+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Almost as bad as the people on here who thought MVCI was going to be successful.
    lololol welt, never change

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    lololol welt, never change
    Bro, what the hell do you respond with when a person straight up says "AA jabs were removed" and someone like me that doesn't even play the damn game can refute it in 30 seconds? Damane seems like a nice person, but has some REAL hot takes.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I thought MVC:I looked at least a little fun, moreso than SFV, though I guess that's comparing it to SFV so that's not really fair RIP Capcom fighting games tho for a good bit. At least there's Monster Hunter.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So now Weltall is citing Dhalsim - the character whose jab is there specifically for anti-air and has a hitbox on frame 3 directly above his head that can only hit airborne targets - as "evidence" of Godlike AA Jabs Throughout The Game. What happened to Juri and Ed and Guile?

I sure hope one character doesn't have any kind of throw loop remaining, because then that will mean that throw loops are still widespread and unchanged across the roster!

Just take the L.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

This thread... lmao, never change people.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This is some good shit~

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I pretty much never post on BG anymore, but I came back to this thread just to say this:

People still argue with Weltall the Whiny about fighting games?

Man, it's been literally a decade since I saw that guy whining in shout in Qufim about how nobody wanted to party with him and it was unfair. I guess some things never change.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I've got no time to argue personally. He'll just call out how I don't play fighting games or whatever, and how I should just be ignored on the subject if I voice opinions, so

delicious FFXI scoops tho.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob View Post

Man, it's been literally a decade since I saw that guy whining in shout in Qufim about how nobody wanted to party with him and it was unfair. I guess some things never change.
    The hell are you talking about? lol. I used shout in that game like a handful of times, across a decade, and led my own shell and partied with only my shell 99% of the time. I'm going to assume you're talking about AscendantSky days and I have no idea what you're talking about lol.

And if you're wanting ffxi scoops, I was notorious across several servers and sold services to cross-server shells, along with completely monopolizing my own server. BG and other sites have some classic discussions archived. Nothing new.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm just enjoying the show.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Lolwat @ this thread, unearthing some Fenrir drama (like fucking 14 years ago...).

AAs are srs bsns. For what it's worth, been trading/stuffing Necalli's jab AA a lot more often but getting shit on by jab AA during some cross-up attempts is still a thing.

BG Level

Damn, now I miss the ol' FFXI days.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    For what it's worth, been trading/stuffing Necalli's jab AA a lot more often but getting shit on by jab AA during some cross-up attempts is still a thing.
    The intended resolution is to use non-crossup attacks (usually heavies). Capcom didn't buff crossup jumpin attacks because they shouldn't be used as one-size-fits-all in the first place. You should use crossups to when you want to actually crossup, and use non-crossup attacks otherwise.

The days of characters like Laura and Karin using one air button for everything are over. Now people have to use more deliberate decision making in selecting air normals. (It bears mentioning that most normals that were buffed as jumpins were also downgraded as air-to-air, while many j.MPs received air-to-air improvements.)

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    I've got no time to argue personally. He'll just call out how I don't play fighting games or whatever, and how I should just be ignored on the subject if I voice opinions, so
    That's because you aren't using his option select for game commentary: buy a game (e.g. MVCI) on Steam and install it, play it for 5 minutes, declare it trash and get a refund. Then you will have the moral authority to make declarations like this without being a massive hypocrite:

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    I’m not convinced you even own SFV to be able to give an opionion, in the first place.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    The intended resolution is to use non-crossup attacks (usually heavies). Capcom didn't buff crossup jumpin attacks because they shouldn't be used as one-size-fits-all in the first place. You should use crossups to when you want to actually crossup, and use non-crossup attacks otherwise.

The days of characters like Laura and Karin using one air button for everything are over. Now people have to use more deliberate decision making in selecting air normals. (It bears mentioning that most normals that were buffed as jumpins were also downgraded as air-to-air, while many j.MPs received air-to-air improvements.)
    And that's what I've been doing. I don't use the cross-up button unless I'm going for a cross-up. Hurtbox on a lot of those attacks is still bonkers letting people hit you when you're behind them. I'll concede that not all of them are perfect attempts but it's still infuriating to get hit by jab AA when you could fart on the back of their head.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

SFV x Monster Hunter
    Spoiler: show

Monster Hunter fans, gather around, and join the quest for the Rathalos, Zinogre, and Kirin Armor Crossover Costumes for Ken, R. Mika, and Ibuki in Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition!

In the world of Monster Hunter, players forge different sets of armor from colossal monsters they slay during their journey; Rathalos, Zinogre, and Kirin are just a few of these fearsome foes. These three Crossover Costumes are inspired by their respective armor sets and will be obtainable in the SFV: AE Extra Battle Mode, starting next month!

How does Extra Battle mode work?

Every month, there will be at least one unique costume like a Crossover Costume up for grabs, which can only be obtained by playing Extra Battle Mode with Fight Money. Here’s the flow of how to go about getting these costumes:

• Each costume requires you to complete four challenges that take place over the span of a month – one challenge per week.

• Each time you attempt one of these challenges, you must spend 2,500 Fight Money. In other words, if you successfully complete each of the weekly challenges in one go, you can get that Extra Battle Costume for 10,000 FM!

• Once you complete all four challenges, the costume for that month is yours!

• These challenges are time exclusive, so make sure to log in each week to complete them, especially if you have your eyes on that month’s unique costume.

In the Monster Hunter series, Rathalos is a flying wyvern who hunts from the skies by surprising his prey. He utilizes his poisonous talons, fiery projectiles, and clubbed tail to attack any creature foolish enough to step into his territory. As a fighter who utilizes fire in his move set, Ken is the perfect character to don the Rathalos Armor Crossover Costume.

Zinogre is a wyvern with canine features, including sharp fangs and claws. He can charge himself up to unleash electrical attacks that leaves hunters more susceptible to being stunned. R. Mika’s V-Skill, Mic Performance, is a prime example of charging up to execute a devastating attack, which makes her suitable for the Zinogre Armor Crossover Costume.

Kirin is an Elder Dragon who is normally peaceful, but will not hesitate to strike his foes with lightning or use his sharp horn to defend himself. Though Ibuki does not have any lightning abilities, her agility and lightning-fast reflexes embody how Kirin fights, making her a fitting character for the Kirin Armor Crossover Costume.
    http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumsli...arcade-edition

As cool as these look, they take a bit of effort to get.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've always been a great SF player, but anyone on this board who's played against me will tell you otherwise.

I realize this is probably because SFV is a completely different game than what I'm used to owning people at (never got into III and IV, but reigned supreme on SNES era SFIIs and PS1 Alpha titles).

Fighting people online and even game AI finally made me realize combos are a big part of this game, and probably why I don't really shine, as I never use mediums, tending to focus on low/high attacks in my style of play. Also, I still don't see the point of EX moves; someone please enlighten me.

That said, I'm looking to improve, and figured the best way to git gud, is to arrange for a stick controller, where I can have better access to all the buttons I need. PS4 controllers are nice and all, but I can't properly play fighting games using the top buttons. Just doesn't work for me.

TL;DR: Looking for recommendations for PS4 arcade sticks. Something that'll last, but isn't overly expensive. Doesn't have to be dirt cheap either, so I guess I'm looking for mid-range (maybe 300 usd tops).

Thanks.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Street Fighter V AE: RIP SRK

$300 usd is quite significant. For ps4, you can net:

Hori HRAP4 Kai - $150
    Qanba Obsidian - $200
    Qanba Dragon - $300

If that’s your price range, my best recommendation is the Qanba Obsidian, has Sanwa Denshi parts, and looks sexy.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Obsidian is a nice blend of good quality and reasonable price.

Qanba Drone = Toyota Yaris
    Hori HRAP4 = Honda Civic
    Qanba Crystal = Toyobaru 86/BRZ
    [MadCatz TE = BMW 3 Series]
    Razer Panthera = Cadillac ATS
    Qanba Obsidian = Lexus IS
    Qanba Dragon = BMW 5 Series

BG Level

Here is the stick I rec:

https://www.amazon.com/Obsidian-Joys...70_&dpSrc=srch

EX moves add additional damage and stun to attacks. Sometimes they provide invincible frames.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast