BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I never enforced the spoiler rule in my history of BG and I doubt it would make any sense since the thread is now separated.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Okely dokely.

Not sure what's going on with Dallas, but this is 2 matches now where they haven't played as well as everyone expected. Whenever I see them bring in xQc I just expect them to lose now. lol

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko View Post
    Whenever I see them bring in xQc I just expect them to lose now.
    ^

The whole team got fucked after the first game. They got progressively worse and when Soon back capped them it was over.

I mean you can blame xqc but I still say the whole team isn't doing shit.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Effect's thoughts on the game against Valiant:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitive...ined_a_lot_of/

Fleta was on fire again today against the Gladiators. His Widow on Ruins and Pharah on Lighthouse were crazy to watch.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ragns View Post
    Seeing stuff like this is why I need to play Roadhog more. Forgot how fun he was minus I need to work on my hook accuracy again.

Also since I'm a nub with the pro scene, Isn't xQc the guy that got a lot of attention for intentionally throwing while streaming in the past and got banned for it?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

As a nub to OW streaming (I haven't watched any except this pro stuff lul) I'm finding I'm wowed by specific players on teams but have trouble enjoying any team as a whole so far. I do like the Gladiators the most I think team-wise, even though they don't necessarily have anyone who's the "best" at something out of all teams, I seem to be able to pick out their teamwork specifically a little more than when I'm watching the other teams.

Anyway I'm really enjoying this season and I think it's going to come down to "who can take down Seoul?" lol
    It has to happen eventually...

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Also since I'm a nub with the pro scene, Isn't xQc the guy that got a lot of attention for intentionally throwing while streaming in the past and got banned for it?
    Yep, the throwing was fairly recent too.

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    As a nub to OW streaming (I haven't watched any except this pro stuff lul) I'm finding I'm wowed by specific players on teams but have trouble enjoying any team as a whole so far. I do like the Gladiators the most I think team-wise, even though they don't necessarily have anyone who's the "best" at something out of all teams, I seem to be able to pick out their teamwork specifically a little more than when I'm watching the other teams.

Anyway I'm really enjoying this season and I think it's going to come down to "who can take down Seoul?" lol
    It has to happen eventually...
    That's kinda how it is for most teams - a couple players who are amazing, and then there's the rest of the team. Dallas is exception since most/all of their players are fairly well known by those who followed the pro scene to some extent before the OWL started. EnVyUs was basically the non-Korean version of the Seoul Dynasty prior to the OWL.

The Gladiators seem to have a solid team as you mentioned. I think Surefour and Agilities are the names I've heard the most from their team.

And nope, no one is going to take down the Dynasty, at least this season.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I think someone mentioned it earlier, but I really wish it was possible to just follow a single player's view. The Fusion's D.va pulled off some amazing self destructs against London yesterday, wish I could have followed the setup better.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Would be nice if they had a live client that allowed the viewer to switch between each player, or just show that top-down tactical view the whole time.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Week 2, here we go~

No London till Friday.. /feelsbadman..

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Still no IDDQD on SFS... oh well.

Steamrolling one sided matches continue lol. I need to go back and watch the actual good ones.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Shanghai might as well be a pug

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

At least when most of the teams get rolled the put up somewhat of a fight. Then there's Shanghai that just gets walked all over. When they did an analysis from Numbani defense for them, the tanks were pushing up far with no support and getting killed. Seems like there's a lack of communication among other things for them.

Edit: Shanghai's manager posted an apology for their performance and it was translated and put on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitive...d_manager_van/

They practice from 10:30am-midnight. Now I can kinda see why they aren't playing very well. Other teams are putting in the work, but still having fun doing it. Then Shanghai's over here like a sweat shop.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Apparently even before the season started there were a lot of reports of corruption within the Shanghai franchise, like auditions being thrown out in favor of straight locks (because money and influence, of course) and reportedly a lot of U-18 Chinese players have been promised spots on the roster when they come of age. The sweatshop hours and one of the players complaining about not being able to eat Chinese food (in LA, no less) is only stoking the fires of people who want to know what the fuck is wrong with Blizzard to let this team go on the way it has been. Absolutely the drama team.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Fuel going for the 0-3 record today.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko View Post
    Fuel going for the 0-3 record today.
    They did it!

Also, seems Shanghai isn't the only one putting in 15 hour days.

https://twitter.com/flameIRL/status/954050050769866757

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Look, another 4-0 sweep. This is getting disappointing and boring.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

It's only the first 2 weeks dude. Some of these teams are overhyped (Dallas lol) and some of them are possibly mismanaged (Shanghai) and some of them just need more practice together to be more cohesive and communicate better. And all of the western-based teams need to get over being psyched out by Korean teams.
    It's really interesting watching it all unfold. I'm looking forward to the future improvements both among the teams and from Blizzard's production side.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

LOL Muma just roasted in the post-game interview. xQc going to be pissed (inb4 "it's the whole teams fault and the ex-champion EnvyUs squad has just forgotten how to play" lol)