1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 41 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 14 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 19 hours, 41 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

is this where i post to buy a ridill

E before O except before E-I-E-I-O.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kyleen Garaka
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Obligatory:

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    This guy seems to not have realized that everything he's complaining about has been going on in FFXIV since 1.0 release.
    It's a problem that is metastasizing. We're going from people selling runs for in game currency to people selling runs for significant amounts of real cash. We're going from someone running a gathering bot to huge botting operations utilizing tons of in-game resources for more airships and what not. Honestly if you want to deny there's any progression here that's fine, but it seems pretty evident to me.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Yeah I think the real point here is that nothing anyone does in XIV matters. A point that you continually ignore.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Worm View Post
    It's a problem that is metastasizing. We're going from people selling runs for in game currency to people selling runs for significant amounts of real cash. We're going from someone running a gathering bot to huge botting operations utilizing tons of in-game resources for more airships and what not. Honestly if you want to deny there's any progression here that's fine, but it seems pretty evident to me.
    XIV will be shit with or without botters mate. As long as Yoshida is at the helm the game will stagnate like a fetid pool, so it's no wonder there's so many mosquitos bubbling on the surface.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Hopfully he will find a way to step down from the 14 project once he's done with the garlamald campaign and wrap things up in his vision so the next person to come along basically has a clean slate to start with

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Unless they do a 1.0 to 1.x series-like purge of the higher ups I doubt anything will significantly change within FFXIV with or without Yoshida at the helm.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    XIV will be shit with or without botters mate. As long as Yoshida is at the helm the game will stagnate like a fetid pool, so it's no wonder there's so many mosquitos bubbling on the surface.
    Reddit will destroy you, you non believer

Yoshi P is life

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

It's not really Yoshida. Though he is a favorite scapegoat, the disease underneath the skin is the Japanese way of business. No matter who is in charge, they can't change how SE does its business: hires, fires, allots money & resources, etc. Technology-wise, the Japanese are stuck 10 years behind everyone else in most things. Business-wise, the stagnation happens because merit is awarded based on seniority and not skill. By the time the XIV devs are able to make a change, everyone else is already years ahead of that change. They fight against the tide as hard as they can, but it will never be enough. We see that in every FF game's development and this one is no different.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    It's not really Yoshida. Though he is a favorite scapegoat, the disease underneath the skin is the Japanese way of business. No matter who is in charge, they can't change how SE does its business: hires, fires, allots money & resources, etc. Technology-wise, the Japanese are stuck 10 years behind everyone else in most things. Business-wise, the stagnation happens because merit is awarded based on seniority and not skill. By the time the XIV devs are able to make a change, everyone else is already years ahead of that change. They fight against the tide as hard as they can, but it will never be enough. We see that in every FF game's development and this one is no different.
    All i'm saying is that for Reddit and XIV community, yoshi is god, he is life

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Unless they do a 1.0 to 1.x series-like purge of the higher ups I doubt anything will significantly change within FFXIV with or without Yoshida at the helm.
    Story wise, our focus is always split between garlamald and the asians, so likely they will try to put both those down in 5.0 and yoshi has gone on to say that after that he would like someone else to take over.

That would free the next person up to take it somewhere else.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I will give SE mad props for finding a way to keep their MMO floating in a sea of MMO failures left and right from companies who couldn't manage.

The problem is, I think, is they are so afraid to do anything to mess with the boat that yes it is stagnated and will continue to be stagnated with or w/o Yoshi.

The good news is, if you do like the system, expect it to continue on. Each expansion will give you another story, with similar missions and fights that will be unique in their own way but still follow the same formats of the (easy raids/hard raids) they've been doing.

The bad news is, never expect major innovations to fix the parts you may not like. This will never be like Blizzard who are so confident they will keep changing everything up every expansion to give people something new. They will never take that risk.

And I think we can expect this to be their last MMO until there comes a time where MMOs become popular again (if ever).

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

^ nail + head. FFXIV is afloat because Yoshi P took a very standard, easy, one-size-fits-all template and implemented it very well. Now Squenix is terrified, absolutely terrified to mess with that... even as the stagnation pushes the game closer and closer to obsoletion. That's one reason I love ultimate even though it's beyond my level of investment; I like that they're doing something a little different, a little interesting, even if it's just a gussied-up version of what they already do. It breathed a lot of life into the community even if few people played it, that's for sure.

Then again there are the Namazu quests which are fuckawesome and amazing and maybe I'm ok with just doing the same thing if it's done this well.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I disagree that they won't make another FF MMO. I wouldn't be surprised if 17 or 18 was slated to be their next MMO and they are working on it now. FFXIV 1.0 is like....8 years old.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    I disagree that they won't make another FF MMO. I wouldn't be surprised if 17 or 18 was slated to be their next MMO and they are working on it now. FFXIV 1.0 is like....8 years old.
    I could possibly see them making mobile MMOs if FFXI mobile actually comes to fruition and does well.

But 17 or 18 as a PC MMO I doubt. Even if that was the plan and they started it, I bet it would be scrapped.

Bliz and Sony were their main competitors all these years and both companies scrapped their future MMO projects.

There's just not a big enough market for it right now.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The only thing SE will do about content sellers and buyers is post a reminder about how RMT is against the ToS and you shouldn't be doing it, which they already just did again because people got all mad about that reddit post. In reality SE is not going to ban a bunch of players selling runs or the people who bought them because if they did they would be losing sub money from those players which they don't want.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If I were at any convention he(Yoshida) was at, I'd be the the guy you'd hear about on the news who tried to get within striking distance of him. Therefore, guess it's good I don't go to any gaming conventions or interviews, E3's, etc.

Don't know what it is, but every time I see him, I just want to put a crater in his face with my fist.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    If I were at any convention he(Yoshida) was at, I'd be the the guy you'd hear about on the news who tried to get within striking distance of him. Therefore, guess it's good I don't go to any gaming conventions or interviews, E3's, etc.

Don't know what it is, but every time I see him, I just want to put a crater in his face with my fist.
    That's... pretty extreme for something that's not nearly that big of a deal? Most would just say their piece and unsubscribe rather than resort to violence because a game develops differently than they would hope. It's not like Yoshida has a Martin Shkreli kind of looking face either.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Are you okay

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

lol calm down

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast