sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    He nixed his NMC to stay in Ottawa over Vegas, and now hes waiving it to go to LA

L OL
    For a dude married to an actress it makes perfect sense.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Wow Slovenia just beat USA in the olympics

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Yeah I'm sure the NCAA all-star team put up a great fight.

BG Level

Canucks announce contract extension for GM Jim Benning. Stream the press conference LIVE on Canucks Facebook at 12pm PT.

All Vancouver fans are like:

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

That is a fantastic gif

BG's Official Canucks Fan
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by bori View Post
    Canucks announce contract extension for GM Jim Benning. Stream the press conference LIVE on Canucks Facebook at 12pm PT.

All Vancouver fans are like:

Love the gif but you're crazy if you think all Vancouver fans don't like it. I would have rather they extended him 2-3 years as they did then sign Ken Holland in the summer for 5 years. That being said if Benning re-signs Gudbranson rather then trading him at the deadline my opinion might change. But last trade deadline and the last draft he did very well so I'd like to see if that was a fluke or if he's finally starting to get a feel for this team and how to build it up.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah have to give Benning some credit, now that he isn’t forced to try and make the Canucks a playoff team and can reshape the roster, he’s made some really savvy signings and trades in the last year.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Thoronas View Post
    Love the gif but you're crazy if you think all Vancouver fans don't like it. I would have rather they extended him 2-3 years as they did then sign Ken Holland in the summer for 5 years. That being said if Benning re-signs Gudbranson rather then trading him at the deadline my opinion might change. But last trade deadline and the last draft he did very well so I'd like to see if that was a fluke or if he's finally starting to get a feel for this team and how to build it up.
    Honestly, was just reflecting the reaction on twitter and wanted an excuse to use that gif. Haha

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Just hope he doesnt use words like:
    "Have a 5 year plan"
    "build through the draft", then trade all the homegrown talent away
    "Puck moving defensemen are hard to get", then trade away/let walk 4 in 2 years (PK beaulieu markov and Sergachev)
    "When youre offered Shea Weber, you dont ask for more" in justification for not getting more in the trade to offet Webers age and that hes signed untill hes over 40.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Perds down 3-0 going into the third last night against STL. We proceed to score three goals in the third, two of which came from Austin Watson of all people (including a shortie). Forsberg gets tripped on a break in OT and wins the game on a penalty shot. Los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

It's a good thing the Caps traded Forsberg a few years ago! I would hate to have him on my team. Much rather have a good player like Martin Erat!

Spoiler: show

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    You didnt actually have high hopes for this season, did you?
    No, but I hoped we would do a little better.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Brian Elliot out 5-6 weeks after surgery to repair a core muscle injury

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    It's a good thing the Caps traded Forsberg a few years ago! I would hate to have him on my team. Much rather have a good player like Martin Erat!

My original reaction to the trade:

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

You guys bringing up the Forsberg trade, I decided to go back and check out how we reacted.

Lots of quotes inside, here you go.

Me the day before, respoding to Cail asking what the Caps should do at the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    You guys are crazy about thinking Gaborik is a crappy pick-up. Yes, for this year he is but he will be beast again next year. It's his normal routine, be beast, take an entire year off, be beast again the next year.

To Cail, I'd like the Caps to be selective sellers. Get rid of some over priced trash, ie Schultz, Ward(notgonnahappen), and pick up something very nice for Ribs that will help the next several years.

I don't think they will be very active though, and will probably try to pick up some lame old dude who used to be decent 3 years ago.

As I was saying at the start of the season, at this point we really need to hope Forsberg and Kuznetsov join the team next year, but it's probably doubtful they both will. that would be a huge infusion of talent we need though.
    The breaking news the very next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoronas View Post
    Caps have made a trade but they still havent said who or for what. VERY curious since the level of secrecy around this is absurd.
    Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
    One of theories floated....Wash has trades Filip Forsberg. If that's the case...return must be huge. #tradecentre

oh god no
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefan View Post
    Caps let go of Forsberg? Whaaaaaaaaaaat?
    Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno
    #caps RT @cotsonika: Informed speculation: Erat for Forsberg, with some other things involved. Erat has a no-trade clause but wants out.
    ugh, that would be retarded..
    Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno
    Martin Erat is a 31-year-old winger who shoots left-handed. Has 4 goals, 17 assists in 36 games for #Preds this season.

Do Not Want
    yea, there better be a ton more in that trade if we give up Forsberg
    I'm projecting Forsberg to be a sure fire superstar!

Erat has some injury concerns here and there and I don't see the Caps as a contender this year, so I think giving up the future to win now is stupid. I'm not even sure where to put him, he's not a pure goal scorer like we need. MoJo has been great lately on the first with Nick and Alex. Second line with Ribs and Laich? Now it's a flimsy line w/o Brouwer. Third line with nobody? I don't care for it. I don't know enough about Latta but he got better each year in the OHL, isn't lighting up the AHL atm though, we'll see but I don't like it so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishido View Post
    Forsberg has played 0 games in the AHL let alone the NHL, it's far too soon to be saying he's more valuable than Erat. Not surprising that people underrate a player from the Preds not named Weber or Suter though.
    I'm not undervaluing Erat, he's talented. I'm saying the Caps don't look like a contender this year, so giving up your top prospect for a player that MIGHT help you MAKE the playoffs, is fucking stupid. Forsberg is playing well in Europe, which isn't a joke league and he's the type of player we need, physical scorer.
    Counterpoint: Ville Leino, Ilari Filppula, the other hundreds of Euros who are good in Europe and shit in NA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Wow caps really shit the bed
    I don't think you get it. The point is, the Caps traded their top prospect, widely regarded as one of the top prospects in all of the NHL, for a CHANCE to get into the playoffs this year. Not to win the Cup, cause nobody would look at this team and say, Yep, they just won the Cup with that trade. This isn't a trade that's going to get them a Cup and they just gave up a guy who POTENTIALLY, could be HUGE. It doesn't even matter if he busts or booms. This was a desperate trade to win now, when we aren't going to win it all anyways and it was a bad trade.

and seriously, Erat is not what we need. He's a 20g/40a skill guy when we need a 30g/20a physical guy. (which is what Forsberg is projected to be btw, if not better)
    It's not a rental, it is a trade to solidify the top 6 and scoring for this season and the next 2.

I get the mindset of "always look for who will be the best player and best fit" because it's all the Wings ever do, but sometimes trading futures for a good player now is successful. What Forsberg brings may not be what the Caps need in 4 years when he makes it to the NHL.

I'm not trying to say it's a great trade by the Caps, but from the outside it doesn't look bad for either party involved.
    Wulfy replying to Cail asking if Latta is any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    Yeah, he's an NHL ready bottom six center that's hugely physical; he was on the docket to get called up this year but our Center depth is actually pretty good. Lots of PIMs, fights, and big hits, but actually a pretty solid playmaker. I see him ending up as a 3rd line Center scoring ~40 pts a year.

NSH may have won the trade somewhat, but I think half the Caps fans crying on HFBoards have never seen the Preds play. Erat is quite possibly one of the most consistent forwards in the NHL; guy has had 50+ points every season since like 03-04 IIRC on one of the worst offensive clubs in the NHL. He has fantastic puck control and is a great skater with very solid two-way play to boot, even by NSH standards where every forward is good both ways. He has been my favorite player in the NHL for like five years now and I am really sad he was traded.

Frankly I'm nervous; I hope Forsberg is as awesome as advertised, but we just traded our best forward for him. Strategically it makes sense to go for elite prospects given the trajectory of our team, but man it's Erat; thought he would be a Pred for life.

Something else that happened a few days before just to make Cail more sad.

Hey Bregs

Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno
    Newly signed college free agent D Nate Schmidt on ice with #Caps. Would be first in franchise history to wear No. 88 in game.

tl;dr
    God damn I was so right it makes me sad.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I also said CBJ would win the Cup with Gaborik the next year (as a joke) and they traded him to LA who did win the Cup with him. I'm too fucking good.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

god damn it

BG Level

Well that was weird, watching this MTL/COL game and there was a high-sticking penalty on COL but the ref didn't call it right away, and COL pulled the goalie and skated with an extra attacker for a good 15-20 seconds even though the penalty was on them, lol

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Kadri bags a hat trick and a 5-point game, Freddy gets a 54 save win.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast