+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    LOL $2k fine? Damn esports is fucking real. Some of these kids prolly don't even have that much, unless it gets sapped away from their salary.

Yay florida got their first W, even tho it was against the worst team.
    It's okay. They 6% each team gets when someone buys a virtual jersey will surely cover it.

Seriously though given this guy's history before the OWL I'm surprised anyone wanted him. Pretty big deal when you make the news for intentionally throwing games and getting banned when you're one of the top players.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

He called me a prodigy once on stream so he's OK by me. Granted, that was after he witchhunted through my profile and tried to convince chat I was a booster before changing his mind (in his defense my season 2 was a diamond lucio/dva and I was pushing his shit in pretty hard on widow)

Actually the whole thing sums up xQc pretty well lol

Champion of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Dallas stays in the Shanghai bracket at 0-4.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

xQc suspended the remainder of the season.

https://twitter.com/DallasFuel/statu...62635520978945

I don't know if he did anything else since the original 4 game suspension, but this just feels like too much if not.

Edit:

Some on Reddit are thinking the punishment is due to his previous behavior.

Also, someone posted the actual clip of what started this. Seems he knew he fucked up as soon as he said it.

https://clips.twitch.tv/EasyTrappedOxDansGame

BG Level

Jesus my ears after hearing him...

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Jesus my ears after hearing him...
    That's normal for him.

Looks like there was more on Twitter after the original suspension:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c..._social_media/

I hope he gets the help he needs.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Now that is the kind of statement the Dallas org needed to make. Upside - it's for 3 weeks (stage 1 - week 2 finished today) so 7 games off total.

As much as his fans are going to criticize the org for shutting him down for an additional week, hitting the reset button to get him into gaming shape and media training will pay dividends.

I don't expect Dallas to rebound in these next 6 games, but they have the potential to improve as the stages/season progresses.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

They're crazy if they think he'll change. Dude might legitimately have aspergers. He doesn't have a filter between his brain and his mouth.
    Not even a full day after Fuel gave him the extra bans (for slurring against Muma who is an openly gay player) he started bitching at people on twitter. He mouths off on his stream constantly about anyone who has written anything about him and quite visibly makes fun of the punishments he's been handed.

Dude is a living meme for a reason - his persona is entertaining to a lot of people - but he can't do that anymore now that he's repping an organization. It's not just him on his stream for his followers anymore. I don't know if he just doesn't realize that, or if he legitimately just doesn't care. He apologizes for stuff and then keeps doing it. A lot of people even seem to suspect he's actually trying to get booted off his team.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Ugh Wednesday's matchups are going to be a massacre.

London will go 4-0 to SF and Seoul will absolutely go 4-0 to Shanghai without breaking a sweat.
    At least LA vs LA will be a good match.

I could easily see a lot of the players not fully comprehending just how serious their job is now. Pretty much all these players are used to being video game players who stream. They were free to say and act however they want. However now they're being paid $50k to be essentially athletes. That's no small change. Also wouldn't surprise me if he thinks he such hot shit that he doesn't even consider the possibility of getting kicked off the team and his contract revoked. Man would that suck. Especially if they were paid upfront.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Ugh Wednesday's matchups are going to be a massacre.

London will go 4-0 to SF and Seoul will absolutely go 4-0 to Shanghai without breaking a sweat.
    At least LA vs LA will be a good match.
    The week after has London vs Seoul though!

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragontyr View Post
    I could easily see a lot of the players not fully comprehending just how serious their job is now. Pretty much all these players are used to being video game players who stream. They were free to say and act however they want. However now they're being paid $50k to be essentially athletes. That's no small change. Also wouldn't surprise me if he thinks he such hot shit that he doesn't even consider the possibility of getting kicked off the team and his contract revoked. Man would that suck. Especially if they were paid upfront.
    I see it as another growing pain for the league and there are bound to be a bunch of them for the first few years. Yeah, it sucks that some players could ruin their once in a lifetime opportunity, but others will learn that they're the public faces of a franchise and adjust based on those mistakes.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Honestly I see it the same way I see child actors. These kids are a bit more grown but they’re also streamers and entertainers first, and it will come with a lot of growing pains. These kids are experiencing scrutiny, public attention, stress, all at levels we couldn’t imagine.

I think xQc Is too young and has too much money and fame right now, it’s going to corrupt anyone... and I’m sure it’ll happen to a lot of them like Serra said.

I feel sorry for them more than anything... it’s going to suck. Especially in today’s extremely polarized PC environment.

Why would you feel sorry for them for not behaving like normal human beings while being paid that much to play games? I don't feel anything other than amusement.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Overwatch League Season 1 2018

2017-present: we’ll give you a job to your inexperienced ass that pays more than half the jobs in the world, all you gotta do is play a game good. Yea, no, i don’t feel sorry for them. They’re getting paid more than a teacher.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Well, let's not forget the pressure of playing a pro sport. The pressure to perform must be immense.

It's not an excuse for bad behavior, but let's not pretend they're getting paid well "just to play a game good". If you underperform, you get publically ridiculed, you disappoint your teammates and your team's fans, and you might get benched/traded/dropped entirely. These guys have to devote most of their time per day to training and streaming with teammates, plus interviews and such. Houston and Shanghai have both said they're pulling 12-14 hour days. They probably hardly ever have any alone time. It must be incredibly stressful. Not that other jobs that get paid worse are less stressful, but there are probably more cooling off options for people who aren't constantly in the public spotlight.

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ragns View Post
    Holy shit LMAO

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    2017-present: we’ll give you a job to your inexperienced ass that pays more than half the jobs in the world, all you gotta do is play a game good. Yea, no, i don’t feel sorry for them. They’re getting paid more than a teacher.
    Thats not their fault though, thats the country's fault, or if anything the industry itself. You're misplacing the blame for the game onto the player, my man. They're still under a lot of pressure, and if you follow the league at all, long, long work hours, 15 hour days in some cases.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Leaving Pharah uncontested in 2018.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Either Shanghai got gud or Seoul is trying to give everyone a heart attack with how close they're cutting these pushes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast