FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

State of Play - December, Rumored Resident Evil 3 Remake Reveal
    The year is almost over, but we’ve got one more State of Play to share with you!

It airs Tuesday, December 10 at 6:00am Pacific Time / 9:00am Eastern Time, and you can watch live on Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter.

We’ve got around 20 minutes of new game reveals, release date announcements, new gameplay footage, PlayStation Worldwide Studios updates, and more. And it probably bears repeating: Don’t expect any updates related to our next-gen plans in this episode.
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019...y-december-10/
    https://www.twitch.tv/playstation

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

So I think my PS4 failed to update yesterday and I've never had a problem with it before so I don't know if there's a trick to fixing it other than hard reset.

When it boots up, it asks for an update file through USB. I did that following the directions on Sony's website. It took the update and installed it but when it cycled the power to reboot after the update, it says "checking system storage" and then says it failed to boot up and goes back to asking for an update file. I also tried installing from the internet through safe mode - that also worked, but the same exact thing happened. Update installs, reboots, can't boot up.

I would have already hard reset but I don't want to lose my FFXV save file because it has time-limited events recorded in it like the Mog Carnival and stuff =/ Any options?

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'd say call Sony and see what you can do.

Also in future if you can't save anything (or even if you can!); Get yourself a usb hdd or thumb drive and back your stuff up pretty regularly. You will have to reformat it in some form of FAT32, but yes you can back up a PS4. (Has to be in exFAT or FAT32, you can find out how to do that online.) I try to do that after every time I beat something, since I don't trust hdds to be honest! Here's how to do that. I've been doing full backup on my backup drive btw. ^^

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Thanks. I don't use my PS4 that much and I have a PS2 that still works so I didn't really expect my PS4 to die so soon lol. I guess I'll have to get in the habit of backing up files on it if I play another game on it >_>

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It sounds to me like the hard drive itself may have gone faulty rather than the PS4.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

That's what I was thinking but I wont know for sure until I hard reset it. I'll have more time to spend on it this week. If it's the hard drive I suppose there will be no way to get my XV save.

Banned.

BG Level

No ps+?

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Sad to say I rarely played games on my PS4 so it wouldn't have been worth it to me to get. I didn't even know you could back up saves to a cloud with ps+ until I had this trouble, and even if I had known before it still wouldn't have been worth it lol If I end up not being able to save the save, at least it's a good reason to ditch XV on PS4 and get the PC version.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Silenka; I don't have PS+ either. Tho yeah. I recommend everyone who doesn't BACK UP YOUR PS4 before THIS happens. I've had enough hdds die in my pcs that I'm wary of hdds, that's why I got anal about it. That reminds me..*gets out her usb hdd, does it again*

Seriously if you do a full one it saves your downloaded games too (think Silent Hills IF you have it) so you can put them back if your hdd bites it. Saves, EVERYTHING. Takes a while but so worth it if you rep the hdd for any reason (bad hdd, upgrading, etc.)

Yes, it's a hassle. Yes, this process can take a hour or so depending on how much stuff ya got on there. But like a PC; do you REALLY want to risk losing your stuff if your hdd goes bad? ...I don't think so.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Back Button Attachment Announced - January 23, 2020
    Today we’re excited to introduce the DualShock 4 Back Button Attachment to gamers of all skill levels who enjoy playing competitively. This new attachment elevates your gameplay by delivering more versatility and performance, while maintaining the comfort and feel of the DualShock 4 wireless controller you’ve come to love.

Its sleek design, with two programmable and highly tactile back buttons, allows you to utilize more of your hand to shorten your response time and gives you more flexibility in competitive gameplay.

• Responsive Back Buttons and High-fidelity OLED Screen: The two back buttons can map up to 16 different actions such as triangle, circle, R1 and R2 to name a few and provide amazing tactile feedback, so you can jump and slide without missing a beat. The attachment also features an integrated OLED display that provides real time information around button assignments.

• Highly Configurable: A dedicated button allows you to remap back button inputs on the fly, so you are always prepared no matter what game you’re playing. Furthermore, you can save and choose up to three different profiles for use in various games and there is also a headset pass-through for connecting any 3.5mm wired headset to the controller.

• Developed by PlayStation: The product is tested and approved for all of your favorite PlayStation 4 and PlayStation VR titles, and is built with the ergonomics of the DS4 in mind.

The Back Button Attachment launches in US and Canada on January 23, 2020, for SRP $29.99 USD, $39.99 CAD, so make sure to pick one up if you’re looking to play and compete at your best.

Ike Nnoli - Peripherals Global Marketing, SIE
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019...on-attachment/

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Feels a little late in the generation to release something like that? One which could have used four buttons, and not with a screen there to drive up production costs/drain battery.
    Well, if PS5 is backwards compat with PS4 controllers I guess one could get some mileage out of it at the least.

It's a nice idea regardless given that accessory port has almost been completely neglected this generation, much like with developers and the touch pad to my disappointment, since it's a giant multi-purpose hotspot/shortcut/gesture button no one wants to make real use of.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Feels a little late in the generation to release something like that? One which could have used four buttons, and not with a screen there to drive up production costs/drain battery.
    Well, if PS5 is backwards compat with PS4 controllers I guess one could get some mileage out of it at the least.

It's a nice idea regardless given that accessory port has almost been completely neglected this generation, much like with developers and the touch pad to my disappointment, since it's a giant multi-purpose hotspot/shortcut/gesture button no one wants to make real use of.
    Probably a way for them to test a few lingering PS5 ideas and recoup side R&D costs.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

What accessories use that now? I had forgot there was even a port there altogether.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    What accessories use that now? I had forgot there was even a port there altogether.
    There was a headphone+mic solution awhile back that used it, as well as some charging docks. [EDIT] Apparently there was a keypad that used it also, but who the heck even types on PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Probably a way for them to test a few lingering PS5 ideas and recoup side R&D costs.
    Possibly. Would be nice to just have paddles be a standard so the ring/pinky fingers have something to contribute beyond holding the controller. These controllers have changed so little since the original dualshock design, with only the touch pad being the notable addition....which no one made proper use of. Maybe they'll bring back analog buttons for the DS5 model for all we know, which they may need to if they decide to make PS5 a BC-machine with older hardware (still wishful thinking on my part).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...ility_concerns

One of my dreams killed. Dunno what they mean about the localisation, the 3 main games we're all released in English

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...ility_concerns

One of my dreams killed. Dunno what they mean about the localisation, the 3 main games we're all released in English
    I really feel like it will eventually be a project Nintendo accepts at a loss in order to get the Saga games on a Nintendo console.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

PS+ January 2020
    Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection

From the groundbreaking storytellers at Naughty Dog, comes the genre-defining epic that revolutionized adventure storytelling, rebuilt by Bluepoint Games with the power of the PS4 system. Follow the perilous journey of Nathan Drake across the globe, from humble beginnings to extraordinary discoveries. Meet an unforgettable cast of characters as Drake puts life and friendship on the line in a race against ruthless enemies to uncover unimaginable treasure.

Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection includes the single-player campaigns only for Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, and Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception.

Goat Simulator

The title says it all, really. Hurl an immaculately rendered goat with blisteringly accurate physics at all manner of objects. It’s the definitive goat simulation experience.

Oh — actually, it’s a totally bonkers fling-em-up that has you launching a goat at things. A lot of things. Experiment and see what happens!
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020...oat-simulator/

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Just in time for the exit of PS Vue on Jan 30th, YouTube TV is now available on PS4 finally.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast