1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 3 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 14 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 19 hours, 3 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

also seems to be a server specific complaint. Hyperion people are always getting yelled at for going too fast, lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Luthia View Post
    The people whining about early pulls arent usually in the discords.
    Yeah in Aether they kind get told to stfu

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    also seems to be a server specific complaint. Hyperion people are always getting yelled at for going too fast, lol

Eh Im on hyperion, always pull shit on sight, but this is with a train going, and I havent seen much bitching lately (sad face). Havent really hunted lately tho, those fuckin trains go on forever.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

idk if it's been brought up but there's a new subreddit that allows character names to be posted and has some amusing drama: https://www.reddit.com/r/TalesFromDF/

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I can't wait to show up on there.

Lately I've been doing all my roulettes as healer and well, let's just say that healers have a hard time in leveling dungeons if the tank decides to pull literally everything. Had more tanks die on me this expac than all the other ones combined. Granted, some of them are undergeared or not very good at their job but other times it's just too much for me to heal even though I'm good at healing.

No matter whose fault something is, I just try never to say anything that might rub someone the wrong way because I don't want some GM who doesn't give a shit about what actually happened to ban me for an avoidable situation.

Some of the ignorance in that sub though trumps anything I've seen ingame thus far. Hope I never see some of that firsthand...

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    idk if it's been brought up but there's a new subreddit that allows character names to be posted and has some amusing drama: https://www.reddit.com/r/TalesFromDF/
    My new favorite sub!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Yeah... I'm not going near that subreddit lol. I already get exposed to the crazy and moronic enough as it is when doing DF, I rather not relive it.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I will check it out for sure. I miss the days of the gimp/confused/wtf thread on BG.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

So there's this, where I guess the person who coded Ser Aymeric bot for discord is a creep and no one wants to use it anymore.

It's drama...sorta...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Turns out when you run a server with 10k people you're kinda super invested into discord bots and it turns out Ser Aymeric the best for FFXIV so I'm super aware of wtf happened. I got links on discord but I'm at work so this shit is gonna be verbal.

Someone called out Lethys on twitter for several things. Notably being abuse and controlling and sending unsolicited NSFW shit from one person. In addition to this other people chimed in with similiar stories of not having a very great time in Gayorzea as a mod working with Lethys. To be clear Lethys was the head there.

In the #MeToo call out there was also the discription that the discord bot was "Two lines of code" away from being used to spy on people. Which is why I heard about it. I personally don't find those fears credible (Its something that was called out 5 months ago and while the official Ser Aymeric response was abrasive as fuck meanwhile Roxas responded well and clairied things from their personal reddit account).

Anyway fast forward a day or two and it turns out Lethys blew up on Roxas and Roxas stepped down from coding and development, revealed that most of the Patreon money was going to Lethys and not Roxas (Though this wasn't the point of their breakup. It was something Roxas let slide because Lethys wasn't making enough irl) and that Lethys has until the 24th to move Ser Aymeric to a new server.

I don't know what the fuck we're going to do on my server since we kind of rely on Ser Aymeric to assign roles based off the data center/server and I don't think Kupo Bot performs those functions. Everything else I can move.

I really hope Lethys can get some help though.

September just started so we're already paid into Ser Aymeric's patreon for this month so I'll wait to see if the service continues past the 24th and wtf happens around that. Lethys is stepping down from Gayorzea and going to focus on Ser Aymeric which tbh I think is the best move he can focus on.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Arthars was banned from FFXIV for using a parse and shit talking a player on his Twitch stream; he said nothing in game chat about the player. SE now using outside resources to ban players apparently after repeatedly saying they never do.

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Arthars was banned from FFXIV for using a parse and shit talking a player on his Twitch stream; he said nothing in game chat about the player. SE now using outside resources to ban players apparently after repeatedly saying they never do.

https://twitter.com/ArtharsFF14/stat...24133076930562

dude i totally deserved to get banned, i dont have a problem with that

only thing i need as a streamer, is the guidelines tbh

i would care less if they even ban my main acct in FF14 LOL its not FF11 so its watever

when i return, i hope theres like a line we should know
    https://twitter.com/ArtharsFF14/stat...89591947902976

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

doesn't seem like it had anything to do with parsing itself

kudos for him accepting his punishment with grace

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I see no issues using a verified Twitch channel as evidence for in-game punishment. Unlike using something like a Discord log, faking your face, voice, and verification tag to fuck someone over via Twitch is a lot harder/impossible at this point in time unless you've got access to a great deep learning resource.

Streamers using ACT to very publicly shit on other people has potential ramifications for everyone who uses a parser (heavier handed punishments etc.) so nipping that shit in the bud doesn't bother me at all. Keep that shit on the down low idiot.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

What was Arthas doing when he was complaining about a DPS? A trial roulette? lol

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

That'd be sad if true. Unless the DPS was just spamming 1111

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    What was Arthas doing when he was complaining about a DPS? A trial roulette? lol
    E2S. The Black Mage was doing absolutely dogshit garbage DPS. Like just fucking kick and blacklist them don't go on a fucking rant where you call them by name. Glad he owned up to it.

Also E2S is a 100% uptime fight and basically everyone was trash except Arthars. The BLM was just exceptionally trashy.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Well, this exists.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1217850285995036673

Pray that shit gets nixed before everyone and their mum is a perfect legend.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

That's not cool. I wonder if this is detectable on SE's side. If it's just packet sniffing maybe not, but I don't like cheaters. This is why people who get Ultimate titles are viewed with suspicion by the rest of the community. Because you never know if that asshole who's ruining your farm despite having a glow weapon bought their clear or is just having a bad day. And people who clear legitimately deserve not to be viewed with suspicion.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

It's likely using packets and some overlay or it's tripped a flag that re-enables hidden telegraphs. The fact that it's capable of tracking player movement to show hidden telegraphs is fucking wild. I didn't think we were at that point with REing this game. Seeing Protean track that dude is unreal.

Limit cut was pretty rough starting out for most groups but you could run in a fucking circle and finish it with that. That'd go for Wormhole too.. Seeing exactly where Sacrament and Apoc Ray fires..LOL