1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 31 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 18 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 15 hours, 31 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

a gold sink in a game where your money means fucking nothing, thank god.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Bad game gonna bad.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...eh_since_2015/

Rule Change finally went into effect.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Holy..shit those prices lol. No wonder some people I knew virtually halved their work because they were making bank selling clears. I had a feeling it was rl money since unlike XI (least in its prime), gil is largely useless in XIV after a point so I didn't think they were selling for gil. This will be pretty interesting going forward, wonder if the recent 2 I seen selling will get slapped or anything.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I assume anyone advertising in x-server PFer can be convinced with cash and that gil prices are only a front for people on their server so its not blatant.

I'd lol at anyone paying 1.4k for a UWU clear but honestly I can't hate the system for it. I'll just laugh at whoever does it.

Like when a certain minion collector on my server suddenly had a wind up faust lol.

Like there are literally people with Billions of gil that can buy out whatever the hell they need in the name of prog.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

tfw I'm not good enough at video games and have to work a real job ;_;

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I don't see the problem here.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    I don't see the problem here.
    do you even play this game?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    He likes everything lean and we all know the MSQ is anything but lean.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Unlike housing, which is an entire gameplay feature that can get cut off by scumfuckery, the only people that the "prestige" of having an UwU clear matters to are the people selling the clears. Anyone else is just being loud for no reason as they probably have never and will never set foot into an ultimate fight to begin with. It is mildly hilarious that RMT practices are forbidden, but SE can't use out-of-game evidence for punitive measures due to their draconian GM system, but whatever. I'd sell that shit for $1200 too if I could.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    Does it matter? Selling runs for cash is neither new nor controversial. Most top guild/LS/whatevers in MMO's have been doing it forever. I've never had an issue with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Unlike housing, which is an entire gameplay feature that can get cut off by scumfuckery, the only people that the "prestige" of having an UwU clear matters to are the people selling the clears. Anyone else is just being loud for no reason as they probably have never and will never set foot into an ultimate fight to begin with. It is mildly hilarious that RMT practices are forbidden, but SE can't use out-of-game evidence for punitive measures due to their draconian GM system, but whatever. I'd sell that shit for $1200 too if I could.
    So would I. What does having the clear/gear actually mean? If they are a trash player that pays for it, they are still trash.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think it would be hilarious to get IP bans over this just for schadenfreude but obviously nothing will happen, its against their rules plain and simple. If you don't care that's fine but why care if people ruin4/zoom/sprint/cheatengine either. None of that affects anyone more than what these people are doing.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    They recently shown that they can, someone on twitter got a 3 day ban for using datmods that they were flaunting. The reason was Square was fearful that people would see what they were posting (R18+) mods of the game and they were convincing enough that you would think it's something Square had developed and shipped.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Plus as seen with XI's salvage bans+, they can easily hit people hard if they want to but yoshi did say ages ago he doesn't believe in punishing players, especially large scale, which is why a slap on the wrist is all that'd come from this since they want ARR to get only the best PR possible.

When they explained their whole ban process..I think it comes down to they just need to finally start making examples of people, like as exampled, the Salvage bans certain people were made examples of, e.g "Lol SE don't ban people, I ain't getting banned bitch." only to see them get perma banned the next day bitching up a storm on BG. Like I give no fucks if you sell content (cuz being real, this playerbase in general is allergic to git gud) but it's blatant RMT, something they spent every waking hour developing countermeasures to RMT for ARR, which is why we can't mail/friend our alts and a lot of other minor shit like trade more than 1m gil at a time etc.

So to let this slide....definitely not unusual for yoshi...but, kind of why like XI there's eventually that sense of "nothing will happen so do w/e." As long as you're not like hacking clears out right, nothing probably will happen. I mean people who use Pomanders and will no doubt use summoning Pomanders* outside of Deep Dungeon had nothing happen to them..that I know of.

*Yeah it's unlikely the summoning ones could be taken outside and work since they're coded to only function inside of heaven on high etc, but just saying lol.

I guess it will be cool to look back and go "Oh yeah that game where some guy sold his daughter's nudes for a mount? I used to play that.". They've never cared about RMT and the game just gets more and more degenerate for it. We've still got BLM bots exploiting the hell out of the game, everything's for sale, they're launching a PVP event where the people at the invitational will be people who paid someone else to win for them. It's just a videogame it doesn't need to be sacrosanct but I think it's quickly approaching dystopian hellscape.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    They recently shown that they can, someone on twitter got a 3 day ban for using datmods that they were flaunting. The reason was Square was fearful that people would see what they were posting (R18+) mods of the game and they were convincing enough that you would think it's something Square had developed and shipped.
    This is just some bug someone at square has up their ass. They went after a bunch of Japanese people for posting simulated sex pictures and actually contacted them in game telling them to delete the posts.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Worm View Post
    It's just a videogame it doesn't need to be sacrosanct but I think it's quickly approaching dystopian hellscape.
    Dystopian hellscape? The sky isn't falling. It's fucking videogame. Grow up.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    So to let this slide....definitely not unusual for yoshi...but, kind of why like XI there's eventually that sense of "nothing will happen so do w/e." As long as you're not like hacking clears out right, nothing probably will happen. I mean people who use Pomanders and will no doubt use summoning Pomanders* outside of Deep Dungeon had nothing happen to them..that I know of.

*Yeah it's unlikely the summoning ones could be taken outside and work since they're coded to only function inside of heaven on high etc, but just saying lol.
    Count Brusef on Adamantoise has been a lv64 WHM forever so I think its safe to say those kinds of ppl got the ban hammer finally.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Count Brusef on Adamantoise has been a lv64 WHM forever so I think its safe to say those kinds of ppl got the ban hammer finally.
    More likely quit lol

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

The only illegal activity in the game that has actually made me angry is the incessant xp botting in pvp. It literally ruined the fun of Frontline for anyone who was queueing to actually play it, including me. SE did nothing about it of course, even though bots were entirely obvious and incredibly prolific. Bans should absolutely have been handed out for that shit.

As far as RMT for clears though...meh. There's nothing to play for. Some guy wants to pay $1200 for a shiny ultimate coil weapon or a sigmascape clear, that's his business. It doesn't really affect me. There is an argument to be made that once someone who doesn't know how to play gets a clear he can sneak into PFs but 1. most raiders have a static, and 2. you can just blist and move on after being inconvenienced once. Like others said, if I could make that kind of bank off playing the game I would too.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast