Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Hot Shot apparently breaks 99999 damage cap O.o

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...aks-damage-cap

Posted in Bug Reports, includes screenshots of 104k+ damage when uber buffed. I'm guessing it's due to doubleshot/hybrid/etc? Nowhere near enough info was included for a proper bug report, so don't know anything about gear used, etc. Target was Apex Bats, so known damage ratings but no gimmicks that would increase player damage.

Are any other WS able to do the same and break the 99,999 barrier?

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Afania would report that, wouldn't they.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

They should reserve Break Damage Limit for Nirvana like in FFX. NERF!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Afania would report that, wouldn't they.
    Actually, Frod reported it. Afania's the one actually doing it in the screenshots. XD

I'm just curious how it manages to get that high at all, and why it's able to break the damage display limit. I actually don't know of anything else that does off hand.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Actually, Frod reported it. Afania's the one actually doing it in the screenshots. XD

I'm just curious how it manages to get that high at all, and why it's able to break the damage display limit. I actually don't know of anything else that does off hand.
    Same way Jinpu manages to.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post

wtf this thread not showing as unread for me. But yeah it has pretty decent dmg potential especially with wsd being multiplied twice. Gets to use pdif and mab Using bats helps a lot. I mathed out more or less how it works a bit back so can take that and sort of figure out what it would take to get that much dmg

I'd imagine it's because it does 2 separate calculations and probably doing caps for each. Barrage does the same.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Already shuffled off to "Not a Bug Report" since Frod did not properly follow the template. XD Now we'll never know..

I was just surprised that it was able to do so since I've never seen anything go past 99999 and thought that was a hard display cap. Plus Hot Shot is a single hit, so couldn't blame it on multhits getting added together.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Frod did it for the lols and because people were being moody hypocrites about SMN. Yet had no problems with breaking damage cap on cor or rng.
    Watching people take down their screenshots of damage after he used it in the report is pathetic too.

Don't be surprised if it gets submitted again.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Back in the day with the delve mob that would take like 40k melee hits if you did it right someone reported a really huge barrage. Wasn't sure exactly how much since it seemed the numbers wrapped around much like the old display cap did but he took it from full to almost dead and it had a good 1 mil hp.

It not being a true multi hit is probably whats messing things up. Game getting confused carrying out a full physical and full magic thing including multipliers that are normally all done at the end

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Barrage is known to break the cap probably because of how SE implemented it.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Isn't it also possible that even though we see 99k damage, that it is only a display limit, like attack "capping" at 999? Was this ever tested with Death?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It was tested and (apart from Barrage), damage is capped at 99,999

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    It was tested and (apart from Barrage), damage is capped at 99,999
    For single-hit only or does that include multihits as well? Barrage is just firing off multiple /ra as far as I've ever known, which could be treated system-wise as different from multihit WS, so figure that could explain it?

Just thought of this but technically, the slug MaxHP Down Ready move "Purulent Ooze" should be able to go waaay above 99,999 since it's 10% of target max hp. As long as you use it at the beginning of a fight. XD

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You could see it pretty obviously with Volatile Matamata. A good melee hit, 1 hit ws, nukes, multi hit ws etc would still all take off the same percentage when doing 99,999.

Barrage has a lot of oddities. Like it not counting as just a ranged attack for some things (ODD aftermaths for example) but does for say relic proc. The whole missing stops all extra hits.

I think FFXI should be Free-2-Play
    BG Level

Watching people take down their screenshots of damage after he used it in the report is pathetic too.
    Or make their own screenshot if they want want to "do lols" or file a bug report. It's very disrespectful to use other's image(made for the purpose of discussion) with names in a bug report/"I'm giving you shit" post without creator's consent nor PM, isn't it?

Don't give a damn about bug report otherwise, nor want to associate with it.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Viar View Post
    Or make their own screenshot if they want want to "do lols" or file a bug report. It's very disrespectful to use other's image(made for the purpose of discussion) with names in a bug report/"I'm giving you shit" post without creator's consent nor PM, don't you think?

Don't give a damn about bug report otherwise, nor want to associate with it.
    Really? Give me a break. So "LOOK WHAT I CAN DO GUIZ!" is fine, but reporting that as a bug to SE is "very disrespectful"? lol if that is the case the offended individuals should not be given respect.

You don't need someones consent to share a screenshot of damage they are sharing. If they don't want it shared then they shouldn't be showing it off to everyone on the internet in the first place.

Not wanting to associate with a bug report means what exactly..?

I think FFXI should be Free-2-Play
    BG Level

Really? Give me a break. So "LOOK WHAT I CAN DO GUIZ!" is fine, but reporting that as a bug to SE is "very disrespectful"? lol if that is the case the offended individuals should not be given respect.

You don't need someones consent to share a screenshot of damage they are sharing. If they don't want it shared then they shouldn't be showing it off to everyone on the internet in the first place.

Not wanting to associate with a bug report means what exactly..?
    Reporting that as a bug to SE is not disrespectful at all, it's totally legit.

That being said, The screenshot was made with time spent of 2 players(or more), for the purpose of trying to get help from the community to figure out how the forumula works and discussing the possible application of the WS for the sake of job performance.

Then somehow it's being used for "bash the hypocrites!" crusade, a purpose with not so positive intention. What if the original creator doesn't want to get involve in it? It's just rude.

You are right, you can use other's SS as much as others has right to take it down for whatever reason, the SS is not even his. The owner gets to decide how its being used and how long it lasts. Like I said, 0 issues with bug report and shit posting, just make their own SS, upload it to their own account and leave others out of this.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

there very idea of hotshot being in any way comparable to what SMN can do is absurd and anyone claiming as such is a ridiculous human being

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    there very idea of hotshot being in any way comparable to what SMN can do is absurd and anyone claiming as such is a ridiculous human being
    ^

Comparing a COR with balls out the ass buffs doing a single 99-"104"k Hot Shot on an XP mob to Astral Conduit is one of the lulziest things I've ever seen. Frod being a salty little boy over someone calling SMN what it is, a broken mess of a job, is even more lulzy.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

He isn't salty so much as a big troll and he enjoys that.

Frod couldn't care less if smn was broken or not.

He and I were both using smn for HELMs (mostly one or two on Zerde supporting the BLM efforts or one for Teles) before anyone even wanted SMN or was even really doing melee burns (BLM onry!). As far as I'm concerned everyone is generally shit. As far as he is concerned I believe, he mostly plays to troll and recreationally be a SMN, OP or not.

Now, the people involved in this are the salty bitches and I'm glad he reported it to spite and troll them. It clearly worked too.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast