take down with the WS reliably. Working on mandau, I don't know how many times triple attack activated when they were almost dead and screwed up my chance for a kill shot, or a random zephyr wind ate the attack. What I'm trying to say is that even at 119, fighting puks suck.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Nothing is worse than Atonement kill shots for RME trials.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Xantavia View Post
    Doing the killshot WS trials is rougher than you would think. Have to fight the right mobs that allow you to build enough tp without killing them, but weak enough to take down with the WS reliably. Working on mandau, I don't know how many times triple attack activated when they were almost dead and screwed up my chance for a kill shot, or a random zephyr wind ate the attack. What I'm trying to say is that even at 119, fighting puks suck.
    You can do all WS trials pretty efficiently in Abyssea, though the Atonement ones suck dick no matter what.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Cant afk bot in Abyssea

I mean, I would never do that.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

You need a better bot. :D

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Someone made a bot that will open chests in Abyssea? lol

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Yes since the cruor days lol, theres a bot for everything I'm sure.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

And chests in Escha. Stacks on stacks of eschite ore.

IIRC I wrote one to open chests in Abyssea (up to the point that I was parsing augments for gold box items) but never pulled the trigger on seriously farming rings because I couldn't stand the possibility of wasting so much gil from useless gold chest dark rings but also didn't want to zone out of Abyssea and also didn't want to sell to the zone NPC.

PS. don't message me for the bot because it probably doesn't work anymore and I haven't turned my FFXI computer on in about six months

PPS. Anything that you can do, a well made bot can do tirelessly and comparably.

Basically nothing a bot cant do, problem is being able to write said bot, because all the people who can are usually pretty selfish about it. (justifiably, but still selfish)

Escha box opener would pay for itself in ores if someone were to charge for it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

more often than not I'd chalk it up to self-preservation rather than ego. The surest way to have something taken away is to multiply the number of users

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Charging for it will also draw the ire of SE, since you're profiting off their product.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I would never sell a bot for a few reasons, most cynical of which is that the headache of supporting buyers is not worth the petty cash.

If anyone is thinking about distributing a bot that they've made, I would recommend that they not give it to anyone that will use it in a way that gets them banned or redistribute it. Too much of my LS got banned from the first time I shared the bot I made when it seemed that SE was done banning people for anything. That kind of double-sucked because 1) many of the people I knew were gone and 2) it meant they using the bot in ways that got them reported AKA hurting the server.

At some point, I realized that I was having more fun making FFXI bots than playing FFXI, so that became the game for me. I was mildly interested in seeing if we could convene Bot Olympics at some point and put all the different bots people have written head to head with various challenges (competitive autofarming, pathfinding between randomly selected points in Morimar, time/completion% spamming Salvage, etc.) and maybe have some bot talent show things (doing random BCNMs, multi-character coordination, etc.) but now I've quit and Bob probably doesn't work anymore anyway. His grandchildren could probably compete if their maintainers could find each other, though.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Bob ought stay dead. Eternally Perfect

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

RIP Bob u were 2 perfect 5 this wurld

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I had a thing for Gold Chests, though it was more of a calculator that read packets for each hint and gave you the most likely solution based on the # of hints and tries left remaining. It worked about 85% of the time, but of course there were still times were down to a 33%-50% chance because the hints were trash. It was cool for Gold Chests, but it was more useful for Treasure Caskets which they put the fucking torques in. I think I spent about 80 hours in Gustav Tunnel trying to get the cooking torque and I must have opened about 900 chests to no avail.

And the magian elemental staves were the bane of my existence. Yugl and I spent weeks in Abyssea trading off BLU cleaving mobs on certain elemental days to do this for both damage and accuracy staves. It was so boring and so annoying, but it did pay off for some of the staves (Thunder and Ice were cool, but Dark was amazing for Cataclysm). Most people were doing the damage staves but we also made ones for magic accuracy, which was killing mobs with an elemental fucking debuff on. The byproduct of this is, it's what sparked the whole debate of which element matches each debuff, and we were surprised to find that even though Shiva's Sleepga has an ice-elemental icon, it's still counted as a dark debuff as far as resistance was concerned. And this would have been a hell of an endeavor without BLU and their AoE Magic Defense Down/Frost /Magic Attack Down debuffs, not to mentioned Charged Whisker and all it's beautiful glory. Fuck, I loved BLU during Abyssea/Voidwatch. Definitely MVP of that content.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Y'know, the Magian staves were some of my favorite content from back then, as crazy as that may sound. I found all sorts of camps for the different trials in zones where the necessary weather would pop. Some of my fondest memories from that time were scouting around mostly empty zones and discovering things I'd never seen before. I remember training half of the Den of Rancor during water weather, scorpions in Attohwa Chasm, I think cockatrice in Meriphataud [S], skeletons in Eldieme, lots of Vunkerl Inlet and Pashhow [S]. I had an assembly line of staves lined up so I could check the weather NPCs and go where the getting was good. Burning things all OP'd in Abyssea when it was possible was fun too. BLU was okay for making the thunder recast staff en masse for the Legion stunners, but I stuck to SCH and SMN for those as much as possible so I wouldn't have to do the entire set of trials for each staff twice.

BLU was great fun but whisker burning was really the only thing it was truly great for. I still think NIN was the king of Abyssea. It had 10/13 red procs, a couple yellows, all 3 killshot types available, really good DPS with Kannagi and :Hi, and it could handle duoing things like the 3rd-tier wyrms and the stuff that could 1-shot with Migawari. I won't argue that other jobs couldn't do some of those things better, but NIN really brought the most to the table in there.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So new automaton attachments and attachment adjustments in March. It's a start I guess but the job needs automaton adjustments period.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Delete POP

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lyltia View Post
    Y'know, the Magian staves were some of my favorite content from back then, as crazy as that may sound. I found all sorts of camps for the different trials in zones where the necessary weather would pop. Some of my fondest memories from that time were scouting around mostly empty zones and discovering things I'd never seen before. I remember training half of the Den of Rancor during water weather, scorpions in Attohwa Chasm, I think cockatrice in Meriphataud [S], skeletons in Eldieme, lots of Vunkerl Inlet and Pashhow [S]. I had an assembly line of staves lined up so I could check the weather NPCs and go where the getting was good.
    This so much

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    RIP Bob u were 2 perfect 5 this wurld
    nuuuu ;_;

I wonder if alex, who was heavily based on bob, still works... (if only they'd remove that restriction on arrapago i'd probably reactivate just to try and loop it <_<)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag