1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 38 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 13 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 20 hours, 38 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Dark Knight, what are the best recommended melds for those that still wanna enjoy it?

Hello,

I have left DRK to dust since SB as I was really unpleased by the changes made to it, however I have got it to 70 and wanted to give it a chance as I want to take a lil break of DPS, I was wondering if Tenacity is still as Bad as people calculated or if it is now acceptable as I see a mix of everything when I check people.

I have done my researches too, but before I make a decision I would like your opinion on the matter as I know you guys will be helpful when it comes to ingame stats knowledge.

Thank you!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

*looks at melds*

Just meld Direct Hit. Strength if its an accessory (And if you can overmeld do Direct Hit).

There's not enough crit for it to overtake Direct Hit. Tenacity isn't quite there yet to help healer DPS (However if progressing it could be useful).

Det is well... det.

Maybe next patch we'll see crit surge depending on how the gear drops work for Tank. Right now BiS consists of mostly Augmented Allagan left side w/ Genji Helm, crafted right side w/ overmelds. And a whole lotta direct hit melds.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Thank you, this is what I thought but wasn't sure.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Tried to look this up but it's unclear. Was the update that made tank damage (partially) based off VIT retconned?

I have a LV60something tank and I'm trying to figure out what's more damaging at i270: VIT accessories with STR melds, or STR accessories with DRH melds.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Stormblood retconned attack power from VIT.

Your accessories will be melded with +STR and any overmelds as a DRK will be Direct Hit.

You can just use Lv. 60 era STR accessories as a level6X Tank. At level70 they add STR onto your fending accessories. Stormblood leveling fending accessories are job locked and do not feature STR.