+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    congrats to anyone who's been holding duals, i just checked prices recently and the world has gone insane. i think underground seas shot up by close to $300 in the last month alone, and even the nonblue stuff has skyrocketed; the badlands i paid ~40 a pop for in 2016 are now pushing 200.
    Man they must have dropped a lot at some point for you to get excited about underground seas at $300 I thought they were sitting there for a while.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    Man they must have dropped a lot at some point for you to get excited about underground seas at $300 I thought they were sitting there for a while.
    Lol no, they have went up an *additional* $300, in only the last month.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I wouldn't be surprised if Revised Seas broke 1k by the end of the year.

Lots of M19 spoilers dropped today, Buy a Box exclusive promo is an Instant speed Beacon of Tomorrows for 7. People are obviously pissed.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...ore-2018-06-11

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    yeah this lol, LP revised seas are up to ~800 right now. i think the most i paid for any of mine was 240, seriously kicking myself for not buying the full playset (i've only got 3)

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Holy fuck! Lol that is worthy of celebration... Too bad I could never stomach selling my playset. Though if they top $1k I might have to start thinking about it. I have 2 revised in decent condition and 2 unlimited in good condition.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

The aether revolt and kaladesh expansions made MTGA totally miserable. Red aggro went from best deck in the game but you can do ok if you tech against it, to just shitting on everything 95% of the time regardless and almost everyone is playing it.

Also, walking ballista is retarded.

BG Level

I repeat: Maro and crew need to be replaced. Magic has been awful for awhile and the only decent set was due to outsourcing Garfield.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

yeah it really seems long overdue. i can't remember a time in the last 2 years where people didn't constantly gripe about the state of standard, and i barely even pay attention to set spoilers anymore. plus the many catastrophes they've visited on modern in that time, and to a much lesser extent, legacy. which one was garfield involved with?

hell i'm struggling to think of the last standard set i bought into in any fashion, maybe the first neo-eldrazi release?

BG Level

He was on Dominaria.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Rich just confirmed that the Beta Rochester Draft will be shown live on Sunday.

BG Level

Do we have a list of players in it?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

1. LSV
    2. Martin Juza
    3. Ben Stark

Remaining spots filled from various tournaments during GP Vegas.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

A lot of people playing funky decks with a lot of life gain to counter red aggro now, and they all lose to UB for free. Counterspell/vraskas contempt spam with torren_tial gearhulk is ridiculous, especially when you are reanimating them with scarab god and liliana. Back to the good old days of completely locking people out lol.

BG Level

Outside of RB, Esper control is the best deck, if you want a decent chance against the entire field. I went undefeated with it at the RTPQ (can't say the same for my teammates ;c ).

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

A guy from my LGS was in the beta draft. He sat next to the guy who opened a time walk lol.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Outside of RB, Esper control is the best deck, if you want a decent chance against the entire field. I went undefeated with it at the RTPQ (can't say the same for my teammates ;c ).
    Dunno if arena is the same card pool as regular magic now, but I've played against esper a few times recently and haven't lost to it yet. Maybe it is better against aggro, but I'm so sick of teferi I don't think I could stomach playing it myself. Those approach decks with 4x of him can go die in a fire.

Think I have a good win rate against everything lately that isn't mono-red or RB, despite those being the only decks I'm teching against lol. There is a singleton event starting tomorrow thou, can't imagine that hyper-aggro shit will fly there.

BG Level

Well, Arena's competition level isn't remotely close to MTGO or a GP. And yes, it plays 2~3 Teferi. I do believe Arena has the full standard pool, now. Approach is only good against the decks that control already runs over, so I personally don't think it should be seeing play. It is a much better idea to be playing 4x Vraska's Contempt and Gearhulk.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Approach in arena was before they added kaladesh, it was the second most popular deck from what I saw, at least at higher ranks. Nobody seems to play it anymore thou.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

oh cool blue gets a 1-mana containment priest, awesome, thx wizards. can't wait to see every DRS deck in legacy also jamming these. at least it doesn't have flash, i guess?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    oh cool blue gets a 1-mana containment priest, awesome, thx wizards. can't wait to see every DRS deck in legacy also jamming these. at least it doesn't have flash, i guess?
    I'm not seeing it. Link?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag