+ Reply to Thread
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

FFRK - A Name Etched In Time (Type-0) Event & Strategies

Machina: Sorry I'm late guys...what happened?
    Ace: Machina, are you feeling okay?

Spoiler: show

Machina: Yeah, I'm fine. Why do you ask?

"When my transfer notice to Class Zero was put up, I was relieved." - Machina
    "When the war is over, what will I do?" - Rem
    "I wonder if Cinque has done her work yet." - Queen

I can't say this enough: If you have not played Type-0 go do yourself a favor and find the PS4 HD version and treat yo self 2018.

It is easily the best game to emerge from the mess that was Fabula Nova Crystallis, and aside from that it's the best written FF title since Tactics. The soundtrack is amazing to boot - "The Beginning of the End" is top 10 FF song material.

When Milites begins its attack on Rubrum, Arecia's Class Zero cadets are the only ones able to withstand the effect of the imperials' crystal jammer and thus are deployed to take it down.

During the capital liberation Queen finds Ace with a dying dominion legionary Izana, consoling him while telling him not to heal Izana, as the man is beyond recovery and he needs to reserve his strength for the group of Militesi soldiers she predicts will arrive shortly.

In contradiction to her inaction at the time, when she later stands up to Machina for thinking they willingly left his brother to die while chiding him for acting like a hero, Queen reveals she had remorse for Izana and that she would have saved him if he had suffered only minor injuries.

Queen and the other cadets tutored by Arecia destroy the empire's crystal jammers and Akademeia is liberated. Impressed by the cadets' prowess Chancellor Khalia Chival VI has them officially admitted with Machina and Rem also joining.

She is skeptical of the two newcomers, half-believing they had been set up as their "chaperones" and expecting them to prove their worth on the battlefield.

Event Start Date: January 24
    Event Bonus Battle: January 28
    Event End Date: February 4

All information is taken from a mixture of Reddit/Spreadsheets/Kongpakbao Site and my own obviously expert analysis.

Much info for the event comes from this site: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...od&sh=c58ee295

Though the information provided is used as a guideline and not always taken directly from the thread. When necessary, additional thoughts on Cid Missions and battle strategies are added.

Notable Rewards:
    Angel Earrings - Accessory. Mnd+15 and moderate KO resistance.

Gravelling Quadstrike - Spellblade 5*. Four hits of ST earth spellblade damage.

New Characters Acquired:
    Machina - Black Magic 3, White Magic 3, Spellblade 5, Combat 5
    Rem - Black Magic 5, White Magic 5, Summon 5, Celerity 4
    Queen - Black Magic 3, White Magic 3, Spellblade 5, Combat 4, Celerity 5, Knight 4

Dress Spheres Acquired:
    Spoiler: show

Old Characters Acquired:
    Ace
    Deuce

New Memory Crystals:
    Machina MC1/MC2
    Rem MC1/MC2
    Queen MC1/MC2

Old Memory Crystals
    Ace MC1/MC2
    Deuce MC1/MC2

New Record Materia:
    • Machina RM1: Deal slightly more damage with Spellblade abilities.
    • Machina RM2: Attack becomes an AoE physical attack with a long cast time.
    • Machina RM3: Deal much more damage with Spellblade abilities.

• Rem RM1: Increase mind a small amount when equipping daggers.
    • Rem RM2: Deal significantly more White Magic damage.
    • Rem RM3: Deal much more White Magic damage.

• Queen RM1: Small attack boost when equipping swords.
    • Queen RM2: Attack has no cast time.
    • Queen RM3: Moderate chance for Attack command to become Double Hit.\

New Record Sphere
    Machina: Spellblade +9%
    Rem: White Magic +9%, Healing +3%
    Queen: Sword +3%, Spellblade +6%

New Legend Materia
    • Rem "Spellmaster Exchange Student" - Small holy damage up.
    • Rem "Throne of Love" - Medium chance to doublecast White Magic abilities.
    • Machina "Swordsman Exchange Student" - Small Spellblade damage up.
    • Machina "Throne of Fear" - Chance to self Stoneskin when using Spellblade abilities.
    • Queen "Rational Prodigy" - Small Lightning damage up.
    • Queen "Secret Berserk" - Once per battle, when critical HP, self full heal and enter Trance Mode: Rakshasa (25s, Quickcast, ATK +50% / RES -50%).

Cid Missions
    • Beat '凶++ High Dragon' with a party which must contain at least 3 Type-0 synergy characters.

Now that Type-0 has a full kit, expect the next CM to be a full party of 5.

Relics
    Banner 1 is made worse by moving Ace's stuff to Banner 2.

Banner 2 is made better by Ace's stuff being on it.

Whats fun to note here is that Rem is FFRK's first dedicated attack White Mage. None of her SB's heal the party, and her Burst command can only heal herself.

Overall, theres a few good buffs here and this may be a good time to pick up Type-0 centric stuff for the future without relying on lucky draws or event banners.

Banner 1:

Rem and her unique approach grabs top billing on Banner 1. Her USB entry is 10 hits of holy/dark and en-holy with an EX mode of "Dominion". It carries a hefty Mind boost of 50%, but she takes a Def and Res hit of 15% each. Dominion is also a cycle type EX mode, granting her triple cast speed after hitting a weakness. While she isn't quote Cid Raines level (needing both USB and BSB to accomplish that without another mnd boost source), the fact you can dive her doublecast LM and the USB carries a hefty self mind boost, Rem can dish out the holy damage at a pretty nice clip.

Her BSB is a little interesting as well, playing up her attack white mage role. Entry is 8x AoE holy/dark hits, again with en-holy, and an Ether charge. Cmd1 carries a 4x ST holy/dark hit with a self heal, and Cmd2 is a self Magic Blink with a White Magic damage boost of 15% x3.

Finally, her SSB is a party Last Stand and Reraise.

Machina gets a little lost with all the strong spellblade competitors, but he does have the rare earth element attached to him. His entry is 10x ST earth/dark with en-earth, 2x of Yshtola's double blink, and 'Awakening' EX mode.

Awakening is a mix of Bartz and Noctis. Until Machina takes damage, his cast speed is doubled and he chases all Spellblade abilities with 4-6 hits of earth/dark/non auto-hit damage. Unlike Noctis, Machina will have to rely on the blinks because he doesn't have built in stoneskin on the USB without resorting to...

Machina's BSB! Cyclone Drive entries with 8x ST earth/dark damage with a party stoneskin of 30%. Cmd1 is 3x of earth/dark/non damage with 3 charges of increased Spellblade damage and Cmd2 is an additional Self Stoneskin.

His SSB may be more useful for the non-RS earth boost than its effects: party haste, Res+100%, and increases critical hit damage.

Deuce finishes up the banner with her instant USB medica, VoF cura BSB, and SSB.

Banner 2:

Queen and Ace make banner 2 equal to banner 1 in a lot of respects - but like Machina, Queen gets a little lost in the amount of Spellblades we have available.

Her USB lacks any EX mode, but is a self buff-suite in its own right. 10x ST lightning/dark damage with en-lightning, Atk/Def +30%, and doubles Spellblade cast speed.

Her BSB is the same lightning/dark element mix with an 8 hit ranged entry and a party crit fix at 50%. Cmd1 is similar to Machina's but with lightning/dark elements, and Cmd2 is a 2hit AoE with Atk/Def bargain.

Her SSB is an AoE lightning/dark barrage with instant party esuna.

Ace is a pretty good fire mage in his own right, but be careful because a lot of his attacks force him to be on the front lines. His OSB, USB, BSB, and SSB return.

Nine finishes things up with his BSB and SSB appearing.

Legend Materias:
    • Banner 1 - Rem: Mind buildup. White Magic hits 1% -> 25%.
    • Banner 1 - Machina: Begin fight with en-earth.
    • Banner 1 - Deuce: Stat buff duration +30%.

• Banner 2 - Queen: Small chance to doublecast lightning abilities.
    • Banner 2 - Ace: Small chance to add physical blink after using Black Magic abilities.
    • Banner 2 - Nine: Small chance to inflict small imperil wind when using Jump attacks.

Relic Discussion
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...sb&sh=c1164715

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Bonus Battles
    Weapon with the Name of a Devil
    Dainsleif
    HP: 1300,000
    Target Score:
    • Defeat Dainsleif without being KO'ed.

Weak: Lightning
    Absorb: None
    Resist: None
    Null: None
    Status Vulnerabilities: None

Notes: 100% physical, but will use Gravity based attacks at lower HP percentages.

Godhead Like a Castle Wall ++
    HP: 180,000
    Target Score:
    • Defeat the Golem without being KO'ed.

Weak: None
    Absorb: None
    Resist: All except Earth
    Null: Earth
    Status Vulnerabilities: None

Notes: 100% physical, but also omni-resistant and negates earth damage.

Super Soldier +++
    Akkad
    HP: 200,000
    Target Score:
    • Defeat Akkad without being KO'ed.

Absorbs: None
    Resists: None
    Null: Fire, Ice, Lightning, Earth, Wind, Water
    Vulnerabilities: None

Notes: 100% physical but in his weaker phases his attacks are all ranged, so be mindful of back row characters.

Also note the elemental resistances.

Ultimate + Apocalypse Battles
    Full Returnee
    General Bashtar
    HP: 270,000
    Target Score:
    • RDefeat General Bashtar with at least heroes not KO'ed.

Weak: Fire, Lightning, Wind
    Resists: None
    Null: Earth

Notes: Similar to the Ahriman fights from FFXII. When Bashtar is able to be hit by physical melee attacks, he is immune to magic. When he lifts off and melee hits won't connect, you can then hit him with magic.

Not entirely physical, and his two ST magic attacks can cause some pain. But nothing to worry about status wise.

High Dragon
    凶Flyvern
    HP: 300,000
    Target Score:
    • Reduce Flyvern's magic.

Weak: Dark
    Resist: Fire, Ice, Lightning, Earth, Wind, Water

Moveset:
    Attack (PHY: ST 110% physical)
    Thunder Breath (NAT: AOE 342% piercing0.5 magical thunder)
    Tackle (PHY: 2T 300% physical)
    Landing Attack (PHY: ST 422% physical)
    Fireball (NAT: AOE 390% piercing0.5 magical fire)

Notes: Flyvern does have mixed offense, but his 2 magic attacks are piercing so you can leave Shellga at home. You'll still want to carry magic mitigation though.

Thunder and Fire are his two main elements, so you can have up to 4 accessories that hit both of those elements. (2x Gigas, 2x Necrophobe).

Otherwise, its a fairly straightforward fight.

Cid Mission: His elemental resist make it difficult to bring someone like Ace, but can probably be the dead weight here (assuming Nine and Deuce are at 80+) with simple stuff like Ruinga and Meteor because you only need 3 for the CM.

Nine has a few non elemental Jump options and Deuce is good for healing.

Guardian of Dawn (Apoc +)
    滅Shinryu Celestia (w/Target)
    HP: Shinryu: 450,000 - Target: 30,000
    Target Score:
    • Reduce Shinryu Celestia's magic.

Resist: None

Moveset:
    (Default only) Attack (PHY: ST 110% physical)
    (Default/Weak only) Attack (NAT: ST 266% physical)

Fire Breath (NAT: AOE 438% magical fire)
    Thunder Breath (NAT: RT 370% magical thunder, 7 hits)
    Predation (NAT: ST 422% physical)

Notes: This guy is tanky. Like Emina bustline levels of thicc.

20k Def and 25k Res.

Periodically through the fight, Shinryu will spawn a Target that, when defeated, drops Shinryu's defense and res to 10% of their values. Playing with that mechanic is the crux of the fight.

Radiant Shield is a strong option here, allowing you to find a nice agreement point between turtling and doing damage without wasting hones too much while you wait for the Target to wail.

Jump Start Notes: No changes from Apoc version.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

How often do we get Tyoe-0 events?

I have no SBs for the realm and since I don't consider it a mainline entry I dont really WANT to pull for any. I was able to clear this event and it's only CM, and had no issues soloing both MPs.

Will I regret not filling in a Type-0 team?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

we should get another type 0 event around june

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Do we ever get a 5* Support character?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

yes
    Cinque:
    Combat 5, Support 5, Heavy Combat 5, Black Magic 3, White Magic 3

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

It's one of those realms (like XI) where events aren't often enough to warrant saving for, but when you probably need to pull for some synergy you can't.

For overall resources, Deuce only gets a USB here and a BSB appearance on the next event B2 - so utility is kind of equal between both events. So it really comes down to if you like Rem + Machina and can manage a pull or two before the anniversary or like King + Cinque and save a little for that down the line.

Edit: Scratch that. Forgot Deuce has BSB and SSB on B1 here too. If you're looking for overall utility (heals, damage, support) then B1 is a better option. Need to gauge that against anniversary however.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Need to gauge that against anniversary however.
    yeah, I think this is the source of questions really. The only reason I was able to complete this CM was because the monster was weak to Dark, so Cid Raines destroyed it, and the CM only required 3 people from the relm - so I brought a healer, a BLM, and... I don't even know what the 3rd character did. If the CM required an entire party of Type-0s, I'm pretty sure I would have failed.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Well, the last XI CM needed a full party but could still be completed with a I think a Squall BSB2 RW an no unique SB's for the XI cast.

DeNa does tend to handicap realms like this a little bit, often just enough to at least sneak past with a clear (not necessarily mastery) with good hones and smart use of the RW.

Like a Cid Raines RW probably could be enough offense to clear this CM, dedicating the other 4 members to a support or heal role.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Last boss is pissing me off as I am having trouble targeting that damn add after he does cannibalize so I can weaken him, and after the first one, the add despawns pretty damn quick.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Last boss is pissing me off as I am having trouble targeting that damn add after he does cannibalize so I can weaken him, and after the first one, the add despawns pretty damn quick.
    I really hate when an add pops right on top of the main target - I was having this issue with Rinoa/Adel.

Sorry, I don't have a fix or recommendation for this - it's annoying.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I finally beat it. Cannibalize not being fixed to go along with the fact his lightning attack blows major donkey balls made this annoying with zero synergy.