+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

To be fair he got suspended a second time by his team for an actual bullshit reason (using him as the scapegoat for twitch's general racism). Whatever Xqc may be I don't think he's racist, he spams that "racist" emote all the time whatever circumstance, but the general consensus in the OWL community among players and fans alike is Xqc got fucked unfairly and it was likely just the straw that broke the camel's back in his decision to leave the team/their decision to cut him loose. His rabid fanbase on the other hand will take anything and drive it into the ground until it's as negative as possible.

Meanwhile Taimou, who is an actual racist and was saying very racist things on his stream, got a much lesser penalty than Xqc. As long as Xqc was the scapegoat for everything bad in OWL (mostly because he has the loudest fanbase) he was never going to stay unsuspended for long. Them's the breaks.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

not really, the 2nd time he it's also because he picked a fight with OWL casters and calling fellow OWL players retards.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

To be fair the casters are complete twats sometimes. They have no idea how to fairly cast something and often times bury the currently losing team over and over and over which is just downright unprofessional and bad sports casting in general, and they do it often.

But calling his fellow players retarded... I mean, depends on the context? Seagull said xQc was/is being retarded, on stream, pretty much word for word because of his actions. If xQc is suspended for saying that and Seagull wasn't I'd go back to double standards and using xQc as an "example" because he's an outlier and more controversial, even if Seagull is technically right lol.

I didn't know who xQc was until the OWL, and i don't watch him or find him tolerable so I'm certainly no fanboy of his nor do i have a horse in this race, but I do feel he's being targeted here pretty unfairly. Not that his punishments are outside of the guidelines of OW in terms of "unfair", but in terms that other players seemingly get more passes.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I'm not really sure all that happened in the OWL but I inow Blizzard banned him at least twice. Once for throwing in competitive and tgen again for abusing the report function for constantly reporting a Sym one trick

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If I'm not mistaken, and I really could be mixing up two controversies here, but that sym one trick was a stream sniper with multiple accounts to ruin peoples games, specifically popular streamers. he was banned because he reported them on sight knowing who it was and being, rightfully so, frustrated with them, and thats against Blizzards ToS, which I think is more a loop in the system than him doing anything wrong.

(TimTheTatMan had issues with the same Sym? These are the two i could be mixing up. If I am, ignore me)

The throwing one yah, he can gobble a cock.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    To be fair the casters are complete twats sometimes. They have no idea how to fairly cast something and often times bury the currently losing team over and over and over which is just downright unprofessional and bad sports casting in general, and they do it often.
    Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way about them. During stage 1 they would constantly make excuses for Fuel doing bad, yet they would make fun of other teams.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, and I really could be mixing up two controversies here, but that sym one trick was a stream sniper with multiple accounts to ruin peoples games, specifically popular streamers. he was banned because he reported them on sight knowing who it was and being, rightfully so, frustrated with them, and thats against Blizzards ToS, which I think is more a loop in the system than him doing anything wrong.
    From how it looked it wasn't a sniper that xQc encountered but your typical one-trick. And what xQc did was spam reports with "fuck you" as the details on the report.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXGtjG0hTBo around the 2:23 mark.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Effect (also a fuel player) was the one who got punished for badmouthing and reporting a Sym one-trick.

I think the casters are doing the best they can with what they have, considering not all of them have the same amount of gameplay experience. I think Blizz chose them on professionalism and potential instead of game experience anyway... which is a double-edged sword of course. The casters definitely get shit on way too much.

The thing about these constant punishments is, Blizz is trying to remove the Western internet culture from Overwatch. (I can't speak for Eastern net culture, I don't speak Korean or Chinese which are the two Asian groups currently represented in OWL, except I know that it's completely different).

Mistake #1: They are officially streaming through Twitch, which is known for its terrible chat culture, yet it is something intrinsically attached to Twitch. Then they are surprised when the majority of people on it spam "racist" emotes that are built into the chat they are using in an official capacity.

Mistake #2: They are not vetting the players they sign for anything but talent. They do not seem to care how toxic, racist, homophobic or otherwise inflammatory a player is until they are signed to the OWL and then suddenly expect them to clean up their act overnight. Never going to happen. You sign racists and homophobes, that's what you're going to get.

Mistake #3: Blizz over-compensates with punishment instead of attacking the problem at the root. You can fine and bench (certain of) your OWL players to kingdom come, they are still going to do stupid shit again as soon as their punishment is over because that's the gaming culture they live and stream in. Good example of punishment over-compensation being Blizz Twitch mods announcing they would automatically permaban everyone who posts the infamous TriHard emote in the OWL Twitch chat, at which point the chat (of course) spammed nothing but Trihard over and over to infinity. The permabans were rolled back the next day.

They are trying to beat the internet, and they are losing badly and looking stupid doing it. It's not something you can just shake a ban stick at and expect to go away, when it is something that is built into the culture of your game.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

And Florida is up 2-0 on the Valiant -- did not see this one coming.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

2 win streak mayhem!!

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

London with the sweep of Seoul -- are the Dynasty just repeating stage 1, in terms of not beating the best teams?

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Philly is straight up spawn camping Dallas. Not sure what to make of it..

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Lots of great stuff today/this week:

1. Sinatraa is now able to play.
    2. Fearless and Ado will be playing for Shanghai. Geguri's visa was approved, so she should be very soon as well.
    3. FuelsBadMan

Also, the censorship by the OWL is just funny at this point.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So someone explain to me why the banned fucking Pepe?????

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Something to do with the alt right using it or something stupid.

This seems to be the main post about it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitive...ences_to_pepe/

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

While this whole thing is stupid, and back then, this shitshow would’ve been seen as fucking hilarious, one guy asked if we could get teabagging back. Then i saw the best quote ever.

“I just want Boston to teabag London”

BG Level

I just read that. But yeah how bad is OWL on Twitch? Sounds like the viewers are making chat a shitshow.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It’s twitch chat, ffs how long has twitch been out and companies such as GDQ, Blizz have not fucking learned that twitch chat is just a massive scroll spam? God damn people are hypersensitive nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    God damn people are hypersensitive nowadays.
    Wow take that back or I'll tell my Mum.

I mean it's not like it's hard to ignore the chat, aren't there buttons specifically for that? That's the internet for you today though, special snowflakes and hurt feelings everywhere.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Heck, there are chat filters that won't display chosen messages on BTTV. I think I have about 5-10 different raffle spam chat messages on my blacklist.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast