Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

BG: The Bar

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    If I was in position for that scenario I'd do it. Maybe hire a company or management firm to handle the day to day on the bar while you collect the money. If I was to rent a house out that's how I'd do it. To me, the fee is worth it to lower stress of the day to day.
    I have a property manager that does that for me in CO. Worth every penny.

I'm not sure I want to do the same for this should I follow through with it. The property is only 4 hours within eyes on distance and I can easily have my little brother check on it from time to time. Again, I'm not looking to run the bar because I have no idea how to. Just looking to get paid for providing the venue. Maybe in the future, but for now, BG: The Bar is gonna have to wait lol.

EDIT: Anyone have any experience with property management and their fees in the NJ/NY metropolitan area?

EDIT 2: Still baffled how high NJ's property tax is. It's fucking retarded and one of the biggest walls holding me back right now.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I have a property manager that does that for me in CO. Worth every penny.

I'm not sure I want to do the same for this should I follow through with it. The property is only 4 hours within eyes on distance and I can easily have my little brother check on it from time to time. Again, I'm not looking to run the bar because I have no idea how to. Just looking to get paid for providing the venue. Maybe in the future, but for now, BG: The Bar is gonna have to wait lol.

EDIT: Anyone have any experience with property management and their fees in the NJ/NY metropolitan area?

EDIT 2: Still baffled how high NJ's property tax is. It's fucking retarded and one of the biggest walls holding me back right now.
    Taxes don't sound unreasonable to me, but I guess it depends on where. Westchester/Rockland/Putnam/Orange counties in NY (just above NYC/north of NJ) you can easily have 7-15k in property taxes depending on the town. I'm 60 miles north of NYC and I have just under $6k in property taxes.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    Blog Entries

Jesus. I'm at $1350 and that's about median for my city.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I'm not shocked at those prices. When Astylla and I for shits and giggles looked at new homes just to see what we'd want, we asked how much the property taxes were. Essentially it would have been an extra 1k a month on our mortgage.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag