Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 394
  1. #41
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,867
    BG Level
    6

    yea that looks like motes kinda crap which is too smart for me, i personally use stuff like "if engaged or (idle and incombat) then" for like my mages in a situation by situation basis. like say if i lose the buff refresh and im either engaged or idle and in battle to recast it, otherwise im not in battle and i dont want it casting it over and over say like it wears off as i run by some arcana

  2. #42
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,181
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    WTF are sidecars and where can I find documentation on them? >_>

  3. #43

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    WTF are sidecars and where can I find documentation on them? >_>
    Mote never posted any info on them as far as i know

  4. #44
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,181
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by dlsmd View Post
    Mote never posted any info on them as far as i know
    So, it's a mote-onry thing? Or mostly used w/ mote, but applicable outside of it as well?

  5. #45
    Radsourceful

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,964
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    WTF are sidecars and where can I find documentation on them? >_>
    https://github.com/Kinematics/GearSwap-Jobs/wiki - specifically https://github.com/Kinematics/GearSwap-Jobs/wiki/Files > "Optional Files"

    It's a way of saying you can pull your gear out of the logic part of your file - largely most people seem to write it right into the main job.lua and it's not used.

    In a general case, you could always write your own includes to do the same thing - it's not strictly a mote thing, but there is already handling for it there.

  6. #46
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,181
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by Radec View Post
    https://github.com/Kinematics/GearSwap-Jobs/wiki - specifically https://github.com/Kinematics/GearSwap-Jobs/wiki/Files > "Optional Files"

    It's a way of saying you can pull your gear out of the logic part of your file - largely most people seem to write it right into the main job.lua and it's not used.

    In a general case, you could always write your own includes to do the same thing - it's not strictly a mote thing, but there is already handling for it there.
    Thank you very much. I've heard the term tossed around a bit, but never had a clear understanding of precisely what it meant or how it worked. Also, BAH! They overwrite/override the functions in the main file.. Was kinda hoping they appended stuff to existing functions. >_<;;

  7. #47

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Thank you very much. I've heard the term tossed around a bit, but never had a clear understanding of precisely what it meant or how it worked. Also, BAH! They overwrite/override the functions in the main file.. Was kinda hoping they appended stuff to existing functions. >_<;;
    in all programing languages you cant append a functions after it is running
    however in lua you can overwrite them on the fly if you know what you are doing
    -by replacing it with something else

  8. #48
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,181
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by dlsmd View Post
    in all programing languages you cant append a functions after it is running
    however in lua you can overwrite them on the fly if you know what you are doing
    -by replacing it with something else
    During runtime, no. But during load/compile time, I'd think that it should be possible. :/ Meh, it's sort of a niche use anyway, so not a big deal.

  9. #49
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    154
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Been looking into utilizing gearswap. Keep seeing "sidecar" file(s) mentioned/suggested. Would someone mind explaining what exactly it is?

  10. #50
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,181
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by Jutubyaa View Post
    Been looking into utilizing gearswap. Keep seeing "sidecar" file(s) mentioned/suggested. Would someone mind explaining what exactly it is?
    ... Literally scroll up just a few posts. >_>;;

  11. #51
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    154
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    ... Literally scroll up just a few posts. >_>;;
    i really need to sleep more. thank you.

  12. #52
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,181
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by Jutubyaa View Post
    i really need to sleep more. thank you.
    LOL np. I know that feeling well. XD

  13. #53
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    38
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    I've searched high and low but have not been able to find an answer, whether it be here, BG forums, or Google.

    I'm looking to add subjob-specific engaged sets for my RUN, namely SAM and DRK. I thought I found my answer in the previous GS help thread, but it didn't work. Using a Mote lua.
    Spoiler: show
    Code:
    function adjust_melee_groups()
        classes.CustomMeleeGroups:clear()
    		if player.sub_job == "SAM" then 
    			classes.CustomMeleeGroups:append('SAM')
    		elseif player.sub_job == "DRK" then 
    			classes.CustomMeleeGroups:append('DRK')	
    		end
    end

    Any halp is appreciated.

  14. #54
    Radsourceful

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,964
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    I've searched high and low but have not been able to find an answer, whether it be here, BG forums, or Google.

    I'm looking to add subjob-specific engaged sets for my RUN, namely SAM and DRK. I thought I found my answer in the previous GS help thread, but it didn't work. Using a Mote lua.
    Spoiler: show
    Code:
    function adjust_melee_groups()
        classes.CustomMeleeGroups:clear()
    		if player.sub_job == "SAM" then 
    			classes.CustomMeleeGroups:append('SAM')
    		elseif player.sub_job == "DRK" then 
    			classes.CustomMeleeGroups:append('DRK')	
    		end
    end

    Any halp is appreciated.
    Nothing here looks directly wrong, post the full file to pastebin.com and share the link.

  15. #55
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    38
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

  16. #56
    Radsourceful

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,964
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    The function you're trying to add is not in that lua anywhere, so that's a start. Add it in, then call it from line 523 or so, like this:

    Code:
    function job_state_change(field, new_value, old_value)
        classes.CustomDefenseGroups:clear()
        classes.CustomDefenseGroups:append(state.Knockback.current)
        classes.CustomDefenseGroups:append(state.Death.current)
     
        classes.CustomMeleeGroups:clear()
        classes.CustomMeleeGroups:append(state.Knockback.current)
        classes.CustomMeleeGroups:append(state.Death.current)
        adjust_melee_groups()
    end
    ....
    --Somewhere else in the file
    function adjust_melee_groups()
    ...
    end
    Fair warning this will override anything you have tied into death or knockback melee groups, you may want to move all that logic together.

  17. #57
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    384
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    { name="Grioavolr", augments={'Magic burst dmg.+7%','DEX+15','Mag. Acc.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+30','Magic Damage +2',}}

    I need to add a priority for this, I can't figure out where the extra {} and stuff goes. =/
    I have not used priorities before.

  18. #58
    Radsourceful

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,964
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Example:

    Code:
    gear.gada_Enhancing = { name="Gada", augments={'Enh. Mag. eff. dur. +6','VIT+1','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+4',},priority=16}

  19. #59
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    384
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    thanks!

  20. #60
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    13
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Can anyone help me figure this out? I'm new to Gearswap as a whole as it wasn't a thing when I played XI back in '09 era, but I'm trying to get this working. Everything functions properly other than getting a healing breath setup to work. It triggers just fine, swaps into the player HP gear w/ the Drachen helm to trigger at 50%, but then it just swaps back to whatever TP set was currently equipped before that point. There's a midcast.hb on line 120-125 that the lua doesn't have my character swap into during the healing breath animation for higher HB numbers. That's the issue. The original owner of this lua said he couldn't figure out how to get it to swap back to his TP set after it would swap into the wyvern HP+ Wyrm armor set for HB, so he just swapped out of his healing breath gear manually upon completion. I feel like this sort of defeats the purpose, so I'd rather avoid having to do that. Anyone able to help? Thanks in advance


    Drg LUA: https://pastebin.com/J7UcSDVR

    inc LUA: https://pastebin.com/fGgk70DS

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Gearswap Help Thread!
    By JSHidaka in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 6035
    Last Post: 2018-05-06, 17:15
  2. Randomerest Question Thread III: This Time It's Random
    By isladar in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 868
    Last Post: 2009-08-18, 12:03