+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I wasn't expecting anything significant but that's...pretty disappointing.
    Yeah. I was pretty sold on getting the Switch version up until now. Like you said, I really didn't expect a lot, but it seems the 60fps is the only drastic change and the Switch wont even get that, so... idk

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This tells me that my pvp build will still be intact and a lot of people are gonna be pissed when I start invading their games. I can't wait.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    This tells me that my pvp build will still be intact and a lot of people are gonna be pissed when I start invading their games. I can't wait.
    I look forward to going straight to the Gravelord covenant, then hopping up to my unreachable ledge in the first area (unreachable because I don't step through a fog door) and dropping my sign. Reds and Blues would pop into my game and be forced to fight each other while I threw dung pies at them.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Are they actually fixing the gravelord covenant? It was mostly non-functional in the original game because of hidden restrictions. IE: you couldn't gravelord people that weren't in NG+, you couldn't gravelord in an area if you killed the boss, and the limited slots (I think it was 1-2 depending on area) that invaders had in your game would be eaten up by red/blues the vast majority of the time even when the first two conditions are met.

EDIT: Somehow this version seems to have graphical downgrades lol. Details from textures are missing and the lighting is fucked up.

Spoiler: show

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Switch version and amiibo got delayed to summer 2018

Other versions keep same date

Due to the nature of causality, we must announce that the Nintendo Switch version of #DarkSoulsRemastered will be pushed back to summer of 2018, and with it, the release of the Solaire of Astora amiibo.

PC/PS4/X1 versions will maintain their May 25th release date.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well fuck, i’m only aiming for the switch version. PC version really doesn’t seem intriguing considering what i saw earlier.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Steam Loyalty Discount if you own Prepare to Die Edition
    Dark Souls Remastered is now available for digital pre-order and comes with some exclusivities. Players who digitally pre-order the game for PlayStation 4 will be rewarded with an exclusive theme whilst Xbox One players will be able to preload the game.

Steam players will have access to a 50% loyalty discount reward if they own a copy of Dark Souls: Prepare to die Edition. The Steam version of Dark Souls: Prepare to die Edition will no longer be purchasable from 9th May, 2018 but will still be playable for the owners.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Nice, i'm convinced to get the PC version then. Gamefly is gonna get me the switch version.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I don't see the appeal of the PC remaster over just playing the old version with DSfix, unless you're really itching for some terrible pvp.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Dark Souls Remastered (PC/PS4/XB1/NSW) May 2018

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    I don't see the appeal of the PC remaster over just playing the old version with DSfix, unless you're really itching for some terrible pvp.
    Prolly because 60 fps breaks the game with dsfix?

Not only that, but the game is broken either way, even with dsfix.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah did they ever fix the ladder bug in the original that 60 fps introduced?

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Dsfix hasn’t been updated for years iirc

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I never had any issues with dsfix. I heard some people clipped through elevators or something but it never happened to me.

Dark souls 2 60fps on the other hand was a mess, even the official patch. Weapons losing durability at double the rate, attacks hitting extra times, wrong speeds on animations, etc

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Dark Souls Remastered (PC/PS4/XB1/NSW) May 2018

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    I never had any issues with dsfix. I heard some people clipped through elevators or something but it never happened to me.

Dark souls 2 60fps on the other hand was a mess, even the official patch. Weapons losing durability at double the rate, attacks hitting extra times, wrong speeds on animations, etc
    Jumping, and some areas are near impossible to reach in 60fps in ds1. Not saying dsfix is a bad thing (does more good than harm), but i purposely play the game at 30fps because weapon durability is broken as well on 60fps, and the elevator clipping, and broken/impossible platforming. And if you up the texture resolution, the game will stall at random times to load for some reason which kills the fluidity of the gameplay.

Getting a proper 60fps from ds1, along with some QoL that came from ds3 is a huge plus. Ds2 sucks regardless, that game should outright be erased from existence.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I like 2

It's by far the worst in the series, but is still a good game.

DS2 PVE can fuck right off, DS2 PVP though was my shit.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

What's the overall consensus for the hate on DS2? I played the shit out of that one. While I enjoyed my DS1 playthrough more than DS2 I felt like there was a hell of a lot of content (and hard... very freaking hard content). Is it because of all the random mobs and because the world wasn't as woven as it was in DS1?

I'm waiting to play DS3 still... I bought it on release day and I haven't even taken the wrapper off ._.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

At least from my personal view I'd say generally shitty boss fights and a poorly designed flow to the game (shout-out to those dumb dream sequences and all the back tracking to get to them). And despite probably being the overall easiest Dark Souls, it also has the most "unfair" sequences of just cheap death traps.

The DLCs are all lit as fuck tho

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Hard to say what everyone necessarily thinks. Offhand, DS2... ties ability/timing of things like iframes or Estus use to Agility (so leveling Adaptability and/or Attunement), which can make it feel "off" early on. The level design does often comes down to overwhelming with fodder enemies, which is even worse in Scholar of the First Sin (presumably because you could technically have more co-op players), in addition to the areas themselves being less interwoven. So yeah, in a series that is otherwise largely well designed in that regard, DS2 falls short.

The flip side is that there's a lot more in terms of environmental puzzles or tricks to use, and it's probably the most flexible in the series for builds. To be fair, it had development issues and the base game was vastly retooled after a director change. They did what they could with the existing assets. The DLC was made from scratch, and is a better reflection of what they were going for.

IMO, to its credit, DS2 actually tried to do new things - some work, some don't, but at least they tried. DS3 is a ton more fun to actually play (to me), but it's a lot more of a greatest hits than anything else.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast