BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    EDIT: 2018 and assholes still rage quit and/or give up on 2/3 in casual matches.
    I played a guy in battle lounge, beat him 2-0. In lounge chat he says, "Connection slow," so I leave.

He then sends me 79 (I counted) consecutive Battle Lounge requests.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

How in the bloody hell do you send someone a friend request? Is Rival Search > "Add to Favorites" the invite system?

Edit: Nvm, finally figured it out. You have to go to Rival Search > add to fav > view profile > open sub-menu. That is so poorly implemented lol.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Day 3. I keep trying to focus attack shit. I keep forgetting you don’t die from chip unless super. I also have no idea how to fight Akuma with Ed.

Any tips other than git gud?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

English voice Akuma, fucking gross

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

He sounds like he has a gravely dick in his mouth in English.

BG Level

So Kbrad.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

In case anyone was taking the "concerns" from certain people about godlike jab AAs in good faith:

https://twitter.com/Mir_40778/status/953675690288799746

In short: the improvements to the hitboxes of both jumpins and real AAs make most jab AAs a bad idea, particularly when combined with the nerfs to air resets. You are risking a full jumpin combo for a low damage AA with ~no frame advantage on land.

BG Level

That's cute.

I had a Guile last night AA jab the shit outta of me with a hitbox the size of fucking texas.

EDIT: Alphabee just AA cr. jab'd the shit outta Wolfkrone just now at Frosty Faustings lol.

BG Level

Anyone who tries to tell you jab AA isn’t a thing or isn’t good in AE is an absolute bafoon.

Juri, Ed, and Guile off the top of my head can abuse it ALL day.

Deejay smoking some shit and just hadn’t ran into it day 1!! Lol

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

As Juri, Ed, and Guile are being specifically cited:

Spoiler: show

Feel free to file godlike jab AAs next to SF5 is a dead game that nobody likes.

BG Level

I don't know what to tell you. I'm sure it was nerfed and addressed specifically by the dev team, but it's still an issue. Maybe nowhere near as prevalent as it was before, I wouldn't know, but it's most definitely still there. This isn't me regurgitating some r/kappa talking point, I legit experienced it first hand.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

They nerfed it. I play Necalli who literally had the best jab AA and it's probably 30% of what it was before. Obviously I can still use it situationally but that doesn't mean it wasn't significantly nerfed.

SFIV had anti air jabs that beat cross up attempts. Same with SF3's jabs beating neutral jumps clean. Anti air jabs have always been a thing, it's just that they were roided out in SFV. The nerfs bring AA jabs to arguably acceptable power levels.

BG Level

I’ve been AA jab’d more times in the last week than I have been throughout the entire series of SF4, Vanilla through Ultra. Don’t even begin to compare the two lmfao.

I see what you’re getting at, but it’s just simply not true regardless of any official release notes. Necallis may no longer be his best option for every situation, but that doesn’t mean it’s true for other characters. Juri and Ed’s seem 10x better than before, despite the fact that we’re supposedly nerfed lol.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    SFIV had anti air jabs that beat cross up attempts. Same with SF3's jabs beating neutral jumps clean. Anti air jabs have always been a thing, it's just that they were roided out in SFV. The nerfs bring AA jabs to arguably acceptable power levels.
    I remember Rufus having a good AA jab at close and long range, but his standing fierce was better at range. SFV did just what you said, though, in roiding them out into absurdity.

All buttons should be useful, but boxing out opponents with a weak jab is crazy. This ain't professional boxing: you shouldn't be able to keep everyone at bay with a defensive jab all day.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Cant wait to play this on PC, Ryu my best playable char.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by VergilD View Post
    Cant wait to play this on PC, Ryu my best playable char.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    This. AA jabs have existed in every SF, but they are normally either a) a tool given to specific characters that lack fast defensive options or b) used with unpredictable timing as an unexpected AA.

For example, the hitbox/hurtbox on Dhalsim's jab was unchanged in AE because AA is specifically the function of that move (it's a 3 frame AA but 4 frame against anything else). Other jabs were nerfed because those characters aren't supposed to have that as a tool, but that doesn't mean you can't use them ever. It just means that you cannot rely on them as consistent AA, because your opponent will be able to stuff them if they know they are coming.

One specific item of note is that crossup buttons did not receive any of the jumpin buffs. So Karins or Lauras that are still using j.MK in non-crossup situations are going to get AAed with weak stuff (maybe even jabs!) because they are being lazy and trying to use one-size-fits-all air offense. Use a heavy attack instead.

Not sure if it was already linked, but this page lists all the discovered differences that were not listed in official patch notes.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Anyone who tries to tell you jab AA isn’t a thing or isn’t good in AE is an absolute bafoon.

Juri, Ed, and Guile off the top of my head can abuse it ALL day.

Deejay smoking some shit and just hadn’t ran into it day 1!! Lol
    AA jabs are gone you are just timing your jump in attacks wrong. so far i have only traded or beaten jabs clean with jump ins using hard punch or kick

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I looked up a couple of Weltall's matches on replay vs. Ed and Juri, and he is right: he gets AA jabbed all day long. Like 2x each round.

The reason why is because his Karin basically only attacks with jump MK (and quite a few of those AA jabs were crossunder, which should tell you something). In the matches I saw, the two times he tried j.HK vs. AA jab resulted in 1) counterhit (meaning Weltall did not get to active frames, i.e. poor timing) and 2) trade.

user error bruh

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    AA jabs are gone you are just timing your jump in attacks wrong. so far i have only traded or beaten jabs clean with jump ins using hard punch or kick

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    LOL WHAT!? Go to training mode for all of 30 seconds. This post can not be serious LOL. Go and select Dhalsim and press standing jab.....

Haven’t you played this game all along? I’ve fucked around with it for like a grand total of a week, with next to no training mode, and I couldn’t come up with such a ridiculous statement if I tried.

Are you “trying” to say: “you can always setup a safe jump off a knockdown”?

I’m going to have to save this gem for every time one of the top players in the World lose to AA jab lmfao. Almost as bad as the people on here who thought MVCI was going to be successful.