+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    With a superficial glance, I don't see how the error is possible. It is nominally throwing the error for mc_JA, which contains no indexing. Also, even if it was indexing in there it should be indexing the local variable spell, not the global variable spell. Given that, the only options are that either the line number in your paste / on your computer don't correspond or that the function definition itself is being interpreted as referencing the global variable.

I'm guessing that there are some scoping problems. The only weird things I see in the paste are the:
    Code:
    do return end
    statements.

Could you please change them to
    Code:
    return
    and see if it fixes it?

Do blocks in Lua are not something I use frequently and while there shouldn't *really* be a problem with that code as I understand it, I'm also not entirely sure about it.
    Thanks for looking at it. I got it working now. I'm not sure what exactly it was, but after ripping shit out of it and making that change, it loads.

There is one other issue I am having with THF, buffactive['Sneak Attack'] or Trick Attack as a means of calling to use a stacked WS set over an unstacked WS set is too unreliable, and only works a fraction of the time. E.g:

Code:
            if spell.english == "Rudra's Storm" or spell.english == 'Mandalic Stab' or spell.english == 'Shark Bite' then
    			if buffactive['Sneak Attack'] or buffactive['Trick Attack'] then
    				ChangeGear(sets.RudrasStacked[sets.RudrasStacked.index[RudrasStacked_ind]])
    			else
    				ChangeGear(sets.RudrasUnstacked[sets.RudrasUnstacked.index[RudrasUnstacked_ind]])
    			end

I was thinking of setting a true false variable anytime SA or TA is used, and using that instead, but it seems like a cumbersome idea. Any suggestions on a best practice?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

That's probably your best bet. The problem is that SE is a bit slow in updating your buff list, so you don't appear to have the Sneak Attack buff until >1 second after using Sneak Attack, at which point you've already sent the command to use a WS (without the buff).

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That's probably your best bet. The problem is that SE is a bit slow in updating your buff list, so you don't appear to have the Sneak Attack buff until >1 second after using Sneak Attack, at which point you've already sent the command to use a WS (without the buff).
    Any suggestion on where to stick that in the .lua?

I'd imagine its just an if spell.english =='Sneak Attack' or TA then variable return true- somewhere. Then separately somewhere sticking an elseif spell.action_type =='WeaponSkill' variable return false inside Function Aftercast?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I want to automatically reequip my weapons after getting hit by one of those mob abilities that unequips them. What's the best way to do that? The best way I've thought of is hacky, but if I define my main/off in sets.engaged and sets.idle and sets.WS there should be no omitted sets and it shouldn't ever switch because it's always the same two weapons so I never lose TP, right?

I use mote's luas, there seems to be a function in selindre's that does it but I don't fully understand it so I'm leery of using it.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Any suggestion on where to stick that in the .lua?

I'd imagine its just an if spell.english =='Sneak Attack' or TA then variable return true- somewhere. Then separately somewhere sticking an elseif spell.action_type =='WeaponSkill' variable return false inside Function Aftercast?
    Just going to bump this for a second.

Lua

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hello all,

I've been trying to understand gearswap and all its inner workings.
    But there is something that really confuses me; the user_setup part of a lua file.

All those states that are declared (OffenseMode,WeaponskillMode, IdleMode, RestingMode, etc.) are something that I haven't quite understood. Hopefully someone can clarify for me in detail. Let me elaborate:

I see all these example lua files that have several states declared, and each state has their own options ('Normal', 'Acc', 'PDT', 'Killer', 'Blabla' etc.)

What I don't understand is where and how are these states defined explicitly in the gearsets, because I've seen several lua files from several jobs and I just don't understand how the different gear sets are supposed to apply depending on the conditions.

Does a gearset have to have an ending named exactly as the state?
    i.e.: If we have declared:

Code:
    state.OffenseMode:options('Normal', 'Acc')
    Does that mean that we have to append a specific gearset with .Normal or .Acc?
    sets.engaged ---> that's for Normal? (maybe the 'Normal' tag can be omitted?)
    sets.engaged.Acc --> that would be for the other state?

Is the 'Normal' state more generic and can be omitted in a gearset declaration?
    In this specific case, does OffenseMode apply only to a specific set?
    Is that set "Engaged" perhaps?

Another question:
    Let's say I'm a RNG and I want to define different gearsets for it.
    When I engage a mob (i.e.: just draw my weapons), which state applies? OffenseMode or RangedMode?
    Or does RangedMode only apply when I do a '/ra <t>' macro?

Last question:
    So with all the precast/midcast/aftercast gear sets... where do they all fit in this?

Hope my questions weren't misleading or confusing; I'd be glad to further elaborate, I'm just lost at how these states work and I'd like some pointers into how I can make a better lua file for my jobs, instead of just blindly copying existing lua files from other people.

Thanks!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

To retarget your question, you are asking about Motenten's user files (perhaps specifically the RNG one), not gearswap itself. I wrote Gearswap and don't know the answers to any of your questions here.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

If I wanted to check to see if the current spell being cast contains a string (trying to catch Gain spells in this case), how would I do it?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    If I wanted to check to see if the current spell being cast contains a string (trying to catch Gain spells in this case), how would I do it?
    if spell.name:match('Gain') then

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Ah, I ended up going with something a little different (spell.english:startswith('Gain-')).

Is there a list of functions somewhere I can look at, and also a list of properties on gearswap objects?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

https://docs.windower.net/addons/gearswap/reference/

I forget who made this (not me) but they deserve a million points.

Starts with and such are coming from the strings library. I don't know if we have a reference for those as I always look at the source (add-ons/libs)

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Perfect, thank you!

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is there a way to trigger a variable to activate (T/F) without using Buffactive before the precast section of a lua is triggered?

Since buffactive['Sneak Attack'] isnt reliable and often fails to register in time I have been trying to create a variable that activates instead to trigger a stacked WS and is then returned to false in the aftercast.

Returning it to false is simple, and if I set the variable to true from the outset it works. However, it never works outside of that. I have tried something along the lines of this:

Code:
    function buff_change(n, gain, buff_table)
    	local name
        name = string.lower(n)

if name == "sneak attack" or name == "trick attack" then
    		if gain then
    			StackWS  = true
    		end
    	end
    I assume it comes after the precast in terms of priority. I placed a test message in and it activated in showswaps after precast had already gone off, and then the false message came right before aftercast. Which leads me to believe that is the case.

Any suggestions?

edit sorry

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I cannot get gear swap add on to work in FFXI. I used the same whm.lua as friend but just revised the gear portions. I have tried restarting the game, changing jobs, //gs enable, and //gs reload and nothing happens! I even double checked that the addon is in fact turned on in Windower. Help!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

I want to not use the BardSong fastcast set when weakened, I want to instead use the normal FC set in that scenario.

I've tried a million combinations of buffactive['Weakness']/buffactive == 'Weakness'

and specifying if not buffactive weakness then, and using else argument in the same function. I can't seem to get something like this to work.

I've also tried using returns...

Can anyone guide me to redirect bardsong precast to use the standard fc precast set during weakness? Thank you!

Code:
    function job_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
        if spell.type == 'BardSong' and buffactive == 'Weakness' then
    	    equip(sets.precast.FC)
    	end
    end
    I've also tried:
    Code:
    function job_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
        if spell.type == 'BardSong' and not buffactive['Weakness']
    	    equip(sets.precast.FC.BardSong)
    	else
    	    equip(sets.precast.FC)
    	end
    end

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Probably depends on whose gearswap suite you're using. Mote's/Selindrile's defines sets for weakened as .Weak. I don't know offhand if the logic includes precast checks though. I also don't know which happens first between job_precast and the actual precast set processing. Usually you want to use post_precast for stuff like that.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Probably depends on whose gearswap suite you're using. Mote's/Selindrile's defines sets for weakened as .Weak. I don't know offhand if the logic includes precast checks though. I also don't know which happens first between job_precast and the actual precast set processing. Usually you want to use post_precast for stuff like that.
    .weak is for idle set, i'm just looking to point to a specific precast set afaik (and i have tried) you can't do a .weak pc set, post precast would be after precast making it moot.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

post_precast happens after regular precast logic and before your actual action begins. "After precast" is midcast.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

post_precast happens after regular precast logic and before your actual action begins. "After precast" is midcast.
    Like I said. That said you might be right, I'm going to try separating it into a post precast set instead of having it as a fc set, we'll see if it works, no time to test at the moment but i'll update when i do, ty.

edit yes this worked thank you!

also just because I hate when ppl say "figured it out, or that worked thx" and post no meat for users w/same issues here's exactly what worked:

Code:
    function job_post_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
        -- use yellow set, unless weakened
    	if spell.type == 'BardSong' and not buffactive['Weakness'] then
    	    equip(sets.precast.yellow)
    	elseif spell.type == 'BardSong' and buffactive['Weakness'] then
    	-- still use minstrel's ring when weakened, though
            equip({right_ring="Minstrel's Ring"})
    	end
    end
    also don't ask lol, 75cap

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size