1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 20 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 39 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 20 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 39 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So people are so bad now that they need tools like that to carry them?

It's probably more like the people quick to tell everyone they're awesome and that the game needs more hard stuff were the ones using that shit.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah that sounds about right. Though I'd be more worried about the folks on the OF running their big mouths about add-ons in general, which is happening right now.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

cmon dude there have been 3 posts here this month, this game needs drama

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

It was Tumblr post about Discord lesks. Something about 2 people "wronged the community on Lich" or something.

Didn't read because it was boring, but the person in the Discord sounded like your typical virtue tard that needed a good kick off their high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    It was Tumblr post about Discord lesks. Something about 2 people "wronged the community on Lich" or something.

Didn't read because it was boring, but the person in the Discord sounded like your typical virtue tard that needed a good kick off their high horse.

Haha Yeah it was pretty boring tbh. Tho one was being accused of being a "paedophile" lol

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Not gonna lie. Seeing Blue Mages be absolute bullies to everyone trying to complete the Yokai event and doing it completely within the TOS is hilarious to me. It’s like the skinny kid in middle school that always got picked on got fucking yoked later in life and flexed at the HS reunion.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Not gonna lie. Seeing Blue Mages be absolute bullies to everyone trying to complete the Yokai event and doing it completely within the TOS is hilarious to me. It’s like the skinny kid in middle school that always got picked on got fucking yoked later in life and flexed at the HS reunion.
    I was looking for a place to mention this, I have to agree. Seeing the FFXIV subreddit be absolute salty is even more hilarious, I swear that sub is mentally challenged.

The better suggestion right now is to fuck the event right, 5.4 isn't going to ship until maybe February I bet given the COVID delays. Do it in in 3 months and no one will really be doing it. All fates will be yours to farm.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Is this like the first one where it's just a RNG doing seasonal event FATEs?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I was looking for a place to mention this, I have to agree. Seeing the FFXIV subreddit be absolute salty is even more hilarious, I swear that sub is mentally challenged.

The better suggestion right now is to fuck the event right, 5.4 isn't going to ship until maybe February I bet given the COVID delays. Do it in in 3 months and no one will really be doing it. All fates will be yours to farm.
    I don't think we'll be seeing further delays after they dealt with the initial period of switching over to home office etc. They might not catch up, but I'd hope the next patch will be released closer to the usual timing.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Is this like the first one where it's just a RNG doing seasonal event FATEs?
    It's just regular zone fates, with each Yokai minion corresponding to certain zones to get credit towards a token for their weapon. It's laughable drama now because they upped the drop-rates of these tokens dramatically compared to the original release, and its 2nd appearance (talking needing to do 400 fates at worst, which die real fast, compared to the 2000 something of the original). I was having a pretty comfy time early morning the other night with another BLU in one zone and we had all the FATEs to ourselves. It's going to be dead again in a week anyways.

Like no shit people are going to take the fastest route possible to be done with the event, which is via BLU. Either join the club or get a PF up if it's a busy zone to get a PT of 8 to make credit building easier when it's not a boss fate being killed in 2s.

https://twitter.com/ipsusu/status/1296935550314844165

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Oooo I can self plug my own tweet!

https://twitter.com/KaiBondSin/statu...28342328991745

As I only needed 4 weapons as I got the full set last time, this is really easy it's laughable. 20 legendary medals to go, which are in stormblood areas. May still be able to BLU cheese it (even though all single boss mobs resist missile/launcher) in the initial area.

EDIT: The method I feel is just to do it in the final areas of the expansion. Hardly anyone around. I'm in the salty lake right now and fates go down fast.

EDIT2: oh my dear lord I have 2 medals left and in 50 minutes and 20~ fates no a single medal dropped. I used up my streak I guess ...

Aside from scaling not going high enough to account for these sorts of player numbers, the real issue is honestly that you have periods of 5+ minutes with no FATEs spawning at all. The system should at least be coded to guarantee there's always at least one up. Lone BLUs fucking up boss mobs despite huge crowds is also one of those "While technically possible in the game, still a dick move" things since it can suck flying across zone not even being able to sync in time.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I went and leveled BLU to 60 and learned Missile so now I am part of the pew pew gang ruining FATEs for everyone and it’s hilarious.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    I went and leveled BLU to 60 and learned Missile so now I am part of the pew pew gang ruining FATEs for everyone and it’s hilarious.
    It only really works in ARR areas. In Heavensward most if not all NM fates are immune
    But for little multiple mobs it works fine but at that point I rather just spam other moves lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wonder if today's maint will nerf blu for fates

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Nope:

08/25/2020 12:11 AM
    FINAL FANTASY XIV Updated (Aug. 24)
    FINAL FANTASY XIV has been updated.

* Game clients will update automatically upon launch.

[Date & Time]
    Aug. 24, 2020 11:55 p.m. (PDT)

[Affected Service]
    ・FINAL FANTASY XIV

[Update Details]
    ◆ FINAL FANTASY XIV HotFixes (08/25/2020)◆

■The confirmation checkbox when trading HQ items to NPC from leve quests and Grand Company supply and provisioning missions has been removed.

■The following issues were addressed.
    ・When undertaking the duty The Puppets’ Bunker, knockdown effects during a boss battle did not alleviated under certain conditions.
    ・When undertaking the duty The Puppets’ Bunker, certain boss battle effects did not display properly.
    ・When undertaking the duty The Puppets' Bunker, the way forward did not appear when all players in the alliance jump from a certain location.
    ・In the instanced dungeon the Heroes' Gauntlet, Trusts would cease to take any actions under certain conditions.
    ・In the duty Deltascape V3.0, some buffs would remain in effect after the duty was cleared under certain conditions.
    ・In the main story quest Hope's Legacy, NPC name were incorrectly displayed in certain texts.
    ・Incorrect contents were displayed when speaking to a certain NPC upon completion of the main story quest Unto the Morrow.
    ・In the main story quest The Converging Light, the graphics of certain NPCs were incorrect.
    ・When accepting the quest Sleep Now in Sapphire, no image was displayed in the UI and journal window.
    ・Daily bonuses were not received for the Daily Challenge: Frontline in the following areas:
     The Borderland Ruins (Secure) / Seal Rock (Seize) / The Fields of Glory (Shatter)
    ・The game client would lock or crash when players who have unlocked the splendors exchange spoke with the collectable dealer as a Disciple of the Land level 50 or higher.
    ・The warning text did not appear although items being put up the marketboard by retainers exceeded over the maximum gil under certain conditions.
    ・Certain prices for items sold by the following NPCs were incorrect:
     Scrap Salvager NPC in Idyllshire
     Scrap Salvager NPC in Rhalgr’s Reach
     Sileas NPC in the Merchant Strip of Ul’dah - Steps of Thal
    ・Certain ground graphics displayed incorrectly at the Footfalls located in Western Thanalan.
    ・Certain text were incorrectly displayed.

Honestly, it hasn't been too bad on Faerie. Join a PF fate party that has a buncha Blu+Dnc in it, land 1 hit on 1 mob during the fate, get gold credit, ezpz.

Same thing works if you're underleveled too. Was leveling my 25'ish pugilist in South Thanalan while medal farming. Even on the level 40+ fates, managed to get a hit or two on the mob, everyone else did all the work, got full credit, plenty of EXP and legendary medals lol

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So people did the numbers and pretty much anyone who finished top 12 on Ishgard restoration had to have been botting or account sharing, shocking I know

I got top 12 last time via crafting and I didn't bot. Didn't bother this time around though. If it was gathering I can see it I guess.