1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 45 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 23 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 10 hours, 45 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    fflogs drama is honestly worse than this housing drama
    Agreed lol

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

There are open housing locations but when I try to buy a get a message about "a moratorium has been placed on selling plots to individuals". Anyone know what is up?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erilsa Angeldust
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

You're not allowed to buy any new houses as an individual until SE decides to lift the restriction. We don't know when they're doing this though.

Current house owners can relocate and FC owners can buy though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

This has been going on in WoW for time immemorial.

Has it not been a thing in FFXIV?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    This has been going on in WoW for time immemorial.

Has it not been a thing in FFXIV?
    Exactly.

However, FFXIV players are quite backwards and/or sheltered. I think someone just managed to connected the dots and raised the alarm lol

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Just devote one GM to monitoring the PF and ban anyone who's got a "selling content" PF up.

Problem solved.

These especially piss me off because half the time it's a trial I'd be interested in (they were using Lakshmi for a while) but then I look at the message and oh, nope.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

GM would have to verify if content sales are actually taking place with RL currency, which is a huge fucking headache. This has been going in WoW since WoTLK or so (possibly even before, with less popularity) and sellers always negotiate outside of the game so the GM won't be able to view the conversation.

The only time I've seen action as a result of content bans was when one of the top guilds in WoW last year blatantly advertised/streamed (with high viewer count) their sale runs before Blizzard temp banned half of their guild for it.

I mean, I sold runs from way back in ARR starting with HM clears, albeit for gil. It's not like any of this is new, even for FFXIV.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    I mean, I sold runs from way back in ARR starting with HM clears, albeit for gil. It's not like any of this is new, even for FFXIV.
    I made a pretty penny off selling the 3 HMs and FCoB in ARR, sadly no one seems to give two fucks about alex or omega because they know it'll just be toned down so much that anyone can beat it in the future. I guess back in ARR people were crazed to have a Bahamut kill for whatever reason.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    I made a pretty penny off selling the 3 HMs and FCoB in ARR, sadly no one seems to give two fucks about alex or omega because they know it'll just be toned down so much that anyone can beat it in the future. I guess back in ARR people were crazed to have a Bahamut kill for whatever reason.
    Since story was also a reward. There's literally no true "reward" for the new content cycle aside throwing in their 'true form' in Savage, which yeah can be rewarding to see..but no one is desperate for that like they were to get that 'WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED AFTER LOUIS SENT US INTO THE TIME STASIS" Cinematic.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

But that's what youtube is for- oh no squeenix took down the video.

And then eventually uploaded the footage themselves.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    GM would have to verify if content sales are actually taking place with RL currency
    They could just update the TOS to make content sales bannable even if it's just for gil. Then they could have a field day with banning the shit in PF anytime it crops up.
    Sure it rains on a lot of raider parades but honestly people who can't complete the content themselves shouldn't be getting carried through it anyway.

Of course, people would just find ways around it so I guess there's no point.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Exactly.

However, FFXIV players are quite backwards and/or sheltered. I think someone just managed to connected the dots and raised the alarm lol
    Yeah, I don't really see the major issue here either. I only really had a problem with RMT in FFXI when it was just spam farming low tier content and monopolizing drops. If they can clear all the content, by all means, sell the spots.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Got a house this morning in the same ward as my FC. I had that play button on refresh pretty hard though. Just shouldn’t be this hard.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Looks like the Soul Empire/Project Soul FC on Louisoix server is doing the same shit.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...3248388272787/

I only came across this on xiv reddit looking for angermax drama. I don't even play the game anymore.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I see people on the FFXIVhousingmarket subreddit talking about "selling relocation." How is that possible with the new market restrictions? When you demolish or move from your plot, is that plot immediately available for another person/FC to move there?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yes. When a plot is unclaimed, you can immediately move an existing property to it as a landowner. However, if you do not already own land, then you have to wait for the RNG timer.

As an aside from someone who spent most of last week trying to get a house before finally succeeding, the timer seems to be between 11 and 13 hours almost every time, ive never seen it lower than 11. Ever.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

the world is so sad these days

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Too many people, not enough resources.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Artificially inflated gold sink. It's perfect.