+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Open beta is out. There is a free singleton event. Still no friends list.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

shameless self-promotional necro

since i rarely get to play anymore, i'm gonna be listing my duals for sale shortly. if anyone on BG is interested i'm happy to give any of you first dibs before they go up on the FB high end group.

3x underground sea
    2x tropical island
    2x badlands
    1x bayou

everything is in played condition, i'd say most everything should rate at MP, nothing is in questionable condition as far as playability at any rate. one badlands is italian, and one is signed. everything else is bog-standard 3E washed out white border tilted-t-tap-symbol goodness. happy to provide a decent break on price if anyone is bold enough to buy the lot & would include tracked fedex shipping within the US as well. detailed photos available for anyone interested of course. let me know!

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I'm so fucking glad I decided to drop out of MTGA after the first nerf to free players last year.
    Then it nerfs again in the middle of this year when they put in a battle pass system.
    And now MTGA is going to get a standard rotation. That's expected, and fine.
    But getting "historic" cards will have double the wildcard cost (still shit to earn), and you can't get historic packs with gold, only 45 pack bundles for real cash.

Get fucked Hasbro.

Wait, lets see if MTGO...
    https://twitter.com/IsMTGOStillBad
    ...nvm

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

I've never, ever seen a company that makes poor decision, after poor decision, after poor decision like WoTC. Literally every single thing they do is stupid as shit.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I gave up on MTGA shortly after the beta ended. The F2P went from stingy as hell to even more so, and the game in general was way less interesting after the rotation. They also fucked matchmaking with that deck score thing, which resulted in a huge percentage of games being mirror matches, but maybe that has been fixed by now.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I'd say there needs to be a FreeCiv/OpenTTD of MTGO, but it exists, and it has the same issue as MegaMek in having a shitty UI/UX.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

I have been so far out of magic because of kids that I have no idea what is going on but I am excited about that set. Might be a worthwhile set to return for.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

It isn't, Hasbro has jacked the monetization of the game WAY up.

BG Level

Magic has never been in a worse place. Their formats have all been ruined over the last 2 years and they have tried fixing it by banning more cards than ever before over the last 2 years. It didn’t work.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Damn that is sad to hear. The last I looked so many new sets/products were coming out I couldn't even tell what was what so it kinda makes sense about the monetization being jacked up. Oh well I don't play standard anyway. I only like draft/sealed and legacy/Commander.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Haven’t really kept up since I sold my duals last year but every time I check in on the state of the game it always seems to be in a terrible place. I couldn’t believe the power level of the stuff that was running standard until that recent wave of mass bans.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    Haven’t really kept up since I sold my duals last year but every time I check in on the state of the game it always seems to be in a terrible place. I couldn’t believe the power level of the stuff that was running standard until that recent wave of mass bans.
    That shit they printed for Standard was literally taking over Vintage, Legacy, and Modern. Their design and testing team has been fucking atrocious.

Their organized play decisions have been even worse, multiplying issues.

For every good decision WOTC makes at this point they make 10 atrocious ones. I mean FFS they had to errata the main mechanic of an entire set, because it literally broke every single format.

BG Level

They are really bad at their job, and it likely stems from hiring friends, instead of real professionals. Maro is a blight on the game at this point.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I'll just repeat what I said last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    I'd say there needs to be a FreeCiv/OpenTTD of MTGO
    And to follow up on that, it needs a format management/ban council to do right what WotC isn't.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Yesterday in "WotC fucked up so hard it trended on twitter most of the day"

WotC has this Secret Lair thing, where they've been doing Supreme-like drops shit.

Yesterday, they announced a crossover with The Walking Dead, showing of Negan and Michonne cards, with more to come.
    They are legally playable, they are mechanically unique, they are not available any other way,
    and they do not use the same name tech as the Godzilla crossover cards did, so a functional reprint means you get a Llanowar/Fyndhorn situation in legacy.

Everybody is PISSED.

(Also, a ban & restricted announcement has people riled as well)

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    Yesterday in "WotC fucked up so hard it trended on twitter most of the day"

WotC has this Secret Lair thing, where they've been doing Supreme-like drops shit.

Yesterday, they announced a crossover with The Walking Dead, showing of Negan and Michonne cards, with more to come.
    They are legally playable, they are mechanically unique, they are not available any other way,
    and they do not use the same name tech as the Godzilla crossover cards did, so a functional reprint means you get a Llanowar/Fyndhorn situation in legacy.

Everybody is PISSED.

(Also, a ban & restricted announcement has people riled as well)
    WTF that doesn't make any sense. Up to this point the Secret Lair cards were simply functional reprints of existing cards with fancy artwork. I thought they were pretty cool. Making totally unique cards is obscenely stupid. The kinda good news is that those are print to order so anyone who wants them can get them but still.

BG Level

Worse than Secret Lair Walking Dead was the ban announcement.

Uro has been destroying the game for a long time, and they finally decide to ban it now that sealed product containing it has stalled. Fine, whatever. The new Omnath that came out last Friday is ridiculously overpowered in the format. They banned Uro hoping it would calm the Omnath deck down, when in reality it does almost nothing. Here are weekend 1 tournament results for the SCG:

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The Uro ban was stupid since it was basically a win more card in the Omnath deck.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag