DS I
    DS III
    BB
    DS II
    Demon's
    That list is from worst to best, right?

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Man I was so into Demon's and then I kept getting double black knight'ed on some fucking level right before the end. Admittedly I never took any time to farm souls so that's on me.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

ds1 des ds2 ds3

not a big remaster fan though, rather see from move on.

Gameplay is easily DS3/BB, story, atmosphere and level design DS1/BB, PVP and invasions DS3/DS2. DS3 pvp has the problem of always getting nerfed though.

All your lists are stupid, they're all good for different things.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

DS3/BB had the most refined gameplay, but no matter what DS1 will always be special. I wonder with this remaster if they’re going to pull a ds2sotfs and change the enemy placements. DS1 and BB are the only games i completely memorized where the extreme majority of the stuff is, DS3 almost memorized. But changing enemy placements, will be very nice imo.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I've never liked the parry changes made after 1.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    I've never liked the parry changes made after 1.
    Parrying was a lot better at 60fps, have you ever played unlocked fps on ds1 pc? Parrying is a joke in that game at 60fps.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by gaira View Post
    not a big remaster fan though, rather see from move on.
    Far as I've seen, it's outsourced, so From's full time development efforts have moved on (presumably to whatever that trailer was for the other month). Considering the limitations of the original game, and need for a third party hack to even get the PC version running as it should, a remaster is kinda welcome regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Since this thread is fresh and I'm betting many that have played the entire series will look here, did ya'll struggle to get into 3? I know 2 is what usually gets shitted on, but I actually had more hours into 2 for NG than DS1. I thought 2 was pretty good. 3, I don't know. Something just feels off.
    Can't say I've had that with 3. To me, it plays the best out of the series (comparable to BB, but that lacks 60fps). Mechanically, at least. I do think the early level design could be better, which is the area that DS1 really shines in. DS2 is the one that I find hard to get into, that feels "off" at the start, I think mostly due to so much scaling on Agility, so timing isn't as consistent.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    Parrying was a lot better at 60fps, have you ever played unlocked fps on ds1 pc? Parrying is a joke in that game at 60fps.
    I agree with this. And if PC peeps never used DSFix, you missed out.

Parrying is a joke in all of the games once you get over the initial hump. BB is probably the easiest for me personally cuz even though it's 30fps ranged parries are OP.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Parrying is a joke in all of the games once you get over the initial hump. BB is probably the easiest for me personally cuz even though it's 30fps ranged parries are OP.
    glad u said this @ BB being easiest cuz im garbage at parry in DS1. But im decent with it in BB and Nioh.

also any money this fucking brings in better be for fucking BB2 (fuck yall i want more Borne)

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

We all want more Bloodborne.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

I don't but I'm the token contrarian that likes DS2 best among the dark series. BB is fucking amazing overall, but I want them to go somewhere completely different. I want them to expand their creativity, not repeat the same setting and stagnate.

Ridill
    BG Level

I'd say I want the same thing from dark souls that I want from Assassins Creed; feudal war Japan. Nioh more than delivered on that though, and I'd be perfectly fine with something else.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Would have been nice to see a Demon remaster since the servers are getting shut down. For that matter there are a lot of From's stuff that should be on Steam - AC would be nice, but I'm pretty sure I'm the only person to play that series but I'd settle for BB.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Demon or BB will never see release on PC due to Sony's archaic desire to keep pushing exclusives.

Demons's Souls being a PS3 exlusive means fuck all to anyone else at this point, but I suppose Sony gain nothing from releasing it so that sucks.

But that's precisely why Dark Souls is a thing. It's a shame that their most interesting games are locked behind bullshit.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Emulation for PS3 has been picking up a lot of steam the last 6 months, I know it may seem kinda far off but a year or so out from now we may see some better stability and usability for a vast majority of its titles where you could then say fuck sony and just play it on your pc.

Ridill
    BG Level

People were given the chance to play this game up to the point where Solaire is. Youtube Dark Souls people have vids up now.

more of a rerelease than remaster. grass/ivy blows around in the wind, lighting, particle effect improvements.
    UI can be shrunk in size.
    60fps (Switch is 30). Fire affects and fog walls don't lag like they did originally.
    If you're getting the PC version, original version with DSfix still might be better.
    very few gameplay changes. Quick select Estus, change covenants at bonfires, and ability to use multiple items at a time.
    no new items, stat changes, enemy placement etc.

I wasn't expecting anything significant but that's...pretty disappointing.