BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20
    i should really shut up
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    With a superficial glance, I don't see how the error is possible. It is nominally throwing the error for mc_JA, which contains no indexing. Also, even if it was indexing in there it should be indexing the local variable spell, not the global variable spell. Given that, the only options are that either the line number in your paste / on your computer don't correspond or that the function definition itself is being interpreted as referencing the global variable.

I'm guessing that there are some scoping problems. The only weird things I see in the paste are the:
    Code:
    do return end
    statements.

Could you please change them to
    Code:
    return
    and see if it fixes it?

Do blocks in Lua are not something I use frequently and while there shouldn't *really* be a problem with that code as I understand it, I'm also not entirely sure about it.
    Thanks for looking at it. I got it working now. I'm not sure what exactly it was, but after ripping shit out of it and making that change, it loads.

There is one other issue I am having with THF, buffactive['Sneak Attack'] or Trick Attack as a means of calling to use a stacked WS set over an unstacked WS set is too unreliable, and only works a fraction of the time. E.g:

Code:
            if spell.english == "Rudra's Storm" or spell.english == 'Mandalic Stab' or spell.english == 'Shark Bite' then
    			if buffactive['Sneak Attack'] or buffactive['Trick Attack'] then
    				ChangeGear(sets.RudrasStacked[sets.RudrasStacked.index[RudrasStacked_ind]])
    			else
    				ChangeGear(sets.RudrasUnstacked[sets.RudrasUnstacked.index[RudrasUnstacked_ind]])
    			end

I was thinking of setting a true false variable anytime SA or TA is used, and using that instead, but it seems like a cumbersome idea. Any suggestions on a best practice?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

That's probably your best bet. The problem is that SE is a bit slow in updating your buff list, so you don't appear to have the Sneak Attack buff until >1 second after using Sneak Attack, at which point you've already sent the command to use a WS (without the buff).

i should really shut up
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    That's probably your best bet. The problem is that SE is a bit slow in updating your buff list, so you don't appear to have the Sneak Attack buff until >1 second after using Sneak Attack, at which point you've already sent the command to use a WS (without the buff).
    Any suggestion on where to stick that in the .lua?

I'd imagine its just an if spell.english =='Sneak Attack' or TA then variable return true- somewhere. Then separately somewhere sticking an elseif spell.action_type =='WeaponSkill' variable return false inside Function Aftercast?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag