Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

For what it's worth, you can use Mote's Modes library independently from the rest of his Gearswap stuff. Modes is pretty useful when you get the hang of it.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Is there a fonction that check for Skillchain so i can create a rule to cast specific spell on said skillchain element?

Quote Originally Posted by darkreign View Post
    Is there a fonction that check for Skillchain so i can create a rule to cast specific spell on said skillchain element?
    no and you would have to figure it out on your own

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Any big downsides to using Ashitacast over Gearswap? I come from the Spellcast era (been gone for 7-8 or so years now) and I'm having a very hard time wrapping my head around lua as I'm not familiar with the language.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    Any big downsides to using Ashitacast over Gearswap? I come from the Spellcast era (been gone for 7-8 or so years now) and I'm having a very hard time wrapping my head around lua as I'm not familiar with the language.
    for what is built in not realy
    -except for the differences in coding language

how ever with gearswap you have access to almost everything that you can access in windowers lua api if you chose to add it your self
    -like Events/etc.

once you understand the differences between lua and xml you will find lua to be better then xml

here is a quick reference for differences from spellcast to gearswap
    https://pastebin.com/GLdhjSuR

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

lol I come from 2008 Try playing now from my perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by lordofonzozo4 View Post
    lol I come from 2008 Try playing now from my perspective.
    trust me lua i vary easy to learn and eaiser to do advanced things in
    here are some tut's
    http://supernovaffxi.wikia.com/wiki/...arSwap_Lessons
    https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/4...p-for-dummies/

Campaign
    BG Level

In some of my Luas I make use of the disable/enable commands to avoid swapping my mainhand/offhand when I'm engaged.
    It works perfectly but under some circumstances I remain with my MH/OH "disabled".
    The "disable" part happens in the function status_change(new,old), with a simple "if new == 'Engaged' then", works flawlessly.
    The "enable" part happens in the same function, in a consequent "else" within the if described above, and this is where things work a bit less flawlessly.

For instance if I die while engaged there won't be a "disengage" status_change, so I will remain locked.
    Likewise sometimes if the monster I'm engaged gets... I dunno, killed too quickly in a laggy zone? Packetloss? Whatever, I don't know what happens and it's very rare, but sometimes when shit dies too fast it's like the game doesn't "see" I've been disengaged for whatever reason and hence the "enable" part of my status_change function doesn't get processed.

Can anybody think of a very simple and straightforward way to avoid this? Or do I just have to eat it because the cause is a packet-loss and nothing we can do about it?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I also see the same thing in the pet job luas that I've written, if something gets one-shotted from a Ready/BP. I'm pretty sure it's probably due to me not knowing what I'm doing when working with pet functions in my case tho. ><;; In your case, have you tried ending that IF and starting a new one for other statuses? Something like:
    Code:
    function status_change(new,old)
    	if new == "Engaged" then 
    		...disable code...
    	end
    	if new == "Idle" then
    		...enable code...
    	end
    end
    It's not as pretty as ELSE functions, but I'm pretty sure it should work since I've used similar structure before.

Campaign
    BG Level

Hmm, that might be worth a shot.
    Is there a "status" state for death?
    Where can I find a list of all possible statuses?

Going this route I'm confident I could totally avoid the "death" error, probably not the other one though, I'm not even sure what causes it. If it's a packetloss I'm afraid there's no way to avoid it.

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Hmm, that might be worth a shot.
    Is there a "status" state for death?
    Where can I find a list of all possible statuses?

Going this route I'm confident I could totally avoid the "death" error, probably not the other one though, I'm not even sure what causes it. If it's a packetloss I'm afraid there's no way to avoid it.
    Status list here: https://github.com/Windower/Resource...a/statuses.lua

Also found in your windower install directory/res/statuses.lua

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Also could try:
    Code:
    function status_change(new,old)
    	if new ~= "Engaged" then 
    		...enable code...
    	else ...disable code...
    	end
    end
    It shouldn't be possible to miss the "engage" packet, and with the default shifted to "not equal to engaged", it might work better. At the very least, this method should reset to "enabled" by resting. ^^;;

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    It shouldn't be possible to miss the "engage" packet, and with the default shifted to "not equal to engaged", it might work better. At the very least, this method should reset to "enabled" by resting. ^^;;
    gearswap does not watch packets for engaged it uses windowers windower.register_event('status change',function(new,old) to do it
    so if windower does not trigger it wont trigger status_change function
    and if new or old are Dead,Engaged dead,Event it wont trigger status_change function eather

edit--
    if you want to watch packets for status change you would need to watch 0x00D,0x037(and possibly others) packets

Relic Shield
    BG Level

if there isnt a status for death you can prolly use weakened status ?

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    if there isnt a status for death you can prolly use weakened status ?
    realy idle,engaged,etc, should be called status while status effects like weakness should be called buffs
    but i suppose you could look for weakness in buffs how ever it will only show if you are raised not if you teleport back to your home point

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dlsmd View Post
    gearswap does not watch packets for engaged it uses windowers windower.register_event('status change',function(new,old) to do it
    so if windower does not trigger it wont trigger status_change function
    and if new or old are Dead,Engaged dead,Event it wont trigger status_change function eather

edit--
    if you want to watch packets for status change you would need to watch 0x00D,0x037(and possibly others) packets
    The primary issue is when player/pet status goes from Idle > Engaged > Idle too quickly, which causes some sort of trigger failure. Is it likely that Windower/GearSwap are getting hit w/ a timing conflict and ignoring the 2nd set of instructions?
    EX:
    * Kill target with WS/Ready.
    ** Attempt to enter normal aftercast code.
    ** Attempt to enter status change code. < Gets ignored since already executing aftercast code at this time?

If this is what's happening, what kind of solutions should we be looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    The primary issue is when player/pet status goes from Idle > Engaged > Idle too quickly, which causes some sort of trigger failure. Is it likely that Windower/GearSwap are getting hit w/ a timing conflict and ignoring the 2nd set of instructions?
    EX:
    * Kill target with WS/Ready.
    ** Attempt to enter normal aftercast code.
    ** Attempt to enter status change code. < Gets ignored since already executing aftercast code at this time?

If this is what's happening, what kind of solutions should we be looking for?
    as far as i know its windower that has the trigger error not gearswap as all other functions run by gearswap are put in via packets
    so only the status_change function gets skipped like this not because of gearswap but because of windower

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Already Banned
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I was wondering, is gearswap able to detect which SAM roll you currently have and based on that information equip different gear sets?

Also another question I have this.

Code:
    function update_combat_weapon()
    	state.CombatWeapon:set(player.equipment.range)
    end
    It swaps to the propper midcast RA set when weapon is draw, however when idle it doesnt. How do it make it so it also works when using RA when weapon isn't drawn?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

as a cor in a roll specific code you can call spell.value i think it is and it will tell you the roll, but as a non cor i dont think so but dont quote me on that

like:

if phantom roll then
    if spell.value = 12 then
    ect
    ect
    ect

tried:
    if player.status == 'Idle' and player.in_combat then
    maybe?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Already Banned
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    as a cor in a roll specific code you can call spell.value i think it is and it will tell you the roll, but as a non cor i dont think so but dont quote me on that

like:

if phantom roll then
    if spell.value = 12 then
    ect
    ect
    ect

tried:
    if player.status == 'Idle' and player.in_combat then
    maybe?
    Cant get it to work out of combat. It works when im in engage mode. Otherwise, when im out of combat and not engaged it just uses generic RA set instead of sets.midcast.RA.Annihilator.

Code:
    function job_status_change(newStatus, oldStatus, eventArgs)
    	update_combat_weapon()
    end

function job_update(cmdParams, eventArgs)
    	update_combat_weapon()
    end

function update_combat_weapon()
    	state.CombatWeapon:set(player.equipment.range)
    end

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag