+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

I'm done with playing the game, until they do some major overhauls to the gameplay. I bought some Japanese foil Box toppers to keep a legacy/modern deck pimped to the limit, but I have no intentions to play. Just wanted to get them now before they skyrocket in price in 2 years.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What deck? Preferably post the entire deck since I like seeing pimped out eternal decks.

BG Level

I'll take a pic later and post. My modern deck is entirely foiled Japanese UW Control and my legacy deck is entirely Japanese foiled Miracles (though I haven't kept up with recent additions, like Uro). Most of my legacy deck is in a bank lock-box with my eternal cards/P9. I have all of my modern deck in a closet though.

BG Level

Here is the UW Control deck. This deck has changed more than any deck I've played in decades, so I divide it up between card type. All cards are foil, even though it is hard to tell (that is another gripe I have with WOTC these days). The goal is to have the deck in Japanese + Foil.

Images were huge, so I ripped them out of the post. Here is the album:

https://imgur.com/a/lssGjWl

Notes -

Basic Land. This started with Guru, then went to APAC for the Japanese part. Then I went to full-art foil Unstables, but they weren't available in Japanese. I have currently landed on the Godzilla lands, as they fit the theme perfectly:

Non-Basic Lands. I plan to replace the Expeditions with the new Japanese Foil Expeditions, but those had production delays and I haven't even seen one in existence yet.

Creature Package (Snapcasters are currently involved in a trade for Masters Art >> Ini Art)

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Beautiful deck! I agree with you about the Godzilla basics being a good fit. One thing I did notice was that the Baneslayer is Chinese, but I'm sure that will be easy to find with it being in M21. Seeing the Stoneforge package box toppers together was great to see. They did a great job with those arts. For the Colonnades, are you going to upgrade to the Expeditions versions?

Thanks for sharing the deck, I went Japanese non-foil back when I was playing regularly, so this was great to see.

BG Level

Yeah, you caught me on the Baneslayer haha. I need to swap it out. And yeah, I really like the new Collonade art so I’ll swap those out, even though that card isn’t seeing a lot of play right now (0-1 of in a lot of lists right now).

I’ll probably care more when they ban Uro from Modern.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

As expected, another B&R announcement.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...d-announcement

Standard:
    • Omnath, Locus of Creation is banned.
    • Lucky Clover is banned.
    • Escape to the Wilds is banned.

Historic:
    • Omnath, Locus of Creation is suspended.
    • Teferi, Time Raveler is banned.
    • Wilderness Reclamation is banned.
    • Burning-Tree Emissary is unsuspended.

Brawl:
    • Omnath, Locus of Creation is banned.

Effective Date: October 12, 2020
    So they let the format be shit because they didn't want to hurt initial sales and wanted to wait after [Insert Big Event Name I Can't Keep Up With] finished. Not like everyone was telling them Uro wasn't the problem (for once) and it was Omnath. Nope, not at all.

BG Level

I swore I never would, but I just started to sell off parts of my collection. I'm over their garbage.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/co...ase_2021_tldw/

Four commander decks from Universes Beyond featuring Warhammer 40k
    Full Booster Set from Universes Beyond featuring Lord of the Rings. It will be Modern legal and be available in Arena.
    Fortnite & Street Fighter Secret Lairs
    Fucks sake

New Un- set, Unfinity
    Dominaria United: "We are going home, everyone."
    The Brother's War: "We are going back to the days of Urza and Mishra. War machines galore."
    goddamnit.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

The new cards are getting out of control. New stuff is coming out so fast it is impossible to keep up with. In the past the reason why MTG was amazing was because you could easily take a break from the game and then get back into it pretty easily and know what was going on. It doesn't feel like that anymore.

BG Level

Their "spoiler" season is literally every single week now. Its horrible how they have mismanaged this thing. And I do not give a fuck what their bottom line is.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Constant release of new products takes all the excitement and anticipation out of it. It is overwhelming and not fun anymore. Which is a really weird feeling because I have been playing the majority of my life and have taken several long breaks and always felt like I could return but I am not sure now if I could play standard or modern again. I can always play kitchen table magic but not sure if I will go to the store for tournaments anymore.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I just found out about this and now I need to get one. Getting it signed by Sundi would make it even better. It's even red like Ferrari!

BG Level

What are the best outlets, if you wanted to sell say...several hundred grand in cards without getting robbed in value?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The best options I'm aware of would be the high-end group on Facebook as well as Razz (raffle) groups. Those seem like they tend to get the most value for sellers since you aren't paying as many fees as you would with something like ebay. Likely just Paypal fees (which you can have the buyer cover). The biggest downside I can think of is the time it will take to sell. If you're not in a rush, this would be my suggestion.

The few times I've cashed out high end cards, it has been at a GP. The prices were good for most of the cards at the time (I got more than I put into the cards and rejected offers I wasn't happy with). The biggest upside (at least for me) was not having to potentially deal with grading issues with buyers since they could see the cards physically. I'm sure you already know how critical many players are with cards, and that just wasn't worth the headache for me.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    What are the best outlets, if you wanted to sell say...several hundred grand in cards without getting robbed in value?
    I would think it depends on if you want to get close to retail value out of them or wholesale or if you want to sell them all at once or sell chunks. Honestly the safest way to get decent money for that high a value collection is to take them to a major retailer and sell them there. ChannelFireball etc. You will get less money that way percentage wise but it is safe. OR break it up into smaller chunks and sell them to private parties in person.

I would suggest a GP but are those being held right now?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    I would suggest a GP but are those being held right now?
    CFB is holding a big event in Vegas next weekend. Not a GP, but might as well be the same thing.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko View Post
    CFB is holding a big event in Vegas next weekend. Not a GP, but might as well be the same thing.
    Yeah a big event like that from CFB would be equivalent in terms of being able to sell cards. They always have booths there where they make an offer for your cards on the spot. Keep in mind though you will be getting buy list prices not retail value so you get slightly less. But it is much less stressful than trying to sell on craigslist or ebay.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

So, because I'm a weak bitch for Dominaria/Brother's War, I fired up Arena to F2P and build up gold for when it comes out. (Yes, the economy is still trash.)
    [I am gearing up to finally sell my old paper cards. Initial glance is looking around $1k, not too bad.]

I discover that Arena has been doing a format involving rebalancing/digital variants of cards, and digital only cards. (That you have to divert income to, making the economy worse again) This horseshit called Alchemy.

Arena shall soon be printing Magic's first six sided card

Fucks sake.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I like the idea behind Alchemy, but the execution has been terrible. There are cards I like and want to use, but ever since they nerfed cards in the past and gave no compensation, I'm not wasting (rare/mythic) resources on crafting them unless it's something I really want (typically 1x for Historic Brawl). Having smaller set-themed subsets has been okay, but I'm not really a fan of larger standalone sets like this one, even if some of the cards are just adjusted versions of paper cards.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag