1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 9 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 9 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, that's not happening for now. Or if it does, S-E is even more stupid than we already think, lol.

I've been generally depressed by all the debate since the Blue announce. There is always a lot of annoying crap on the sites but this sorta spluged all over everything.

Now I actually have a horse in this race. In XI My mains were BST and BLU and I was idiot that create and maintained the Blue Mage Spell hunting Ground pages, so I give more then a small crap over the job.

I can see both sides of the argument pretty well.

Being able to main a job in all content is pretty much what almost every player wants. They identify with the job as part of their game identity and want to use it in their play. So having a favorite job added and restricted as BLU seems to be is a solid slap at the core of their gaming identity, and hurts. So I get where that side of the feelings comes from.

On the other side we have the people who see the limited Blue as something possibly fun to do as a time sink. Go out collect spells, (Which might be trivial or super-duper grind-y depending on how SE tunes it) and do masquerade missions for whatever prizes they stuff in there. Or go out and PF a group and wreck some dungeons for LOL's it could amuse. I can easily see some discord groups laughing their asses off over what will probably be possible.

They see BLU as a addition to their main job grind for other times.

I admit that I loved collection the spells, and look forward to that portion of the limited blue a lot. If SE makes it hard then that means it will just take me longer and I'll yell at a lot of mob tunes for not giving me my spell. Did that in XI will do again!

But I have to agree that using BLU as the 1st limited job was dumb. Beast master would have been the ideal choice. Solo job, make it so you need to catch and then level up mobs which would be a super time sink given how many types you would want available to oneself. And see how people use the thing in limited content and make plans from that. Then move on to other things. Or see that its popular and work our how to integrate the job into the full content structure.

The two sides on Blue will never see eye to eye. The best option is that over time the job gets tuned into all content as many posters above suggested. The spell sets to define roll, the nerfing of OP spells in boss fights and so forth are all possible. That would be the only path I see that would let both haves have what they like. I doubt SE has the will or desire to do that.

I figure we'll see a series of limited jobs as 'additional content' over the years ahead. Some will be a blast I'm sure. But each will piss off those that identify with the job strongly.

I guess this is sort of an experiment to see where games like FF will be headed in the years ahead. I can only hope that its a sign that SE is willing to try and think different and try some new ideas. This may be a dud. But perhaps something they try will not be and show a real solid path forward that keep the game healthy and enjoyed.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I just want to say- That website was super helpful, thank you

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Yeah, that's not happening for now. Or if it does, S-E is even more stupid than we already think, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    I'd be surprised to hell if Square Enix thought about making another MMORPG. They already got 3 subscription based games running.
    Fair points.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

LMAO Jesus Christ what the fuck is going on.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

stop trying to make XIV drama happen. It's not going to happen

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

seriously. one twitter post does not a drama make.

FFXIV is a giant giant letdown aside from the fishing.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

you can't have drama without a tight knit community or zero sum content

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Its a continuation of shit from people getting banned from earlier. That guy got his appeal rejected and someone just tweeted some dumb shit about it.

tl;dr People are getting mad over reddit points.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

So the TL;DR is the XIV reddit is a hugbox? What else is new about those types of sites.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

We already know XIV reddit and its moderation team is comprised of 99% autismal mother fuckers, this isn't news tbh. The post they made about their big boy "investigation" i.e. reading discord logs that could've been doctored was p funny tho

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Reddit is no different from the Official boards. Both suffer horrendously from the "only the popular opinion shall be agreed with" and the 2-3 folks always trying to dominate threads(looks very attention whore-ish to me) to force their opinion on folks. Official board mods like to do crap behind the scenes(no balls), while mods on reddit are more visible and jump to any chance to exert authority. ::shrugs::

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    stop trying to make XIV drama happen. It's not going to happen
    QFT yet again.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

So is Reddit the Zam or KI of XIV?

And about the closest thing to drama XIV has had was people losing their shit over hunts.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

How can there be drama in a game that doesn't instigate competing against other players for loot or whatever? Tbh I rather have no drama and be able to play the game than watching the shitshow that was FFXI endgame where the one with the fastest bot gets the prize and the rest gets nothing for the next 3-7 days. The fact that gear is only relevant for 3-6 months instead of years upon years also makes fighting for loot mostly pointless.

There's plenty of drama within FCs and static parties though, but nobody outside them cares about it obviously.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

What is this "Feast"? Can we eat it?

Ridill